MOEX.Beginner's Questions - page 8

Dmitriy Skub:
Transfer to the new contract before the current one expires.

You mean close there (or will it close by itself on the expiry day) and open in a new one?

However, if the trade is at a loss, will you have to accept the loss?

Sergey Savinkin:

It depends on what you want. If you just want to hold a long-term position, there is no way, it's an URGENT market. And if you want to test over a long period of time, there are "futures glues" for that. Check with your broker to see if they have a euro-dollar glue.

I do not need to test.

I need a real.

Renat Akhtyamov:

You mean close there (or it will close itself on the expiry day) and open in a new one?

Exactly right. If you look at the OI in the last 2-3 days - the current OI contract goes gently down and the next OI contract goes gently up.

Investors/long-term investors are being shifted. The difference with the other days is very big. This is where the speculators' share in the instrument can be assessed.

Renat Akhtyamov:

It is not a loss but a floating P/L. You cannot evaluate such a position in terms of speculation inside the day.

Dmitriy Skub:

Exactly right. If you look at the OI in the last 2-3 days - the current OI contract goes gently down and the next OI contract goes gently up.

Investors/long-term investors move. The difference with the other days is very big. This is where the speculators' share of the instrument can be assessed.

Dmitriy Skub:

It is not a loss but a floating P/L. You cannot evaluate such a position in terms of intraday speculation.

I still do not understand this point.

Interested in a more detailed mechanism of transition from one futures to another.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I still don't understand this point.

I am interested in a more detailed mechanism for switching from one futures to another.

If manually, without waiting for expiry, you simply close the position in the old futures and open a new one.

If you want to do it automatically, with an EA, I made an example especially for this.

Sergey Chalyshev:

If manually, without waiting for an expiry, you simply close the position in the old futures and open a new position in the new futures.

If you want to do it automatically, by an Expert Advisor, I made an example especially for this purpose.

OK

You would close at one price with some financial results, and open at another?

Renat Akhtyamov:

ok

You close at one price with some financial result and open at another?

Of course at a different price, because the futures price depends on the value of the underlying asset and the interest rate.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Of course not, as the price of the futures depends on the value of the underlying asset and the interest rate.

Are there Euro-bucks on the exchange without expiry?

Renat Akhtyamov:
Is there any euro-bucks on the exchange without expiry?

If only on the foreign exchange section as a method of exchanging (buying) money, i.e. without leverage.

Reason: