General - page 1778

Now, you can display image attachments inside the content of any post (without creating thumbnails).
Currently, I have an Custom Indicator that compares prices of 3 (or more) pairs at specific time, ie: compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD at Feb 20, 10:00AM, compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD at Feb 20, 10:05AM, compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD at Feb 20, 10:10AM, compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and...
I'm on eastern time (USA). My Oanda account chart starts on Sunday in the afternoon. When does MetaTrader start the chart activity and where is the primary source of the data feed? How do I set my beginning day to match the data feed? Thanks for the help. MCR
Hello, Is there a way to return all active symbols in MQL code? Thanks, Matt
Hello. Here is an index indicator. Can anybody make that: I can write into this 2 currency index. for example: EUR and GBP ( x, y) The formula: (1/GBP)*EUR (1/x)*y Sorry about my bad english. Pls someone make this indicator, it will be good for analyse divergencia. Thx Zoli mindex.mq4
I'm new to the FX. I am looking for a way to get rich slowly. I have been searching and searching and reading 1000s of posts. I really like this forum. I want to hear from people who know - the old school traders who have been around since I was born, or the FX people who are making a living...
Hi there, I would like to know how to get some indicator in MT4 such as bollinger band width, directional movement index and detrend price oscillator. Thanks
Hello, i kind like want to do back testing my manual strategy. The question is, can metatrader 'replay' past data bar per bar... as i seen in eSignal... maybe with Prev and Next button. because right know i use mouse to scroll past data.. i hope there function for process like 'go to date' thx
My apologies for this simple question from someone new to this piece of SW. I have excellent internet connections and no problems with them. But, the MetaTrader tool, after a while, just stops updating the charts. Nothing I can do seems to bring it alive again. When I refresh a chart the log says...
Hi, In spite of my research, I did not find a detector of triangle for MT4. So I try to code this... But I've a problem, I use ZigZag indicator to detect last peak or trough but I do not know how to use it. It is very easy to know the value (ZigZag) of the last bar (with iCustom) but I want the last
  Multi pairs  (16   1 2)
Hi I am making an EA based on more than one currency pair. But I can't get it to work. I want to read ex. MA from EURUSD and trade on GBPUSD. double dSMA=iMA("EURUSD",30,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); double dSMA=iMA("GBPUSD",30,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); Is this correct? Is it possible? I can't...
Hello, Like everyone else, I started trading with the prospects of a lucrative income. After spending most of the last year on various forums, trying EA's on demo accounts, and finally opening a live account -- I've come to the conclusion that I will simply be throwing money away if I don't humble...
  Solo! and insisting to be that way...  (69   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
This EA forced me to call it Solo because, for some reason, it just refuses to trade if there are any open trades in the terminal... e.g. manual trades and/or trades executed by other EAs - even if they are in other currencies. If there are no trades and the conditions are right Solo makes its move
Hi, I am trying to get a hold of a full 4h AUDJPY history file for 2006-2007. I have tried downloading the full thing from meta but I get a gap for October and November. I know this is an issue and so I went online trying to find it elsewhere. I have found that Alpari's databank used to contain an
As you all know the MT4 comes with an inbuilt EA named moving average. I knew this is no good otherwise people would not have been here in TSD. I backtested this EA for 2006-07 with 90% modelling quality and it gave it 2179 pips LOSS. Only change I made was setting Max Risk at 0.05 instead of 0.01....
Insert at the beginning of the file: C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\config\metaeditor.ini following lines: Color0=0 Color1=16777215 Color2=-16777216 Color3=-16777216 Color4=-16777216 Color5=16776960 Color6=3329434 Color7=16711935 Color8=5275647 Color9=65535 Color10=11788021 Color11=14524637...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing an issue while calling the indicator StepMA_v7.1 (written by Igorad) from an EA. I don't get the same results as the ones I see on the chart. For instance, when the trend is clearly red (all drawn in red), I get many up trend signals. Here is the code of my "EA" : int...
Hi everybody... This is just an Idea it's based on theory of probability.... what I thougt is to implement that theory to be an indicator or indicators that predict probability of price movement or something better according to that theory so if you can build this indicator, I think it will be very...
I was wondering if anyone knows, whether its possible, to write a script/EA that will count the number of buy & sell ticks coming into the MT4 platform, and show the results in numbers, or a percentage. I think this would be a very valuable tool, for establishing when to get in & out of a trade....
Hello, got this EA off another site but what the problem is that it won't open another trade when there is already an open trade. Weird. When the previous trade closes then it will start another. Doesn't matter if it's another currency or not. Hence the name Solo How can I fix this? Thanks
Hi, Can anyone let me know the code to make an EA place only one trade a day. If it has opened a trade then irrespective whether it wins or loses that trade it must not open another trade. Many thanks
  WHERE EMINI RUSSEL mt4  (13   1 2)
is there emini russel on mt4? thx
no comment!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi to all forum members Can someone point me to were I can get history files for gold and silver (1m for meta 4 format will be sufficient) for the 1-2 years. I would be extremely gratefull. Even if they cost a modest price - it is ok Thanks in advance Arie
Yes, i am listening to all
Guys - about an hour ago 8pm EST data from Interbank FX servers lost the past two days of data - it jumps from Feb 20 22:00 GMT to Feb22 23:00. I called Interbank and the rep said that the tech guys are trying to fix the problem now. Apparently the market watch and current prices are correct but if
See the difference in the charts: one is IBFX demo and the other is IBFX live mini account. as you can see a whole part of the chart is moved by 10 pips!!
  Best Indicators  (26   1 2 3)
Hi I'm a very new trader trying to make some $$ in the forex markets. I see that there are many indicator to choose from, can anyone please tell the best indicator to use and how or when to use it. I'm only looking on getting about 10-50 pips per day, I don't really want to do any news trades....