General - page 1782

What would cause an EA not to trade when attached to a chart eventhough if I run it through the strategy tester with exact same settings it shows trades. I have checked "allow live trading" and the chart has a smiley face. I would greatly appreciate an answer because it is driving me nuts. Thanks....
Hi, I have been trying to write a script which automatically puts in trades but I am only able to get trades where I first have to confirm them. I have searched the rest of the forum to try and find the right information btu at no success, if this topic exists then my apologies for this post...
Has anyone created a EA or chart indicator that allows you to see the overlay of any two currency pairs on the same chart overlaid on top of each other? E.g. - EUR/USD over GBP/USD. I require specifically those two but if the indicator allowed the imput of 'check box' any currency pair overlay...
Anyone interested in a chart transposing indicator for correlation/ hedge trading can find it here on tsd: http://www.forex-tsd.com/indicators-metatrader-4/5977-chart-transposition-indicator.html#post86777
Hi, I am trying program an EA which can detect a 15 pip price trend but which is independent of time and also ignores noise in the trend. Any ideas that could point me in the right direction? Cheers, Gee
Hi! Just for the sake of having some fun, i made this little ea. Note: DONT TRADE THIS EA, AS IT'S BASED ON RANDOMNESS. Take a look at some funny results at http://www.juanchoc.com.ar/randomstrategy.htm Cya.
Hello. I am French and the text which I write will be translated by google. I seek a EA which spends every year without aucuns concern (July 99 with today) and with the maximum of profitability. What have to propose?
I have an EA that backtests very well in MT3. I haven't worked very much with MT3 in the past, so I'm just curious as to how accurate the backtester is? This particular EA trades on the daily charts, and it uses stops and t/p's for exits. Does MT3 look inside the bar?
  Multi pair chart indicator  (16   1 2)
Anybody can post Multi pair chart indicator, mq4, that allows several currency pairs displayed on one main chart? see attachment european
I think most of us who trade need to lighten up every now and then, I like Rob Bookers sense of humor so I thought I would post one of his websites. Go to harrybanes.com and click on "Max's Chart Patterns" and enjoy a laugh or two to lighten up your trading day. cheers
Hi. Am I right in thinking that it is not possible to include an attachment with a personal mail to someone?
I need a script programmed. Interested programmers please pm me for details. Thank you
Hi, Since a couple of months I'm extensively using all_minutes charts ("MQL4: "Free-of-Holes" Charts") now all of a suddenI get errors like this: 2007.02.13 01:18:38 HistoryBase: 906 errors in 'ALLGBPUSD240' 2007.02.13 01:18:38 HistoryBase: 846 errors in 'ALLUSDCAD240' All this started since...
Hi Slawa, I have a chart with an EA that is sending tick events to an offline chart with a non-standard symbol. The offline chart is executing code with every tick -- so this is working. But, on the offline chart I have an indicator that is writing data to a non-standard history file. The...
Why close(i) is different of open(i+1) ? Let's A a bar in the 5 minutes EURUSD chart (or any other UT and symbol chart). Lest' B the next bar. Let's tA the time for Close(A) ? Let's tB the time for Open(B) ? Is tA=tB ? If tA=tB, so Close(A) must be equal to Open(B) ? If tA <> tB, what append...
Dear All, I find some systems yield very good result when tested at control points but suffer badly when test at every ticket. Is there any way to write the mt4 so that the EA only trade at control points? Thanks!
forextrend: Has anyone got an indicator that will let you know on the chart when important news is about to be released?Will you post it. Look at this public thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175881 Besides there is some EA in elite section from Igorad which can do this job (news placing...
Hi Slawa or anybody else from MetaQuotes technical support. In the attached image you can see a snapshot of USD/CHF chart. In the market watch window, bid price for this pair is 1.2440 and at the same time, on the chart, the bid price is 1.2441. I have one conclusion from this (if it is not a...
Has anyone got an indicator that will let you know on the chart when important news is about to be released? Will you post it
  Urgent !!!  (10)
how do i get an ea to alert the current ask price everytime it changes. suggest routine
Hi, This might be a very simple (or very tough?) question for the experts in this board. Here is the code from a indicator: ObjectCreate("pr"+sName,22,0,Time[p],fx[p]); ObjectSet("pr"+sName,14,159); ObjectSet("pr"+sName,OBJPROP_TIME1,Time[p]); ObjectSet("pr"+sName,OBJPROP_PRICE1,fx[p]); Question is:...
Hello, I am just learning MetaQuotes so it is slow going. I have started writing an EA that can enter a trade when I want. I enter the trade with a stop loss of 50 and a take profit of 15. I tested the EA on the Neuimex platform for the dates 12/1/06 thru 2/5/07 with a profit of 562 pips. I will...
i need someone to hel me code this stepMA stoch indicator so it'll give me a sound alert when it crosses down and up... coz the current version of stepma stoch with alert that i have now is totally not working... it just gave the alert only when we refresh the chart... here's the files for u to code...
i need someone to code this stepMA stoch indicator so it'll give a sound alert when both line crosses each other... i tried the previous stepMA stoch with alert but it seems that it wont work... it'll just paint the arrow only when we refresh the chart and its already too late by that time... so...
  Stochastic ea  (6)
I picked this indicator up in another forum and I am trying to make work. Everytime I put on chart it "says not expert indicator and gets removed ". can anyone help with this? I am a novice with automated trading. Apparently, this thing makes a good quantity of pips. It had a 5 star rating
Hello I know it uses 2 coordinates but it is not giving me a cycle and the object will create something like a line but not exactlly, can just someone giva an example for that? Thanks.
I am sure there is an EA out there that does what I want, just can't find it, I hope someone help help me on this one. I need an EA that will put in a simultaneous buy/sell order between a specific time range. The EA should allow the following to be inputted: start time end time buy stop price...
I want to add a stoploss and money management aspect to the MACD Sample EA that comes with the metatrader platform. I have tried but come up with several errors I cannot seem to fix. I believe I can make this a very profitable EA with these additions. Thanks in advance. Kevin
I see that in 202 when a detailed report is produced there no longer is a red line showing the equity on the chart. Is this intended? Personally, I think that is rather important . thanks Mark
Hello Slawa, Is this possible: -Drop EA on Chart. -EA forces chart to attach to certain offline history file instead of its current symbol/period Even if this would have to be done with Windows API calls, that is OK, I just need to know if it can be done. Why? I'm generating a .hst file with...