MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1594

[Deleted]
Hi everyone, please i like to know the meaning of the follwing inputs in true scalper profit lock ea, RSIValue = 50 ; AbandonMethodA = true ; AbandonMethodB = false ; Abandon = 101, breakeven trigger= 25, breakeven = 3. Thanks in advance . Willy.
[Deleted]
I am relatively new to MetaTrader, not to trading though, and havecreated some EAs using Expert Adviser Builder. Most work fine but amhaving trouble when I use multiple exits. Close(buy) logics and close(sell) logics with the OR function. Multiples with AND work fine, butit won't recognize any I...
This is a request for an upgrade to MT4. Please include the ability to have multiple rows of chart tabs, and to toggle any row between "Active" and "Inactive". Explanation: I like to focus my fx trading on only a couple of fx pairs at a time. I like to have an expanded sequence of timeframes for...
[Deleted]
Hi! I need to maximize the window size of a chart window by keyboad input. This is different from F11 to make MT4 full screen. Does anybody know how to do this ? I could not find this function in a comprehensive list of hotkeys. The other info wanted: Is there any hotkey or key combination to open a...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a variable in my Indicator, and I would like to check it each time MetaTrader is launching, after this first check, the variable must'nt be checked until the next start of MetaTrader. Is there a way to make this ? Thank you
My EA (2 MA cross) works fine when I input 0 at applied price (CLOSE). I want to use FIRST INDICATOR'S DATA at one of the MA then I set 8 but don't works. What can be wrong? Is not 8? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello all, I am currently working on money management when entring multiple orders. I know how to calculate # of lots for one order considering risk % and account balance. That would be: Account Balance=$5,000; Risk=2% Buy EURUSD at 1.4755 with Stop Loss 50 pips. Since Account Currency is USD, Mini...
Hi, could you take a look to the following screen print? How can I proceed to assign the right icon to the files with extension EX4 and MQ4? I'm not able to attach these EA to a graph. Thank you! Alberto.
[Deleted]
Hello, Following the indicators, I would like to open one order at a time. So before open an order, I would like EA detect if there is an open order yet. Second, it must detect the type of the order (BUY or SELL order). Process will be: 1. EA detect if there is open order yet, if none, it open order...
[Deleted]
Hello, On my indicator, I set a GlobalVariable for the trend. When the trend is up, GlobalVariable is 1 and when the trend is down the GlobalVariable is -1 On my EA, I get the GlobalVariable, but I only succeeded to get the current GlobalVariable. I would like to get previous GlobalVariable at...
Built in iSAR() Function only tell us price of existing dot. There is no iSAR() Function with shift = -1 :) My question is: 1. How can i know price for next dot? (assuming closing price will be at current price) 2. If current SAR dot touch by the price, to what price SAR dot will move? I know i can...
Hello Friends I am able to create a indicator which draws a osciallator which moves above and below zero. The oscillator is drawn when the indicator is attached to a chart for a time period. Trend is up if above zero and Trend is down below zero. What i want is the value of this indicator for...
[Deleted]
hi. i need help extern datetime thedate=( i want to insert today's date here ) how? i tried TimeDay(CurTime()) but it didnt work
Hi, I just installed MT4 on new komputer. And I want to copy the mailbox on old computer to the new one. I already try to copy file in the mailbox and config folder to new computer but when i open the MT4 the message not shown. Is there any way to do it? Thank you. Aldhy SP
I would like to know what it means: //---- input parameters periodAMA = 9; nfast = 2; nslow = 30; G = 2.0; dK = 2.0; My EA is based on MA but when the market does big movies my EA's get strange. Maybe AMA can solve this problem. Thanks
Here is the link to the picture. https://c.mql5.com/mql4/forum/2007/04/gps_prob2_2.gif It is from "Did you see such a picture" thread started by Rosh, and this image posted by Collection. I'm using "-" and "|" character to draw this line (using label), any better idea?
  get all Symbols  (4)
hi all i need to obtain all symbols in MetaTrade... How to code? regards charles
Hi all, How can I display time continuously without it beingdependent on the data. i.e. the time is updated without any update in the tickvalve. Cheers
[Deleted]
I have altered a template advisor to open buy trades only when the current MACD is > 0 and when the previous MACD < 0 (with a few minor additions). Why would this trade open, when the MACD is clearly below zero? Is the advisor seeing the MACD jump above 0 on another chart period? Can someone...
[Deleted]
When a position is closed using a stop loss, the "close" isn't written to any log file (at least none of the log files I can find). The only indication I can find of a stop loss trigger is the s/l column in the Account History tab, which turns red. Can anyone point me to the correct log file to see...
[Deleted]
when an order sell Gbpusd :op = 2.0024 sl = 2.0054 profit = 1.9807 ask = 1.9959 ,I modify sl to 1.9979 by orderModify() . And orderModify() return the value of Error= 130 (non-valid stoploss). the code is as follows : bool bSuccess = false ; double _OrderStopLoss = OrderStopLoss() ; double...
[Deleted]
when an order sell Gbpusd :op = 2.0024 sl = 2.0054 profit = 1.9807 ask = 1.9959, I modify sl to 1.9979 by OrderModify(). but,to my suprise, the function return the value of error 130 ( non-valid stoploss). the following is my code : bool bSuccess = false ; double _OrderStopLoss =...
[Deleted]
dear all I have created a very very simple dll using visual studio 2005; here is the definitions, but it doesn't work: cpp file: // TestDLL.cpp : Defines the entry point for the DLL application. // #include "stdafx.h" #ifdef _MANAGED #pragma managed(push, off) #endif
An ATS(Automated Trading System) is up for sale. The system is a Quantitative Pairs Trading Strategy, utilized by Hedge Funds for safer trading. The Trading System is based on an equity strategy detailed in this article http://www.traderslog.com/trading-pairs.htm The strategy is 100% fully...
[Deleted]
Sadly, I am not up to the task of adding an indicator that is available on this forum. I just cannot see what to do. I am sure there would be somewhere an FAQ, easy to understand instruction that even a Luddite such as I am I can follow. Could some kind Genie, please help me with instructions....
Hello, this works: double test[4]={1.1,2.1,3.1,4.1};ArraySetAsSeries(test,true);Print(test[0]," ",test[1]," ",test[2]," ",test[3]," size ",ArraySize(test)); it change the array indexing direction. But when does one full a array of this way, little or! Now, this dont works: double test[4];...
[Deleted]
I am trying to add a Time Filter to allow trading only during select times. I was refered to a site (http://www.cubesteak.net/2006/08/3-fold-trading-hours-filter-for-ea/) that has what I want to implement, but don't know how to do it. It says: "Simply wrap all your EA logic in the call to...
How do you open an EA script that is locked in the editor?
I bought an EA from Ebay that is not editable in the editor cause i couldnt access the script. I want to be able to go in there and change the timeframe from 30 mins to one hour. how do i open the EA to be able to edit it?
[Deleted]
I have written an indicator which perform significant amount of calculations. The result is that indicator is hard to use and slows down the system. Is there any guide available to optimize the mql4 code? If let me know if any one knows. Thanks,