Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 319

Iam trying to test an EA using the strategy tester but it gives positive results(as i programmed it) for the first few ticks and then stops following the programmed instructions, Apart from the sleep() function ,what other disadvantages can one face while using the strategy tester??
any one who is good in coding eas .i have an EA but im struggling to code it to work under a certain account. like lets say im giving it to my client i want it to work only on their acc . if the acc is 24689 then it should work only on that. anyone that can help me im gonna share the EA with because...
Hello! I am a complete newbie to EA programming and managed to get an EA together through the free EA generators. The EA works just fine, but when the signal gets triggered, the EA keeps opening trades until it runs out of margin. Please, could somebody help me with limiting the EA to only one trade...
[Deleted]
I have two EA that file open very frequently. The 2 EAs are bonded with same files. The EA reads a file per every 100 ms. and all opened handle has file close function, and error exceptions. But severals hours from first start, the eas stops and cannot access files. I want to know there is any...
I would like to ask how do you write an EA that execute market order regardless of the price with SL and TP at specific time everyday? Eg, execute market order with fixed TP and SL for USD/JPY and time 8pm everyday. 
  Damned Martin  (362   1 2 3 4 5 ... 36 37)
Nowhere can I find the kind of owl I had in mind myself. Nah, well, someone obviously wrote it!? The Ilan-like obscurantism is worn to a crisp. Anyway, once I saw El Diablo advisor on one website. Nothing special! And it cost $200! Then I read about it and it turns out that it closes losing series
Looking for a walk forward optimization tool for MT5. Thank you
Hello all gurus. I have zero knowledge in programming. So I may sound a little silly with my question. I would like to use ILAN MA, but to add in the following features :- 1. To have user able to specify a number, e.g "5" that would delay by 5 positions from the trigger signal. For example, signal
hi, can someone add sound alert in indicator, which creates sound alert and email alert when dot change color and signal line cross envelope. thanks in advance
  How I set my EA  (3)
How I set the mode of my EA calculate margin? What´s the code and where I put it (OnTick, OnInit...)? I need to configure my EA in SYMBOL_CALC_MODE_EXCH_STOCKS (SYMBOL_CALC_MODE), but I can´t program this...  Someone can help me?
Hi  I need help in creating custom indicators or scripts to assist my manual trading. Design custom alert programs based on standard custom indicators. entries based on price action and 2 indicators (rsi and the 60, 21 and 8 ema;,...system must be entirely semi auto i.e custom indicators and scripts...
hi  any one know where i can found the how to make compliance the product for the market. i mean if i post the product for mt4 . the moderator said 130 error. so i want to know is there any link for comliance or guide for post a product on mql5 market. i searched but did not found any thing .
  merge several eas into one  (12   1 2)
Hello! I have several forex robots with the source code, and I would like to merge them into one EA.  Is there an easy way to do that? thanks!
Hi,    Is there an EA which closes manually traded open positions when a 1hr  or 4 hr candle closes above or below a specific mentioned price Example : I have a buy in euro @ 1.18922, and i want this order to close when the 1Hr candle closes below 1.1860  Can anyone help me 
Hi Traders & Coders, I am wondering how can i Combine an Indicator with Expert advisor? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi all, I had a Breakout idea, I create an EA using a 3d Party Software because I don't know anything about coding, the EA working good without any error, back testing on MT5 was great, I did also a MT4 EA and I bought a Tick data software and I tested the EA on MT4 but the result was very very very...
i have oscillator i want to convert it into EA buy at second candle when yellow cross red line and vice versa
How can I get History Profit in MQL5 ? This is  MT4 code... Have any example ? Thank you. double Profit()  {   double pp;   for(int i=OrdersHistoryTotal()-1; i>=0; i--)     {      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY)==true )        {         if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() &&...
  mql errors  (1)
help me about what these errors mean 1. error 3 (invalid trade parameters) 2.error 138 (requote) 3.error 4108 (invalid ticket)
[Deleted]
Hello, i have code a EA for MT5 which show me good backtests and i dont know if such EAs only can work in backtest or also in live market. I always hear and read from other people that they say scalping EAs just work in backtest and thats why i dont know if it brings somethink to continue testing...
For MT5, if possible, send me, please. Thanks.
 How many OnTick() call after 1 minute ? 1 Min .eq. ? Tick? [Average]
[Deleted]
Hello, How could I return the average value of x periods from volume indicator ? I tried to use the code below, but it is not working properly also. input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES VOL_TF= PERIOD_M30 ; input ENUM_APPLIED_VOLUME VOL_TYPE= VOLUME_REAL ; double vol_filter() { double volumes = iVolumes (
  Indicator  (3)
I'm returning INIT_FAILED in a indicator OnInit function, but it's created anyway. If a EA tries to load it it get a valid handle and can't identify that's not working properly. I also tried to force an error, but it get loaded anyway. // Option 1int OnInit()  {    return INIT_FAILED;  }// Option...
[Deleted]
Hi all, before, I had a MT4 ea and a friend gave me this easy code if(AccountNumber()!=123456){return(0);} to lock the ea to my account, but now I have a MT5 ea, I tried the code but didn't work, I found this https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/359 but also didn't work. I hope if someone has an easy...
Hello Folks, I would like to ask you some tips for a MQL5 variable (for EA), which must return the amount of seconds elapsed from the beginning of the minute of the specified time. It is essentially what TimeSeconds() is in mql4... could you please help me to define somethign equivalent in MQL5?...
Hello, is there a possibility to scale a chart programmatically? Often the values of my indicator are outside of the visible area of the chart (above or below). It would help a lot if i could set the upper/lower price of the chart area. Thank you in advance.
What is the option for optimized compile in mq4? for example -O2  what is the best way to fast run expert?
How to access account number and broker server address in EA? for example : account number : 15632547 broker address  FXCM-ECN1