MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1239

I would like to know where I am doing a mistake in this formula, I couldn't find it. It is only showing the first buffer - Impulse[]. .Thanks. Rodrigosm #property copyright "Copyright © 2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"#property...
hi, I programmed some custom indcators. Since my indicator lines are partially covered by the information in the upper row of the cust.ind.window, I'm wondering how to hide the custom indicator name, the values etc. which are displayed, so that there is a window with the cust. indicator line and...
Hi, I'm trying to call an external function and I need to know about the current directory. The directory from MetaTrader installation. Is there a function to get it? Thanks.
I have been curious about this subject, and I'm interested in hearing some educated opinions on the matter: Curve fitting is the major pitfall of optimization - anyone who has tried to move on to forward-testing knows this. The way I try to avoid curve fitting is by optimizing on one length of time
Hello, I'm a novice with MT4 and have a question. Last night i installed an EA (100pips). This EA started very enthousiastic and opened about 160!! trades which were closed during the night. It resulted in a los of about 40 pips. Overnight it opened about 140 trades. Current loss is - 100 pips (not...
Hi all!!! I wonder can i make back test of different custom indicators and can somebody explain how to do that?
I'm using an InterBank FX demo account and I can't execute an ordersend command when setting the stop and limit. I have verified that the stop and limit values were correct. Also, I have to confirm the ordermodify command. Am I doing something wrong? I want to automate my trading strategy. Thanks in...
[Deleted]
  MQL get web page  (1)
I want to send some data to a web page from a custom indicator. I don't need a post request, a get will be enough, so I would just need to get a web page. Is it possible? I searched through the docs, and I only found something about ftp, and in the forum I found something about a http post request...
[Deleted]
Sorry for the vague title, this is more about tools than a specific question Previously, I imported stats into an Oracle DB, and could do what I wanted by querying the database and etc. Now, I want to do the same modeling in mql, but I am running into a conceptual problem It seems that everything is...
[Deleted]
  error ordersend  (3)
hi i miss one future order where the error is 0 no error s1ticket is not executed ! why ? void StartOrders() { if ( DayOfWeek() == day_ && Hour()== hour_ && Minute() == minute_ ) { Ask_price_zero = Ask; Bid_price_zero = Bid; double Ask_Norm=NormalizeDouble(Ask...
Is the market closed today
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm using the LiborderReliable routines on the advice of (I think it was) forum member "7Bit"... so far it's been a godsend, it's really helped clean up some nagging little problems with my EA. In doing some further testing today, I had this scenario... which may be normal but I'd just like...
  hello all  (117   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
I need an indicator to display the results in the upper left corner of the chart linked to Awesome Oscilator indicator i.e. when this indicator closed the previous bar in green, it showed an up arrow in the left corner, when it closed in red, it showed a down arrow ************ I have a similar one
[Deleted]
I have this warning pop up when I try to get quotes: You are going to download data from the "MetaQuotes Software Corp." history center,but your account is opened on the "Interbank FX, LLC" trade server. I don't know if that matters, but I do have beginning of the week data discrepancies. This is a...
[Deleted]
hello i want to open buy and sells only when i get the signal in chart,,,,,,,,,,,here is the code : the problem is that the order is created on the next candle, not on the signal candle, anyone could help me please? thanks you so much
  moving high and low  (13   1 2)
hi everybody : please i want a help in writing certain code i want to write a code that get me the highest price and the lowest price of a certain determined number of candles to complete my strategy note :iam on my very beginning steps in mql4 programing thanks a lot
Hello everyone, am a newbie, on this respected forum, need to transfer an indicator from VT Trader platform to Meta4 platform, the indicator name is Trailing Stoploss Levels (Volatility-Based) and it's code is: {Volatility Stop (Long)} PrelimStopLong:= HHV(H,Pds1) - ATR(Pds1)*Mult; ActualStopLong:=...
A custom indicator I'm writing is giving me some problems. I've chopped it down to the attached code, and it still turns the entire chart (and only chart BTW) into a blue rectangle. e.g. EURUSD H1, max zoom in (1 bar per gridline), black-on-white, bars. I've un-installed MT4 & reinstalled it - just...
To the outside Windows environment. Can this be done ??
Hello, I`m just writing my little turtle trading EA here, the entries and exits are pretty straightforwards. I guess the main thing in the Turtle trading is choose your lotsize carefuly . The Turdle trading docs, says : N is simply the 20-day exponential moving average of the True Range, which is...
I am interested in developing an EA that would receive buy/sell/close/tp/sl signals from a remote server and execute them locally. I can probably program this myself with some effort, but I thought I'd ask if such a thing was already available. If anyone knows some code fragments which might speed...
[Deleted]
I am brand new to mql, but have been programming for 20+ years. I have a simple question (I hope). I need to create a program that once a day does some algorithm, and generates recommendations. I guess it is like an expert, except it doesn't continue. Ideally this would generate and place orders,...
Hi, I am trying to ""mate" WindowScreenShot function. Below is very simple expert. However it does not save picture to file. What is the reason ? Thanks in advance for help, Edas...
I've heard many times about thick tails of distribution, but I still do not understand what the point is, I made an indicator which outputs bar size distribution (based on Close[i]-Close[i+1] difference) into separates, can someone explain why distribution of bars is narrower than normal? The
Does anyone know of a more efficient way to grab 1M currency data via an EA script? This is what I am currently doing, but I was looking for something more clever... int outputCurrencyData(int handle1, string currencyPair, int days=1) {        if(handle1 < 0) return (-1);        datetime...
[Deleted]
I'm writing a code for Moving average crossover. The most basic concept. FastMA>SlowMA==BUY SlowMA>FastMA==SELL. But i'm having trouble in it. It's been few days since i'm having this trouble. It misses opportunities to buy and sell, even though the loop for that trade is executed. Please guide me...
[Deleted]
I'm coding an EA (my first real one) and I'm stumped... Alpari (US) is showing 5-digit pricing (fractional pip pricing), but all of my calculations and return values are only 4-digits. This has a negative impact when "rounding" EMA values; for instance the EMA value of the previous bar could be
[Deleted]
I want to write a EA, I hope it can buy or sell every 100 point, and takeProfit every 100 point, will you please give me a ideal how to write it? another question, if I buy 0.01 lot every 50 point, if market no retune, lose 10000 point means how much I will loss? if I can afford it, I think i find a...
[Deleted]
  "Microwave Oven" Indicator  (11   1 2)
I had an indicator I'm thinking of coding, but I want to know your thoughts on it first. The idea is to use a 3EMA and 4EMA (or similar) and count the number of times they cross each other for a given timeframe. This should tell if the market is Ranging or not, because if they keep intertwining...
I am new to this platform and I am trying to find where my account information would be on the platform showing how much money I have in my account that can be used for trades. Also would like to know if there is a window that shows my positions and P & L in each trade. Thanks to anybody that can...