Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 145

Is it possible to optimize multi time frames with the MT5 strategy tester
Do i have a knot in my brain, or is this bug? Since today (never had this problem before), i get many requotes from the tester, where the price differs of just one point from the request, while the deviation is set to 10 points. Do i really have to loop and retry until the diff is greater than the
Hello, I made an EA for ES and am trying to optimize some of the inputs across all my appropriate MarketWatch symbols/tickers. For some reason I cannot select inputs to optimize. When trying to optimize using only one symbol, I can readily select inputs with start/stop/step. Am I asking the MQL5
I made a BOT that uses basic scalping strategy, without too many complications, it’s my first bot. But it stop and does not know because it stop, and does not always brake at the same time, level, is always different
Hi guys... i'm new to mql5 and programming generally and would love for assistance to these codes.. ...this is how far i could go #include<Trade\Trade.mqh> void OnTick () { } i know some functions required like ordersend(), ordermodify(), orderopenprice(), orderstoploss()
Hi, I'm working with the WinAPI functions and I want my code to open the folder containing the Experts Log. Does anyone know the code to use in PostMessageW to reference the Experts Log? Does a list of these codes and their commands exist anywhere?    I have a script (below) that will do this with...
Hi, I was "playing" with hedging to explore possibilities : it's very tempting, since it allows purely & simply to recover from a bad position taken. The risk of these strategies is well-known : lot management. Comes ALWAYS a point, where the margin is stressed, the logical solution being to accept
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I have a question, the below function can open 1 sell stop and buy stop when trades number is set at 0. But when I include the function in time and date to open trade at specific time and day of the week, it opens multiple trades what might the issue? void StopTrades( string symbol
MetaEditor run debugin on history data(Ctrl+F5). it not run my EA. It run last on the list EA folder. Im try download any MT5 in all supported platforms have this error. It slows down my work. And make me lose faith in MT5
During the last month I've created an EA which is able to find the best historical combination between a pattern and all its relevant indicators/values. Here is an example: We give the EA all the "morning star" formations for the EUR/USD between 2010 and 2020 as input, and it returns which
Hi, can someone help me with pivot points ea
when I create a buffer with CopyBuffer through iCustom we find the buffer upside down, in practice, if we take a buffer of size 5, the last value will be taken with buffer [4 [. I would like to flip the buffer and take the last value with buffer [0]. By last value I mean the value corresponding to
  Recommended EA  (10)
hi, let me start by saying that i am totally new, and i am interested in buying one, but there are too many, does anyone in this forum has an honest recommendation which one to buy, and would be great if he/she can tabulate why to buy. Kindly, be practical as much as possible
Hey everyone, is it even possible to wirte an EA based on technical indicators, that generates profit over a long period? i don't mean that every trade is a success but that it generates a profit over several years. Looking at the Championchip 2012 i realize that only 20% of the participants...
Hi! I am out right now on my laptop and thinking of running a couple of tests. I have a PC at home as well and these are part of the same local network farm. 1. Is there a way I could access my local PC from elsewhere and leverage its processors? 2. Also, could I use a remote windows instance that
#include <Trade/Trade.mqh> CTrade trade; /*Manejadores*/ int ma_9_h = 0; int ma_15_h = 0; /*Arrays */ double ma_9_array []; double ma_15_array []; int OnInit(){ ma_9_h = iMA(_Symbol,_Period,9,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE); ma_15_h = iMA(_Symbol,_Period,15,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE);
Goodmorning everyone. I have been a programmer for many years, but quite new to MQL5. I would like to clarify a doubt. When I create an EA, the onTick() function (as well as for onCalculate() in indicators) is called when it receives a tick. But is this tick relative only to the symbol where the EA
double loss; loss = -m_account.OrderProfitCheck( _Symbol , ORDER_TYPE_BUY , 1.0 , symb.ask, sl); double stepvol = symb.volume_step; lot = MathFloor (m_account.Equity() * Percent_loss / loss / 100.0 / stepvol) * stepvol; // Percent loss is 5% Hello I'm using the above
Hi, I've come to a bit of a hiccup. In 1 of my programs, I need to make automated chart screenshots. The function for that is: ChartScreenShot(chartId, fileName, ss_width, ss_height, align_mode); Prior to that I ChartNavigate to some time in history, where bars_navigated is much larger than...
Hi Folks! I was trying to use the command ChartScreenShot. I looked up the Docs, and downloaded the example code. https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/chart_operations/chartscreenshot When I executed the code, here is what I received as result. My problem is that according to the Documentation, the...
Hi, I want a simple way to determine whether an EA is running in a System Test or if it is running on a chart. How can I do this? I know it must involve using the OnTester() function, but I'm not sure exactly how to achieve this. I was thinking if there is a way to create some global variable that
hi everyone, doing the backtesting I have repeatedly this error that slows down the process a lot. I thought it was a problem due to the weekend but instead it is not, I thought it was the 0.5 lots instead of 1 but instead no ... compile has no errors. Same problem on the forex with eurusd
I am trying to read closed Trades Takeprofit and Stoploss values but i dont find ways. I have use the HistoryDeals way of reading all closed Trades, but for reading takeprofit and stoploss i dont find options like DEAL_TP or DEAL_SL so 2 questions, 1. why have metaquotes make it so complicate to
Hello. I have a doubt, I hope you can help me because no matter how hard I try I can't find the solution. I want to tell the robot that one EMA has to be equal to another EMA. I tried to put = and ==, but it doesn't take me. I don't know what to do, but ultimately what I want is to tell it to be the
Hi! I have a concept for a couple of custom criteria to optimize for, e.g.: % of days EA hits profit target of X% growth Avg. daily growth percentage Is this possible to code into the strategy tester optimizer? Or can custom criterion only be some new mix of built-in criterion? Thanks
[Deleted]
So technically i want to open a trade once a candlestick has closed above the Hline or aleast find a hline that is near the closed and open a trade base on if its above or below. How would i write this in code
  Read Rectangle  (4)
Hello, I have a problem. I wrote an indicator that draws different rectangles, on the chart, in green and in red. Now I want my EA to identify these (indicator already implemented) and know which price is eg at the bottom and bottom. Is there a similar program here that can be optimized, or does
Hi! Please see my issue below: 1. Ran a test using the optimizer. 2. Selected "Run Single Test" from the optimizer results . ... However the results are quite different than what the optimizer row shows. Why would that be? What's the point of using the optimizer if it's not working to find
Hello, I want to use 2 strategies in one EA. So, I'll make 2 magic numbers for example Buy (Magic 1) will have Close position (Magic 1) and Buy (Magic 2) will have close position (if Magic == Magic 2) and the same with Sell But how to use position orders to make it have Magic 1 or 2
Hello, I have the following code which is duplicating my orders, I create a Rule //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Teste.mq5 | //| Felipe Sena | //|