MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1546

[Deleted]
Hi. I posted this question a few months back and phy showed me it was solvable, but I couldn't reach him for the final code... I'm trying to build an indicator that adds a horizontal 'tail' to a confirmed fractal (swing high/low)? A tail that ended ONLY at the point that the fractal was overtaken by
Indicator Bands can plot three lines, but iBands() can only return one value. What should I do if I want all the three lines' value?
[Deleted]
Hi, I post comments to my screen on the left hand side. They take up about 25% of my screen. The background is black, barchart is green. How can I always black out the 25% portion of my screen so I can read my comments easily. Is there a function that reads bars on screen, Bar(left hand side) to...
Can anyone explain this for me please 08:30:40 '5234474': pending order buy stop 1.00 GBPUSD at 1.7671 sl: 0.0000 tp: 0.0000 08:30:41 '5234474': order buy stop 1.00 GBPUSD opening at 1.7671 sl: 0.0000 tp: 0.0000 failed [Invalid S/L or T/P]
Can anyone tell me why order #10948713 as shown in partial log below is still open? My EA relies on closing an order before another is opened. The order was supposed to be closed by the following line of code to limit losses OrderClose(myticket, OrderLots(), OrderClosePrice(),...
[Deleted]
I"m sure this is a simple process that my mind can not seem to work out today so any help would be appreciated. I have an Array that I want to put data in for each trade. New trade = new data to be a added to this Array. At some point I will want to remove the data representing an old trade....
[Deleted]
Hi there, a really stupid question!! Could someone explain to me how to calculate the REAL or ACTUAL profit on the MetaTrader Sim that I am using? Before I begin live trading this is one of the many things I would like to clear up. EG: Deposit of $100(actual) with leverage becomes $5000. With some...
hello all, my name is ste and this is strategy for trade on GBP/JPY which indicator setting like that : Simple Moving Average ( SMA 35 high) Color white with bold line like at the picture Simple Moving Average ( SMA 35 close) Color white with dot line like at the picture Simple Moving Average ( SMA...
Can somebody help me to write a code based on the following rules: iAC is Green and Stochastic & stochastic signal is above iAC =0 line Thanks in advance Fabio
New article Drawing Horizontal Break-Through Levels Using Fractals is published: The article describes creation of an indicator that would display the support/resistance levels using up/down fractals. Author: Victor Chebotariov
[Deleted]
Wgat does this stand for? Thank you
[Deleted]
  What is swap?  (2)
Hello all I had a trade open for few days in minus, and i had swap -16,50 there, how come? Thank you
I am a newb so sorry if this is a simple question. I need to know what the relationship between equity and drawdown(absolute, relative, maximal) as it pertains to the tester chart for the EA. What does it mean when the equity is above the balance on the chart and what does it mean if it is below?...
Does the MT4 Mobile or MT4 Mobile SE support EA and customized indicator?
Hi, I wrote the attached file to calculate the number of lots. I save the file in "Include" folder, with .mq4 extension. Then I wrote #include <Lot Size.mq4> in the destination file. If i Write int start() { LotSize_Long(); LotSize_Short(); } there is no problem in the attached file, but in the...
As the title states, every time I have a chart open and right-click and then select "Indicators List" from the pop-up menu my MT4 build 215 locks up. I have un-installed & re-installed, as well as done a "repair" option, with no luck. The only way to recover is to kill the terminal.exe process from
  Bid Cross...  (4)
Hi, is there the possibility to write a condition like this? If (Bid > High[1] && prevoious Bid < High[1]) { .... } instead of an indicator that check the opened positions? Thank you! Alberto
[Deleted]
- never use scalping: if the profits in 25% of trades made by the end of the contest are detected to range within the spread, the Participant will be disqualified When trade is classified as 'range within the spread'? For example spread for EURCHF is 3 points. Trade is 'within the spread' if its...
[Deleted]
MY EA only seems to trade the currency I place it on.  I have an EA which is supposed to trade EURUSD and AUDNZD at the same time.  When I place it on the EURUSD, it only trades EURUSD.  And when I place it on the AUDNZD, it only trades the AUDNZD.  Ides???  
  FIX EA LOGICS  (8)
Hi Admin, I was told to check my logics in order to fix EA's testing time that is more than 5Min. Is it the order entry logic or the trailing stop or the exit logics to fix, pls enlight me more?? Isaac
[Deleted]
> if MarketInfo(symX) called after ArrayCopySeries(symX) will MarketInfo(symX) always return with ok value when asking for ask,bid,point,digits of symX ? or should GetLastError() be called after each MarketInfo() call ? > if iBars(symX) called after ArrayCopySeries(symX) will iBars(symX) always...
[Deleted]
hello, guys im a newbies, i try to used EAS code from online liberry but when i test it this message will come up ;there were 1 passes done during optimization,1 results have been discarded as insignificant ' pls what deos it mean and how to correct them
[Deleted]
I have some method at C# dll, so i think to call C# dll from MT4 EA, but don't know how to do it. now i do it other in another way. 1.I created C++ dll,then from this dll to call C# dll,i think it is ok,because i can get the result from a test application used the same code. 2.I call this C++dll...
[Deleted]
HI, I want to draw on my chart trendlines, just like drawing a ZIG ZAG, from peak to bottom, bottom to peak. The trendline names are automatically allocated like Trendline 3235, Trendline 4575, Trendline 4654 I want to be able to run the thru these trendline objects and name them : Trendline 1...
[Deleted]
Please help! I change my setting for my demo acct and now FOREXTRADERAUTO trader will not close my order. How do I reset and start over?
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a daily data. So time is "00:00". I have a Start date and an end date. Q: Are there any functions that will give me the 'number of bars' and 'total volume' between theses two time point ?
[Deleted]
I have a demo account. I have written a script for my system. It is perfectly generating orders (buystop and sellstop) when i execute it manually. Now i want to schedule the script to run once everyday..say at 8.03PM EST. Can anyone help by showing to to do this. I am using IBFX mt4 demo platform.
Hi! I'd like to make multiple ordersend simultaneously (one tick). Here is my code:       ticket1=OrderSend(tradepair,OP_SELL,mylot,Bid,1,Bid+sl_limit*Point,Bid-tp_limit*Point,"",1,0,Coral);      ticket2=OrderSend(tradepair,OP_SELL,mylot,Bid,1,Bid+sl_limit*Point,Bid-tp_limit*Point,"",1,0...
New article Individual Psychology of a Trader is published: A portrait of a trader's behavior on the financial market. Author's ownmenu from the book "Как играть и выигрывать на бирже" ("How tospeculate on stock exchange and win") by A. Elder. Author: Belokrylov Vladimir
I've encountered something very strange I think. I have some years of experience with metatrader, and never had this problem before. The problem is that when I apply an indicator, and it calculates the values backwards in time (history values) everything is perfect. Then, when it runs in realtime, I...