Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 151

Hello, I've read topics on here already regarding creating multiple terminals on one computer. i.e. copy directory folder - rename - create shortcut.. seems like a simple process to have multiple terminals for running different EAs but are there any shared registry settings or other settings in
When placing an Order using CTrade, I'm adding a comment string in the arguments. I'd like to retrieve that Comment later, once the position has run its course and hit its TP/SL. I must be looking in the wrong place, however, as the only comment I can seem to find looks something like "sl: 1.12345"
Hi, I have no ideas anymore what might be wrong with my code. I try to open a SELL LIMIT order but the terminal just says "invalid order", Error code 10035. Here is the core fragment: int OnInit () { const string symbol = "EURUSD" ; datetime exp_time = TimeCurrent ()+ 9923 * 60 * 60 ;
Hi, can I backrest an EA on line? in the webterminal
metatrader after a few hours deletes my pending orders, why it happens, how to fix it
Hi all Fairly new to this and I've been working on an EA, and I needed a trading-session piece of code, which I found in the forums and copied in, but it has a sleep timer in it of 2000ms (which actually backtests the highest/best results). When I backtest and optimise that sleep timer value (from 0
Let say we have 2 conditions for trailing: Trail with 300000 points at a defined signal. Else trail 100000 points if previous trade was a loss using martingale. We have 2 Open Positions at 0.2 lots on diff pairs (Boom1000 and Boom500 and Boom500 hits Sl. On candle open, Boom500 a position with 0.4
  Trading with Python  (73   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
I'm asking someone to suggest a simple (knowingly losing, not the point) trading strategy. If the message is sane, that is, will be more or less clearly set out what needs to be done, implement here, in this thread, trade on this strategy, in Python. I'm waiting )
Hi everyone, I'm designing a Multi-Symbol EA and I tried to count every position of each symbol method of symbol splitting input string TradeSymbols = "EURUSD,GBPJPY,AUDNZD,CADCHF" ; string SymbolArray []; int SymbolsNo; // Number of Symbols
I believe a StopLimit order has 2 components Stop price and Limit price I want to know if the stop price has been reached or not. If it has, what elements of the orders has changed. E.g. Can the StopLimit be modified and how? As this is not a limit order should I update the price? When accessing the
My EA needs to pick up the data from every candle for a specified day for a specified currency pair(on M1 There would be 1440 candles, on H4 there would be 6 candles). Is this possible, because my EA says there are 19 potential trades that day, but my data print tells me there are at least 301. So I
Please MetaQuotes expand the number of currencies available in strategy tester. We really need JPY. Also the addition of ethereum or solana (some cryptos) would be ok. Thx
  Basic questions from a newcomer  (73   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Hi all! I should point out right away that I tried to ask these questions in the relevant thread here , but somehow the question didn't get the attention it deserved. Although, it seems to me, the topics touched at least once touch/emerge in many people's minds. Sort of like questions from the FAQ
  Local time from web page  (11   1 2)
Hello, My local time is frequently trashed by Windows 10 on Windows Update survey, so local time gets unreliable to the point I need popular web page like worldtimeserver.com to set it right, Have you heard about a module able to grab Local Time from this page through MQL , because it is well
I'm trying to make EA for 2 EMA crossover but when 1st ema crossed 2nd ema I want it to send a pending order instead a market execution order, I got source code from this website. But when I try to edit for my EA version , I get confused about code that I want to edit. I think, the code that I need
i have my EA running in two different platform but in one platform my pending order is deleted as soon as it take .I have pending order strategy against the main order. But in another platform my EA is running with no problem
Hi All, I need some help here. I'm trying to detect pending order of the same price so that I will not send same PO for the same price but it is not working here is my code double adjustpt = SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_POINT );
Hi, I am trying to have multiple copies of the same EA run in the same symbol with different magic numbers. I already found older topics that mention this but I did not find any solutions yet. I want one EA to know if for his magic number he is bought or sold, for instance. For this, I use: bool
Dear all, I would like to run more Experts (with different MAGIC) on different charts but same symbol. My doubt is management of open position. That is, I need to close the position of an EA when match some condition. See the following. CPositionInfo...
I am going to try out a signal on a live account on a "relatively" small amount ($1,000 usd)before I start getting larger. I want to make sure I understand the concept of percent of deposit before i proceed. Best practices for trading might say trade no more than 5%. It would take a lot of losing
int StopLoss = 10; double openPrice = PositionOpenPrice(glSellTicket); double point = SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_POINT ); double stopLoss = openPrice + point*StopLoss; stopLoss = NormalizeDouble (stopLoss, int (digits)); Print ( __FUNCTION__ , " Sell Stop Loss Normalized
Dear people, There is a lot of "literature" in the forum about this, one above all the clarification offered by William Roeder here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/321335 . Thus, please, can anybody explain this? //+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
Dear people, After having read several times the other thread , I am fighting for understanding what's wrong in my backtesting. Let's say that I want to test a strategy on EURUSD, daily bars, using 1 minute OHLC precision. On my broker's (Darwinex) platform, market times for this instrument are
I recently purchased the *** There have been no trades completed so far and I do not know why. I have enabled auto trading in the options and clicked the auto trade button. See attached picture of the Journal
Hello everyone, I need some advices to avoid Backtesting biases or misleading some of old traders don't trust Expert advisors even if they see it's giant results of backtest because some actions in backtesting are not the same of real trading (even if it's every tick) What about your opinions
Steps to reproduce: 1. Take an MT5 account for which broker have disabled the trading 2. Place an async trade via EA Actual results: 1. Terminal prints Trade disabled error in the logs, as expected 2. OnTradeTransaction never invoked on this error, so that EA hangs/times out waiting for a trade
Hi, I have purchased an EA. My existing activation is not working because my Windows OS has been updated. I am trying to reinstall the EA. I can see it on the tab purchased in my MT5 and it shows that I have 5 remaining activations. But there is no button to update or download it. How do I access
Hi, my broker Blueberry Markets has floating StopLevel, so I can't check it. If I check: StopLevel = SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL) * _Point; the result of this function is every time = 0. In my indicator I calculate: input int iSLPoints
Hello This EA has been developed, is highly flexible and does have profitable settings. I'm (bravely/stupidly) opening it out for people to test and share any profitable strategies they might find. It's not coded for MQL Marketplace yet, so it can't be sold on or used to develop a signal service
Is there a 'Click-To-Confirm-Trade' function for EA's. Thanks Michael