Discussing the article: "Population optimization algorithms: Simulated Isotropic Annealing (SIA) algorithm. Part II"

Check out the new article: Population optimization algorithms: Simulated Isotropic Annealing (SIA) algorithm. Part II.

The first part was devoted to the well-known and popular algorithm - simulated annealing. We have thoroughly considered its pros and cons. The second part of the article is devoted to the radical transformation of the algorithm, which turns it into a new optimization algorithm - Simulated Isotropic Annealing (SIA).

The results are impressive. Besides, the number of parameters have decreased by one.

Visualization of the algorithm operation demonstrates a clear division into separate clusters of agents with all significant local extrema covered. The image resembles the actual crystallization of solidifying metal. We can clearly see the excellent convergence on all tests, including the ones with many variables.

rastrigin

SIA on the Rastrigin test function

Author: Andrey Dik

I get the impression that we have witnessed the transition of quantity (skills/knowledge) to quality (improved algorithms).

On the test FFs it's impressive, thanks! Need FFs in the form of TCs.

fxsaber #:

The impression is that we have witnessed a transition of quantity (skills/knowledge) to quality (improved algorithms).

On the test FFs it's impressive, thanks! Need FFs in the form of TCs.

Thanks for the feedback.

I randomly pick algorithms to investigate and improve them if I see an opportunity. So, there are many modified algorithms in the table that I have improved, it's just that this one had more potential for improvement than others. Of course, that experience accumulates, but turning SA into SIA was obvious and I couldn't help but do it.

As for the trading test FF, you can use the benchmark described here. There is a selection of theoretical knees of the zigzag so that the maximum possible number of points of "profit" would be obtained.

By the way, it would be necessary to formalise UGA in the current OOP-format and include it in the table. As soon as I get my hands on it, I will do it. I have no doubt it will take its place in the upper part of the table. I will not write an article about him again, I will just add him to the archive together with the rest of his colleagues.

Генетические алгоритмы - это просто!
Генетические алгоритмы - это просто!
  • www.mql5.com
В статье автор расскажет об эволюционных вычислениях с использованием генетического алгоритма собственной реализации. Будет показано на примерах функционирование алгоритма, даны практические рекомендации по его использованию.

Andrey Dik #:

As for the trade test FF, you can use the benchmark described here.

I would like to connect any TCs.

fxsaber #:

Need FFs in the form of TCs.

Would like to connect any kind of TCs.

Your Virtual will work best for this (calculating the fitness function)

How to apply these algorithms for trading or optimisation ? There is a test Expert Advisor MACD Sample. We would describe how to apply all of these developments for this Expert Advisor

Dmitiry Ananiev MACD Sample. We would describe for it how to apply all these developments

There are several ways to implement both external optimisation control and internal self-optimisation of Expert Advisors, including without using dll. There are several articles by other authors on this topic.

I have a separate article with examples of how to screw AO to an Expert Advisor under development.

Dmitiry Ananiev #:
How to apply these algorithms for trading or optimisation ? There is a test Expert Advisor MACD Sample. We would describe how to apply all of these developments for this Expert Advisor
https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/14183
Использование алгоритмов оптимизации для настройки параметров советника "на лету"
Использование алгоритмов оптимизации для настройки параметров советника "на лету"
  • www.mql5.com
В статье рассматриваются практические аспекты использования алгоритмов оптимизации для поиска наилучших параметров советников "на лету", виртуализация торговых операций и логики советника. Данная статья может быть использована как своеобразная инструкция для внедрения алгоритмов оптимизации в торгового советника.
Reason: