MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1234

[Deleted]
Hi all, I think I may have found a wee bug with OrderSendReliable2Step. I'm hoping the author reads this forum and sees this post. It would appear that I'm using v3.1 (I have no idea if this is the latest or not). What happened was: my EA issued a sell stop order on AUDJPY to sell 0.23 lots at 81...
[Deleted]
i tried using SetIndexBuffer so as to use the pivot level but my EA cant find it using the iCustom, cant sombody please help me out?
Hi Guys, Does anybody know if it is possible to display EA variables in the Data Window in MT4? This would be unbelievably useful but looking through through the documentation it looks like only MT4 coded tools (indicators etc;) can only be displayed! thanks
[Deleted]
  modify script  (3)
I have this code: /*----------------------------------------------------------------| // Indicator Export Expert v1, by juanchoc & neo | //----------------------------------------------------------------| // | //...
[Deleted]
any reason why the following code would print out the same value for iBullsPower and iBearsPower in the following code? - bool newBar = false;int start()  {    newBar();   if (newBar == false) return;     double bullsPwr = iBullsPower(Symbol(), PERIOD_M15, 13, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);   double bearsPwr =...
[Deleted]
I have an EA and i want to test it with the optimization, is the optimization any good?
[Deleted]
  Who will write me a councillor?  (102   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Who could write an EA ? I am trading on cent account Trading by hand is not good enough. I have too much time to do it (or rather I need to watch the market all the time) and I don't know MQL so I am asking for your help. I think the EA will not be difficult to write
[Deleted]
I must be having a brain cramp because I cannot figure out what I've done incorrectly... EA named MSZ...first 4 lines below: #property copyright "Kris" #property link "" #include <stdlib.mqh> #include <MSZ_Variable.mqh> In the MSZ_Variable file, I have declared external and global variables. I...
[Deleted]
  Guidance needed  (12   1 2)
I'm writing an EA based on MACD. Though it is based on MA, MACD is quite different, as you people. I've put following conditions... extern int FastEMA=12;extern int SlowEMA=26;extern int SignalSMA=9;bool buycond=true;bool sellcond=true;extern double takeprofit = 150;extern double...
[Deleted]
Hi, i have my EA working well, but i just need a little help, i am not coder but i understand a bit. I just need to add code line to my ea that would double the lot size every time when it loses, and go back to default when it wins, something like hedging...I think the line should be easy, or even...
[Deleted]
  day two on the demo account  (62   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hello everyone! A day and a half to be exact. Here's a detailed report. http://aspect-group. su/files/publish/DetailedStatement.htm Interested in the opinions of the gurus. Is there a future for me or should I quit and forget about it? I am studying the Internet on the subject of "Forex is evil" and
Hi Sometimes when opening positions with OrderSend function, it accepts the position and returns true, but it may take some times for the position to be opened and listed in open trades list, could someone please tell me how we can know that there are some positions that are accepted but still...
New article Technical Analysis: How Do We Analyze? is published at mql5.com: This article briefly describes the author's opinion on redrawing indicators, multi-timeframe indicators and displaying of quotes with Japanese candlesticks. The article contain no programming specifics and is of a general...
hi I have a indicator, it' separate chart window. This indicator show signal by strings " BUY" or "SELL" ....I want to get this "signal" by get string "BUY" or "SELL" when its output. But I'm not find any function can search string in this indicator. I was try functions : WindowFind(), ObjectFind()...
New article The Use of the MQL5 Standard Trade Class libraries in writing an Expert Advisor is published at mql5.com: This article explains how to use the major functionalities of the MQL5 Standard Library Trade Classes in writing Expert Advisors which implements position closing and modifying,...
Can anyone tell me how to bind Meta4 to specific IP addresses?
hi, I tried to use this Indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/code in live trading but it doesn't changed with new bars, someone know how to make it work. thank you,
Hello I am trying to write a script/indicator which obtains the values of bbands that is placed in a separate indicator window. I keep getting the value of the bbands from the main window. Can you help please? B
I was trying to figure out why this take profit is not working. The take profit is based on event which plot only "-1", "0" and "1". The buy side will get out when iCustom plot 1 and stay waiting for a signal if it's remain 0. The same logic for sell side take profit (-1,0). My logic is: when...
[Deleted]
  HIGH CPU USAGE  (7)
Since the new versiom of MT4 has been installed the Terminal.exe runs almost at 80% and I have removed all indicators, can some body help please
I am a robot tech. I work on robots all day where I work. They paint cars better than humans. But I have played with at least 80 EA's over the last month and have yet to find on that even remotely makes a profit. AB
[Deleted]
  change tp  (4)
hi i want to change my orders tp when i want but i can't what is my problem these my codes void change_tp() { int total=OrdersTotal(); if(total>0) { for(int pos=0;pos<total;pos++) { //if(OrderSelect(pos,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false)...
No matter what I do I can't get this dialog box to go away. I've unchecked 'confirm DLL function calls. Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
  INTRA-LIGHT ANALYSIS  (65   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
HAS ANYONE TRIED TO IMPLEMENT COMMON INDICES ON TICKS INSTEAD OF BARS
[Deleted]
hi i've put comments all over the ea just for easier and quicker understanding. so the problem is that the "control opened positions" part is not working at all. i don't get an error message or anything, thats why i'm posting to this forum. as you can see there is only a buy function in this ea as...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am a beginner with MT4 and i would like to do a simple thing but i am not sure i do it right because the result are a bit strange in backtest. I would like to compute the HIGH or LOW of a serie over long period of time (3 or 6 month) using 1 minute data. I try to do it using the function...
hi everyone. is it possible for me to test my code on a given set of bars that i can define? like a certain portion of the graph that i want to test my data on while testing it off line. if so how can it be done. Thanks
[Deleted]
  life of a trader  (1)
Ok guys, straight up when it comes to trading. It's difficult. Who ever says otherwise is already a millionaire or just trying to lure you into some "follow me and I'll make you rich" scheme. The only truth that I can tell you from my own experience is that if you want to become successful then...
  Multiple logins  (1)
If I leave my computer logged in and have an EA running, can I check my account from MT4 mobile? Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am trying to develop an EA that is supposed to open trades when the 2 lines of StepMA Stoch indicator are crossovering each other. More particularly, I am setting: double diCustom0=iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_Stoch_NK", 10, 1, 0, 0, 0); double diCustom1=iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_Stoch_NK", 10,...