MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1444

[Deleted]
I've been dabbling in FX for a few years.... sometimes a lot more active than others. I've gotten back into it again and am currently coding a mini MQL4 emulator in VC++ to help me with logic bugs that always creep into my EA's that take forever for me to find in MT4. Instead of doing something...
[Deleted]
It appears that when I call a custom indicator from an EA in the tester using iCustom -- everything works perfectly -- but When I drag and drop the custom indicator into the tester "session" -- (the currently executing test) - the indicator does not recognize that it is in fact in testing mode - the...
[Deleted]
The system is listed below which utilizes 5 second timeframe. It works but you can go crazy watching the market this close. I was wondering if someone could figure out a way to make an mt4 indicator for it. i think it would be pretty dificult but someone says that they already have done it but wont...
Hi, I am a newbie to MetaTrader. I simply checked out a few indicators for building an Expert Advisor in order to start my introduction to the MQL4 language. I found the juice indicator, which produces a grren/red histogram. You can find the indicator here: http://www.extrafast.onpw...
I'm calling this function from the EA's deInit, But none of the objects are deleted... Any idea why ? //---------------- DeleteInfoBackground -------------------------void DeleteInfoBackground() {//Objects created has names like: RecW11, RecW12, RecW13, etc..//But for some reason they won't be...
[Deleted]
I'd like a way to move a value into my variable called, "SAR_DIRECTION" so that when the dot is on top of the candle it will move in the value = "TOP" and when it's on the bottom of the candle stick it will move in the value = "BOTTOM". Is there a way to do this?
[Deleted]
start() is the basic function. For experts, it is called after the next tick has income. For custom indicators, it is called at recalculation after the indicator has been attached to the chart, at opening of the client terminal (if the indicator is attached to the chart), and after the next tick has...
[Deleted]
Can anyone help. I have 2 Stochastic bands on my chart with different LEVEL settings. I save the chart as a Template but when I re-open the MT program the settings have changed back to default? Does anyone know how to retain these settings
Hi Some one told me there is an EA that uses the Kolachi method written in MT4. I have searched this site but no luck. Does anybody know where I could find it? Otherwise I will have to write it myself. Thanks
Hi Everyone. I am a newbie to arrays. Is it possible to initialize an array with variables. When I go: int xxx[] = {1,2,3}; There is no problem, but if i go: int xxx[] = {A,B,C}; it says '}' -comma or semicolon expected. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello, I am having a problem with all my EAs (that I've tested) using iCustom in the code today. For some reason while backtesting, the indicators are loading and unloading the indicators today while they worked perfectly fine for months up to today. I am using them in various timeframes that differ...
[Deleted]
Why does MT4 build 224 Display an Alert in the Experts Log, but not display the Pop-Up???
i'm coding an ea that work by 2 time frame, H4 and H1.it read the trend from H4 and then look into the H1 trend, if they are the same the ea will place the trade in that direction. i tested it in the strategy tester by 1 hour period scince 2008. it placing trade ok but till 2009/02/10 it didnt place...
[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to have a popup alert when three moving averages crosses up or down so if you can program and want to help me with the task, please send me a pm and we will talk more :) Have a nice day, Rikard
[Deleted]
  Adding MA to CCI  (2)
Hi all, am trying to add MA to CCI so I have a moving average of the CCI indicator. Any ideas or point me in the right direction. Cheers, S
[Deleted]
Hi, I need your help. I have an EA which runs on several live and demo accounts (differents brokers) - The EA works smoothly except with the broker FXCM, no positions are opened and I don't have any error messages. I don't understand why - Did anybody have a similar problem once ? Is it possible...
While testiing on the Visual Tester I noticed that Bid returns the actual Bid from this past Friday instead of current Tester Bid. Not sure what the problem is here. Is it becuase the market is closed? MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_BID) doesn't help. This is pretty silly. Any workaround for this? PS....
[Deleted]
Is it possible for me to use, for example, the iRSI function below... RSI_1HR = iRSI(NULL,PERIOD_H1,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0) and compare it to: RSI_4HR = iRSI(NULL,PERIOD_H4,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0) even though I'm running this on a 1 HR chart? If I ran a "Comment("RSI_1HR, RSI_4HR) and had it run on my 1 hr...
[Deleted]
I would like to discuss a spectroanalysis technique for non-stationary time series. A few years ago in the magazine Currency Speculator there were articles by Kravchuk about the application of the method of maximum entropy to the analysis of quotes. From the point of view of mathematics any forex
Hi In the back tester there is the ability to set a maximum profit for optimisation but I don't understand how to use it. I always set it to 100000000 because I have found that if left at 10000 the runs that exceed that profit are not visible in the output data so what is the point in having the
[Deleted]
I tried to check if I can use dll import from MetaTrader4 code. but IsDllsAllowed function return false, I can change this feature? Or this feature is set by FX Vender and fixed value? I need such feature to use mysql database.
[Deleted]
I've designed this EA. It's a nice low draw down curve UNTIL near the end of 2006. Everything all goes to hell. I'm curious what psychological difference there is for these years. From 2000 to near the end of 2006, great curve, great ROI. From the end of 2006 to present, the system crashes....
[Deleted]
Hello all: Long time trader, new to programming, have a quick question, I would really appreciate anyone that could help me out! In programming the Williams %R to buy/sell when it crosses the trigger line, I am having a problem with the fact that on a H1 chart, The Williams % R value may dip down...
Decided to do a bit of statistical work. I bought a book and built a multiplicative model :) using Excel. I have built regression, defined seasonal component (1 season - 24 hours, one hour archive of quotes was used) and built prediction function. Regression equation has the following form
[Deleted]
  EA Developer  (2)
Im looking for EA developer I have the indicators already built Please contact me if interested. This EA can produce 20-30 pips / pair with spread under 5 Thanks Harry Singh http://grabpips.blogspot.com harry@zero2vm.com 8017358977 MST UT
I have an ea theat works fine for the euro and cad when I try it with the usdgbp I get error 130 Invalid stops. Here is the code: Print(" Entry = ", Entry,"  Stop = ",Stop,"  Takeprofit = ",Takep);               Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,Lots,Entry,3,Stop,Takep,"NIBGBP1M_S",21,0,Red);...
[Deleted]
Im back testing an indicator in strategy tester. Im just wondering if objectcreate( ) works in strategy tester cause i can't get it draw anything on the chart. Heres the code im using ObjectCreate("Point1", OBJ_TEXT, 0, P1time, P1HIGH); ObjectSetText("Point1", "P1", 12, "Times New Roman", Red);
[Deleted]
how do i add a trailing stop to the following order placement script? int start() { OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-15*Point,0,"JMBUYER",0,0,CLR_NONE); }
[Deleted]
Volumes indicator from MT4. I would like to understand whatdoes green and red bar mean . Please Coders how I should interpret redbar or green bar, can you help me please. I can not find anywereexplanation of this indi. I would be gratefull for help. Here is the code....
I'm writing first to say hello ;) it's my first post on this forum I've been following this forum for quite a while searching for topics that would help me with my EA's. As an IT professional who deals with "automation", "scheduling", "data processing" and "optimization" on a daily basis discovery