General - page 1705

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Statistical Report #2 has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/295/). We go on collecting and analyzing statistical data obtained in the course of the Automated Trading Championship 2007. The results of the...
I do not know anything about coding and was hoping someone could help me with a simple system I am testing. If there is an EA already doing this it would be great if you could let me know. I need an expert that can reverse an open position when a trailing S/L is hit. let me include an example....
Can anyone code this scalping EA when price starts walking the Bollinger Bands, which normally very large move, as opposed to when it moves back into bands, which normally is very short (pips) move. The above will happen when both ADX and DI- or DI+ are rising. I have traded successfully under those...
  Sharing in Forex  (8)
Hi, Let's share our expience in Forex.... email: keenprofx@yahoo.com
...I want to create a comment only "expert" to display on my charts when I manually trade, just to remind me to "not over trade". Can I just set up a string, then define it, or what is the normal parameters to use? + =
[Deleted]
Well I know all of you are sad...Let's bow are heads while playing the song... "anutha one bites the dust...and anutha one.... http://www.greatforexsignal.com/Default.aspx
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Jury Session Record of the 12th of November 2007 has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/291/). At the session, the Jury discussed disqualification of several Participants. Eight more Participants dropped out...
Hi Rosh, Thank you for your answer, but it was spot Forex I was trading, not CFD's. I was trying to close my position in GBP/JPY. Any ideas please? sparoweagle5
Hi, Could anyone kindly help me to translate the following programs into English? 1. Link: Automated Choice of Brokerage Company for an Efficient Operation of Expert Advisors - MQL4 Articles 2. Link: MT4TerminalSync - System for the Synchronization of MetaTrader 4 Terminals - MQL4 Articles The...
  EA Request  (4)
Hi.. Can any body help me with the following idea as an EA? I guess it is basic and it is based on moving average crosses with some money management tricks. The specification are: Open a trade with a cross and exit it with cross in the opposite direction. 1. If your first trade is in profit, then
On the 'Order' page, 'Instant Execution', the yellow bar is blank (no wording). How do I close my position, please? sparoweagle5
Hi. Can anyone tell me why the below code does not place trade arrows correctly. The 'price' placement is fine, but it fails to always place it at the right bar, often placing arrows many bars in the past, not Bar 0, the current bar. btw ArrowNum is of Global Integer type. ArrowNum++;...
Backtesting an EA on historical data produces inconsistent behaviour. For example, EA calls for exit from trade on 15-minute bar when a 2 period moving average changes direction, and is confirmed visually on chart. However, in backtester, exit is produced many bars before EA changes direction,...
when I place the attached 'MTF_AbsoluteStrength' indicator on a chart all that appears is a red horizontal line can you explain what I need to do to get it working and in general, if an indicator doesn't display, is there anything I can check or do to try and get it to display
[Deleted]
hi there i need for an indicator for saving the CSV Files on metatrader4 instead of using"ctrl+s" thanks for your help arash
The development of the SmartFX Auto-trading System (SAS) is initiated at Nov. 11, 2007. The performance of SAS will be compared with that of other forex trading systems such as Phoenix (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems). When promising result is carried out, SAS will be released to...
this is from a book called evidence based technical analysis... is it really true that statistical models applied to financial market is far more accurate than charting ?
  Break Even EA  (8)
Hello, just wondering if there was a simple Breakeven EA that will monitor my trades and detect if my TP isn't hit and price goes back against me then to just close the trade if price gets back to my open price. So at least if my TP doesnt' get hit then I still wont loose anything. Thanks
Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to add nested menus for my indicators. As I write stuff, the INSERT::INDICATORS::CUSTOM submenu gets really crowded. I know it's easy to move files around that you aren't using, but a better solution would be nested folders so you could keep different projects in...
  Can anyone code this simple EA?  (57   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hello All Traders and MQL coders, I have no knowledge of MQL programming, so if anyone can code this simple EA then I will be really very very thankful to him and this will be counted as very kind Help! What I actually need is: 1) Note the price of GBP/USD at 7am (GMT 0) 2) And put two orders at the...
Difference Between Price AND MOVING AVERAGE
hai guys, Im a going to be a fulltime forex trader. right now am collecting around around300-400 pips weekly. i would like to be a recognized forex trader by any recognized body so i can build up my image in the eyes of the world. prefrerabably online basis. anybody know how and who i should contact...
  sos
hi technos, am new to 4x and sochastics, can sum1 help?
Hi. This has me completely baffled. The code below simply closes a basket of currency pairs that have the same magic number. The OrdersTotal() function reports the correct number of open orders, whose value is used in the 'FOR' loop. However, this loop is often exited prematurely, especially if...
To use an EA on MT4 you need to keep your PC turn on .... Is there any way to use an EA during 24h without direct use of PC ?
Hi, I've looked forever but can't find a script to place 2 pending orders at my prices, a pending buy stop at one price and a pending sell stop at another. Does such a script exist, most straddles work on "x pips away from the current price" but this is not the same as setting my own price with...
[Deleted]
I want learn how to make my own strategy tester for mq4. Is there instructions that are easy to learn to figure all this out. Or is there all ready a bunch of strategy done that you can modify to your own taste. thankyou kauaibobby
I recently had someone from these forums send me a private message offering me pay if I wrote him a program. Then after I wrote him the program, he said $150 was way too much, and that he thought $30 was more than enough. Honestly, I felt insulted! I'd more likely program for free than for such...
What is the preferred method of referring to a close at time t? I tried using iClose , and using a shift value determind by (Time[0] - Time[target])/(60*period()), however, this generated *very strange* results in my indicator. After mucking about for quite some time, I discovered that the cause of