Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 160

Multipair test  (4)
Hi there community, I'd like to take a step forward into my coding knowledge with your well appreciated help. The main idea besides on the possibility of taking multipair tests through the 'SymbolList' input , I've been checking some samples but still need some help to fit this into my own way of
If an EA performs perfectly sometimes and at other times there are errors in the trade that it creates, does that suggest that the EA is fine, but there are other things causing those other errors? If it is indeed other things causing those errors, what could it be? Some of the errors I have gotten
Greetings fine minds. I'm looking for a bot that trades in the direction of the closing price of the first one minute candle of the London session open and the New York Session open. Basically, if the first candle closes as a Bear, the bot should Sell, if it closes as a Bull, the bot should Buy
Can someone please tell me what this code reads from the hst file? datapath= TerminalInfoString ( 3 )+ "\\history\\" +account_server+ "\\" + Symbol ()+ "240" + ".hst" ; ReadFileHst(datapath); static datetime previousBar; if (previousBar!=Time[ 0 ]) {
Does anyone know what I have to do to link MQL5 to MT4 and get a VPS on a Mac? What tabs/steps do I need to take? And is there any number for tech support? Thanks, Colin
Hi everyone, Sorry if this is a stupid question and has maybe been answered and asked before but I am looking for a EA that manages my manual trades. For example if I make a market order from my phone I want the EA to then manage the order if it goes against my trade like 10 pips lets say it adds a
Hi, How can I find out how many indicators are actif and their names (shortname) ? I know with ChartIndicatorsTotal() you can get the visually dropped indicators; but I mean the indicators used by an EA with for instance the iCustom command and that are not visual. Thx, Danny
Hi, I have a good pc (description below) , there's something i could do to improve the backtest velocity ? My pc : CPU - Ryzen 5 2400 g (overclocked to 3.9 ghz) 8 cores, so 8 backtests at the same time. Ram - DDR4 16 gb 2666 mhz HD - SSD nothing special. Does putting an m.2 ssd would increase
[Deleted]
I am having a problem properly coding OHLC to create signals for executing a trade on Candle[0] for my Harami EA. It compiles with no error but not executing trades . I have attached the EA below
Hello , When I test my EA on the strategy tester for 1 month it only stops after 1 day. I added a condition for it not to work on weekends by telling me that it would solve the problem but no. Do you know where the problem comes from and how can I fix it
Dear Members, I am trying to write an Expert Advisor with MQL5 that initiates buy limits based on certain EMA values. Here is the code that I have written in OnTick() function.    MqlRates priceData[]; //create a price array      //sort the array from the current candle downwards...
At Friday closing my new EA had open Sell orders with Entry Price < T/P and now the price is even higher. I also have open Buy orders with Entry price > T/P and now the price is even lower. Sounds incorrect to me or am I missing something? What shall I do
  Why is that?  (9)
Hello. The following function returns all properties correctly ( DEAL_VOLUME , DEAL_TIME ... etc), with exception of DEAL_PROFIT . double GetDealProfit( int num, int way, bool isout) { ulong ticket; ulong magic; string symbol; double DealProfit= 0 ; if ( HistorySelect ( 0 , TimeCurrent
Dear All Could you pleas help me fix Validation completed with errors. My EA have custom indicator.How to Validation completed
Hello, I need a clarification regarding the CSignalRSI.PatternUsage function. We have the 5 below patterns defined in CSignalRSI signal filter. int m_pattern_0; // model 0 "the oscillator has required direction" int m_pattern_1; // model 1 "reverse behind the level of
void OnTick () { if (MAPeriod1<MAPeriod2) { ArraySetAsSeries (ma1, true ); ArraySetAsSeries (ma2, true ); ArraySetAsSeries (close, true ); CopyBuffer (maHandle1, 0 , 0 , 1 ,ma1); CopyBuffer (maHandle2, 0 , 0 , 1 ,ma2); CopyClose ( _Symbol , 0 , 0 , 1
I want to save some histories of the optimizations in a CSV file. But sometimes not all deals are written to the file correctly. For example, maybe one pass had 2000 trades and only 3500 deals were written in the file. Or sometimes some of the data in a row is missing. I don't know what is happening
MT5 comes with 5 Expert Adviser for example this MACD Exper Adviser The default lot sixe is 0.01 How to increase the lot size in this Expert Adviser? Can someone tell Metaquote to add Valu input/lot size increase. KMA Trades
Hello there! I would like to know if anyone has any solution on this: very often i come to work on the EAs on the weekends when the FOREX market is closed. Although i have the possibilities for the backtesting, very often the live market conditions are necessary to get the full picture how the EA is
Hi folks, My EA was working fine since last week, but now some functions it's not working anymore. Then I figure out that all my positions magic number are returning "0". As I'm using CTrade class, I inserted the following lines: ulong EA_Magic= 1234 ; int OnInit () {
Hi I can't find any server my broker is NAGA. On the MT4 platform, I linked my MQL5 account. What could be causing the problem
Hello I have written an EA that sends notifications and creates objects on chart when certain conditions are met. I also am signed up for a Virtual Server so that this EA can keep running while my PC/trading software is off. I have been receiving notifications with SendNotification function at all
I have bought a VPS through MetaTrader and wants to log in to it. Needs IP VPS: username: password: How do I find that? Thanks
As long as the Return Code is not 10009, I can safely assume its an error but looking up on the list of return code here: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/errorswarnings/enum_trade_return_codes I couldn't find anything for 0. Here's a sample of the order check result
Dear whomever this may concern, Can someone please explain to me how to fix the "license verification failed" For whatever reason I am unable to use any expert traders or Forex robot on any of my mt4's on my laptop . I used to use one a while back but then for some reason I started receiving
I had encounter error message of the new EA that I purchased and successfully installed in my MT4 platform. Anyone please help. error message : YOLO Diamond hands XAUUSD,M15: global initialization failed Looking forward for the error to resolve. Thanks
Hey guys I'm new to the mql5 programming and I want to modify my open positions. But if i run the EA in a Backtest, I always get the "Error: Invalid Stops". Can anyone help me with this? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Modify an open...
  Problem with Expert Code  (16   1 2)
Hi guys, I don't know if I can write in Italian, however I have a problem with the code of one of my experts, can I post it to you and maybe you tell me where did I go wrong that I've been hitting my head for days
I purchased an the trade assistant ea but when I go to place an order through the app, it says ' trading by symbol disabled by trading server'. What does this mean and how do I change it's setting
Hi guys, I am building EA strategy and I have some troubles with obtaining data. The strategy needs to send M30 OHLC data 1000 bars backwards to my R client, so I have written this: MqlRates rates[]; ArraySetAsSeries (rates, true ); int copied = 0 ; int count = 1000 ; copied = CopyRates ( Symbol ()