Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 138

Issue - VPS files management  (11   1 2)
I've experimented a strange behaviour on VPS side upon EAs migration. Actually I don't know whether it is an issue or the normality. In few words, I've an EA which create many files if and only if they do not exist and it works fine locally, i.e. if I start it twice, the first time the files are
How to turn off EA without closing chart? Someone tell me please
Hi, I am looking at the properties and I can't see how much of the money is allocated to a bot. This is very easy to see normally on other platform, but for the life of me I can't see how much a given bot is allowed to use of the balance at any give time. Where is that information?! Many thanks
i had some check and i knew there is code allow to loop thru all open order and select the type of order to close , delete however this is time confusing (i.e around 6 txn will took about 3 second) where its not feasible for me i had see some example where people is closing the deal (i.e 15 deals)
I added the macd indicator to my robot. If the difference between the signal line and the man line in the macd indicator is 0.005, I added a position closing condition. no eror. but the function I want is not working. Can you show me where is the error? Robot codes are attached. <ex5 file deleted>
Hello everybody .. Please can somebody clarify the activity of variables (other than local variables) after Oninit function happens, such after modifying input parameters. Is there a way to keep the values stored in "standard" variables even after Oninit is called. Thanks for your help
hi every one I used below code in my expert in MT4 now I want use it in MT5 what should I replace instead of iMAOnArray in MT5 SignalBuffer[i]=iMAOnArray(MainBuffer,Bars,DPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,i); best regrads Neda
Hello people. I just realized that while EA is running on the chart, change in the Input variable (I mean manually) is not effective on the same chart. Actually we need to completely remove the EA from chart and reattach the EA with changed variable to make the variable change effective. Is there
Hi All, I am trying to figure out how to code an indicator into my EA. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Basically, as per the picture attached, the indicator here gets to a maximum level, and flattens off. As indicated between the green vertical lines I have drawn. To the eye, and in
In OnTimer - every three minutes - I do this code ResetLastError(); if(PlaySound("tick.wav")) Print(__FUNCTION__+" Playsound true " + GetLastError()); else Print(__FUNCTION__+" Playsound false " + GetLastError()); The PRINT always gives "Playsound true 0 " Even if I let the programme run without
Hi traders, I just started renting an EA for MT4 platform. It required the Autotrading to be active. I click this, all is good. It turns green. Then I synchronize everything with my MQL5 VPS that I rented. Now autotrading turns off. In the journal I see "Virtual Hosting: XXXXX automated trading...
  1 Buy 1 Sell  (3)
Good day, I have put together an EA based on the conditions is above/is below so the signal is continuous. However I would like the EA to put in one trade on the initial signal only, close after TP, then only open after there has been the opposite buy/sell signal and conditions have been met. For
  Ea  (2)
An ea which place a pending order whenever a price level is reached
When using Icostume i need to add the index number according to the 'Data Window' for example: with 1 indicator its easy but what about 2 indicators or 3 will the second indocator indexes will be accordinlly or start from 0 again? example: Thanks :)
I am using sqlite database in my EA. When I force stop backtest process agent hangs and never accepts new jobs until I restart MetaTrader. I figured out that after force stop agent still keeps sqlite database file open. I've added file release in both OnDeinit and in destructor of database...
int TotalSymbolOpeningOrders() { int func_total_orders= 0 ; string func_symbol_list= "" ; for ( int func_i= PositionsTotal ()- 1 ;func_i>= 0 ;func_i--){ ulong tick= PositionGetTicket (func_i); if ( PositionSelectByTicket (tick)){ if ( StringFind (func_symbol_list
Hi, I would like to avoid my expert (developed in mql5) to trade during a certain period of the year (from 23 Dic to 08 Jan every year). Is that possible? Thank you for you help
Hello all. I've read the documentation, as best as I can find. If the answers to the following are in the documentation, please do feel free to just point me there. As far as I can tell: In my EA, I can use printf() or PrintFormat() ( https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/common/printformat ) I can use
Newbie here. I have an custom indicator that I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to access the Buy/Sell signals from an EA. Code for the indicator is below. I've tried every variation of CopyBuffer from the EA, and cannot seem to find the right syntax. Any assistance of what that CopyBuffer
// include the file Trade.mqh #include<Trade\Trade.mqh> // Create an instance of Ctrade CTrade trade; void OnTick () { // Get the Ask price double Ask= NormalizeDouble ( SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_ASK ), _Digits ); // get the account balance double Balance= AccountInfoDouble
Anyone knows how I can debug this? In Strategy tester, I found a strange symptom that tester doesn't not execute the sell stop order to return deal or error msg when price reach the trigger price. As you can see in below screenshot, there is a sell stop order that should get triggered/executed if
Does anyone know how to take into account spread in your EA logic? how to overcome the loses because of this? any guidelines or articles to follow
So, I like to ask your opinions and grate comments and suggestions. I have wrote about the same in ForexFactory Forum, and I got also valuable inputs there, but I also like to hear from you here in this community. What I like to know exactly is whether what I am suggesting is an ok and acceptable
How to downgrade EA Version? i've been searching for this topic in this forum but i don't get any solution
I am looking for a solution, my code is updated every day and I would like the update to be made every time there are any changes, e.g. a new position is opened or a position changes, or the price in an open position changes. whether it is feasible. I'm sending some code
I have an expert advisor which in demo accounts 'always' sets SL and TP... but when in live, sometime it doesn't set the SL and TP. Should this be a problem with the EA or with the broker
I am looking for a way to detect if the user clicks 'somewhere' in the chart and drag or if he clicks on an object and drag the object. In both cases I get the same event: id CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_MOVE, lparam 517, dparam 253, sparam 1 (X,Y, left Mouse) Does anyone have an idea
I tought at the begining Void OnTick was used for detect new change of price per exemple when the begening's price was at 1.00 and then go at 1.01 you have a new detection bc its a new Tick But for OnInit i tought it detect every new candle on the chart? Can somebody clear me out
I have the XML file containing the results of an optimization I ran earlier, I want to use the input variables of say the top 100 passes of those results and run a new optimization that only uses these 100 variables
Hi i have an .exe file of custom indicator from my friend. But this indicator seems to have a password and encryption. how can i use this indicator in my expert