Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 161

Hi, anyone an Idea? There is no additional information from MT5 and the project compiles without any errors or warnings in strict-mode. This buggy platform is really starting to annoy me, every day I find something new.  Another one is: "Pure virtual function call", this I get in the MT4 version...
A simple math functionlike this brings a totally wrong result, and this served me a bug in an EA which I was searching for months!!! MT5 Build 2085, but I am very sure this is the same in earlier versions, cause this is also the same with C# ... unbelievable but true.  void SimpleMath() {...
Dear readers. I hope I can write it down so you guys can understand. My question is next. I bought a EA with 5 activations. I watch the: So, if I use this one, I will pay for VPS and lose 1 activation. But, I plan to use the same EA at other account from my existing broker (like other one for higher
Hi all, does any one know what formula is used in creating the mql5 standard deviation channels object OBJ_STDDEVCHANNEL and how this formula can be coded from first principles in mql5 to derive the channel values. I think this could be a freelance opportunity for some one with this knowledge
[Deleted]
  MAMA initial SL  (3)
Hi MT5 comes with an EA named MAMA, this EA has only trailing SL and no initial SL, and if a fixed SL of say 100pips is manually or using another script added, then the EA start changing it even though it's supposed to start trailing once it goes into profit region. How may I change the code to add
I can't see any output messages when they are printed from some tester events. Do I have to do something special to be able to see them? I have MT5 Build 2981 (21 Jun 2021). Thank you so much!! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ void OnTesterInit () //--> never {
hi....i purchased one Ea ...now im shifting to new broker ,ea writer saying, u have to purchase again, can i install this ea with new broker?, how to to find license keys in it
I am trying to import a complete class from a DLL. But I have some errors while compiling. Error 1 - #import was not closed Error 2 - Sum - Member function was no defined. 1 - I compiled the dll using C++ and 64 bits 2 - I put the DLL inside of this Path
I have a problem. I am trying to send a data structure from an MQL5 program to a C ++ program. And I have noticed that the same structure is smaller in MQL5 than in C++. This is the struct: struct MyStruct { int a; double b; }; this is the C++ code: int main() { cout << sizeof (MyStruct)
Hello folks, can someone help with william percent EA for MT5?, one that can execute trades at a defined level of the indicator. Thank you Also if you have or can make that of stochastics, ill highly appreciate that aswell cheers
Hi, I created an indicator calling another internally indicator. They are called using the iCustom function. If I call with the visual mode enabled, the "OnCalculate" function of the outermost indicator is called first. If I call with the visual mode disabled, the order is reversed. To explain
I want to store a structure which contains enums in the DB and later retrieve the same. How are enums mapped to and from the built in DB types
Why it is not listed in mql5 ranking list? <...>
I have an idea for a martingale hedging EA, unfortunately I can't code and I don't have any money. For anyone interested- the idea I had was a semi-automated EA that hedges at a price e.g. you enter long at 4500.00 if price returns to that price the ea hedges with a short order, if price crosses
Hi All, I have the option to buy an EA of a signal though the EA is actually quite expensive compared to the signal subscription. Is there any benefit on having an EA over the signal? Is there better execution of trades or any other benefit on results? I dont plan on modifying the EA and I run my
I am a newbie to coding as newbie as they come I have played around with one EA which I have done so far and I am hooked in bettering my knowledge and master the art. I would love to learn more and eventually be able to code an EA on my own. I am more than willing to put in extra work and do
I need to send an int via socket, but the casts I'm using doesn't works. How to do it in MQL? I'm trying it like this. int buffer; SocketSend (socket, ( uchar *)&buffer, sizeof ( int )); Thank you so much
What is the string default value? I want to use a if statement on a string array default value. It's not EMPTY_VALUE, 0, ""(Empty String). Then What It Is? example string Array[]; ArrayResize (Array, 10 ); for ( int i= 0 ; i< ArraySize (Array); i++) { if ( Array[i]==( default value(I don't know
Hi There, I am tracking orders via ticket for the Hedging MT5 account. I noticed that the ticket that I was tracking was different from the ticket on the order for real accounts . Meanwhile for demo accounts, the ticket tracking is the same as the order ticket. Can anyone help explain why
Hi, can someone please clarify the name convention for bars in an array of type Open, Close, High, Low. If bar[0] is the current open bar on the chart, then how can it have a close price, since it's not closed yet? Or is bar[0] the last closed bar before the current open bar?
I've been trying to solve this problem for days and days but I can't. I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown! I run the Script 'A.py' and every time the mt5. copy_rates_range function, with diffrent arguments, it always gives me the error -2 'Invalid arguments'. The beauty is that, these same
I have been using ea before but now when am putting its giving error its not expert and cant excute trade *** Can anyone pls rectify it Thanks
hi guys i'm a long term mt4 backtester from 2009 year (check siolibros.net if interested) i only use 99% quality backtest with tick data precision, using the well know dukascopy source (throught tickstory) to speed up multiple backtest on a single pc, i strongly suggest to use a ramdisk tool...
How to use forex expert correlation. Is there an expert
I downloaded the free indicator VWAP Lite ( 'VWAP Lite - Volume Weighted Average Price' ). It works fine as an indicator but how do I make it a part of my expert advisor? I understand I need a handle in OnInit() and some kind of call in OnTick(). But how should it look like? Any help is
Hi, can someone help me with MT5 william percent EA and I also i need stochastics EA aswell, EA THAT TRADE LEVELS OF THE INDICATOR...Thank you all
Hi I have been testing my ea with an automatic lot sizing code without problems on mt5. I removed mt5 from my pc and reinstalled it, since then i have been getting errors saying that the account funds are insufficient when the ea tries to place trades. My calculations dont use OrderCalclMargin, i
  Cannot copy signal on my MT4  (16   1 2)
I just subscribed a signal o MT 4 market. However, I don't see any trades or copy trades from that
Strategy Tester does not show all the symbols in Market Watch, what should I do?