Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 457

Hi Coders! I'm working on to develop my own functions (DealsTrack(), GetVolume(), etc.) for my Expert Advisors. Could somebody explain me the difference between the functions of the Deals (Ticket) and the Order (Ticket)? In MT4 there's only Order Ticket - it's clear. If I see the Orders/Deals...
Hello, I am repeatedly encouterring following problem: When I try to backtest my multi-currency EA in Strategy Tester, it reports "No prices for symbol USDJPY", for instance, and it quits. I get it work only with the number of symbols reduced to four. Where is the problem? Is there a limitation to...
When I tested my EA I got this error. My championship's EA get this kind of comment too.
Hello, I'm struggling with something stupid here, don't know what I'm doing wrong. I want to trade one lot for every 10000 I have in my account. So if I have 15000 in my account, the lot traded should be 15000/10000, and that is 1.5 lots. This worked in MQL4, but in MQL5 it won't work. I...
Hi. How to obtain the order open price? Ive tried this for see printed results Print( OpenPrice",PositionGetDouble(POSITION_PRICE_OPEN), " Profit",PositionGetDouble(POSITION_PROFIT) ); it just return in the Journal: OpenPrice() Profit() no values returned. Some help? Thx
hi all, i've wrote my first ea in mql5 language. i think it's ok, but in tester doesn't appened anything. metatrader5 doesn't help me with no-avaible visual mode. here my class and ea file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LLRFDSFI please someone can help beginner? many thanks
Problem in detecting New Bar ( Testing using Daily Data ). In the following code, the value of Old_Time is *always* has same the same value as New_Time. Any idea why it is so ? Thanks, Walter static datetime Old_Time; datetime New_Time[1]; bool IsNewBar=false; int
Hi there, I have already written some EAs and I never had any problems, but now I want to test a simple strategy and I have a big problem with the ema cross. I have written it exactly as I did it everytime before, but nothing works. There are different conditions which have to be complied to open...
It would be nice, if the HTML Help File would mention the OrderClose statement and its expression in MQL5 with a short examble. Article "Moving from MQL4" did not mention that the OrderClose Statement is no longer possible.
Hey everyone,  Is it possible to put constraints in the strategy tester?  For instance if I use an EMA cross strategy and the two input variables are: Fast_EMA Slow_EMA It is obvious that the Fast_EMA value should always be smaller than the Slow_EMA value.  At the moment I define...
Hi, By default, the SYMBOL_TRADE_EXEMODE on the EURUSD symbol is set to SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_INSTANT. I need to change it to SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_MARKET and I can't do that. I have tried with this: long myMarketExecution = SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_MARKET; bool symbolMarketExecution =
What' s with the random DLL ACCESS VIOLATION? It cannot possibly be the DLLs written by Microsoft. What's with MT5?
Attach my EA. I have created my EA but I have problem, please can you help me! Trading Strategy 1. I used an indicator called Moving Average (MA) with a period 50. 2. I want to place  a Long trade when the MA is increasing upwards and the price is close above it and it to place a...
Hi all, I am new to MQL5 and have a devlopper profile.  I have written & test a few EAs. But i am not sure on how to read the result as my financial background is weak. For now, i am focusing on ProfitFactor & SharpeRatio, is that the right method ?   Which one of the following is best result:...
Is there a possibilyty to add pending order expiration date in the tester log file ? I have big doubt they are not respected..
  NormalizeDouble  (1)
Dear MQL5 Developers, in MQL4 there is an annoying thing: every time I work with doubles, I have to use NormalizeDouble function to compare them, and before I set as parameter of a trading function. Is it possible to use double variables without every time normalizing (for example compare them)...
Hi, Currently building a new EA based on 4 indicators. AS MT5 doesn't appear to have a visual mode as of yet, I'd like to be ableto add the referenced indicators to the debug chart so I can visually see theentry / exit points and confirm them. Referring to the Indicators and returning the values...
Debuggin on Metatrader 5 is realy useful, congratulations to the developers. Just one question about it. How can I debug using historical data? Thanks
Hello, please tell us when to use POSITION_MAGIC, ORDER_MAGIC, DEAL_MAGIC? Could you give some examples? Thank you
Ive been working with mql5 code for a while now, appreciating the wonders of the object oriented world :) however I have hit a brick wall. Basically I have coded an algorithm (highly computationally intensive) which all classes have been tested and debugged using scripts. The functions execute...
Hi Coders! I'm working on my EA. I would like to get the handle for the Moving Average indicator: maHandle=iMA(_Symbol,_Period,MA_Period,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE); It works well on Strategy Tester on EURUSD M1 chart. But I would like to get the handle for the Moving Average indicator from the...
Please can some people help me. I have created an EA, but I have problem with follow: My EA occuppies two indicator (MA and CCI) CCi_Period = 14 MA_Period = 50 In Orther parameters I have created it (handle) int cciHandle; int maHandle; After in: int OnInit() //--- Get handle for CCI indicator
  OrdersTotal()  (2)
I have opened an buy-order, confirmed by the server and running. int x = OrdersTotal(); x = 1 x = 0 x = 0 ........ OrdersTotal() returns first 1, then 0, although there is an open position.
I am new here, so this may be a silly question anyway... Is it possible to chart my Account History, onto the same chart with live data. So that any sell trades that have been completed show up as a red line. And any buy trades that have been completed show up as a blue line.
The expert advisor was compiled without errors and warnings, indeed it appears in the navigator list, but when I try to attach it to a chart, I’m afraid it doesn’t work. I checked a topic in the forum about a similar situation, there were suggestions like uninstall the program, so I already tried
Please help me anybody. I created my first EA in MQ5. It seems to me my EA is working fine in real time but if I want use strategy tester i get such shit: 2010.06.18 19:12:02    Tester    Loading of C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts\new.ex5 failed
Hi, For debug purpose, when working with Expert, what is the best way to show all the indicators on the chart? in MQL4 i use temple with the same name but this function is not working in MQL5 (debug mode / tester). Today i am loading all the indicators manually, i am looking for automatic way...
Sorry for the silly Q :P but I'm wondering... how do you close all positions? I can't seem to figure out how to code it into my EA :( Thanks
  Order problems  (9)
Hey there, I'm experiencing some order problems. Let me explain. When a condition is met, a order is placed. Lets say it is a sell order. Now, when a buy condition is met, while the previous order is still open, and a buy order is executed, it cancels out the previous order(it closes the...
Is there any way to know that SL was hit? I can use OnTrade(), but I won't be able to know the reason why the order closed or am I missing something?