Examples: Meta COT Project - New Horizons for CFTC Report Analysis in MetaTrader 4 - page 4

C-4 wrote:

czelenx wrote:

You Right!!! Can I use that EA for real acc.??

What is "EA" and "acc."?

"EA" is an Expert Advisor -> the program for automated trading

"acc." means most probably account.

czelenx wants to know, if you can use this Expert Advisor for a real account and not only for a demo account. (in my opinion)

xebec:
I followed the Readme file and watched the video, but when CSV files created it contains no data at all, size is zero for all of them !!

Hello Again :(

i downloaded the new uppdated cot file and used another broker MT4 platform but i face the same problem again and again

all files are empty

Heeeeeeelp

czelenx wants to know, if you can use this Expert Advisor for a real account and not only for a demo account. (in my opinion)

This program formed for an example, instead of for trade. Do not output this adviser on a real score!!! If you wish to create the good trading robot it is possible to discuss it in an individual order.

ahmedalhoseny:
xebec:
I followed the Readme file and watched the video, but when CSV files created it contains no data at all, size is zero for all of them !!

Hello Again :(

i downloaded the new uppdated cot file and used another broker MT4 platform but i face the same problem again and again

all files are empty

Heeeeeeelp

Most likely you have committed any error in installation. Try to instal indicators on the computer from Windows XP.
Excuse, but more exact advice I can not give.

Hi Vasiliy,

At first, let me say, you did very interesting and amazing job with this article. I am only at the beginning of understanding the whole thing.
So please don't get me wrong, if I have some questions and points to improve.

• Why are your (downloadable) programs not translated in english like in your article here? That makes it very hard to understand for me (I am from germany, so please forgive me my bad english and much worse russian skills)
  • I tried to follow your "video-steps": in your video you donwloaded the "Futures Only Reports", in your article you recommend to download the "Futures-and-Options Combined Reports".
  • After I started your Build-Script I only got some cyrillic-chars followed by ": 1" -> So I copied the english texts from this article to the Build-Script. Now I found out that the script says "File not found: 1". So I tried and tried to find out, what not works. But (at the same time) I wondered, why my computer was so busy and why the date and time of the csv's was changing. After a while I found out, that the script had NO problems with the files - it was working. Why do you generate the message "File not found?"
  • Furthermore I get messages like "2009.12.14 10:41:21Meta COT Script Build: handle 3 does not exist in FileWrite" and "2009.12.14 10:41:21Meta COT Script Build: handle 3 does not exist in FileClose" - why?

But finally I got a lot of csv-files containing data.

After running the concatenate script, I got these messages: "2009.12.14 11:29:56Meta COT Script Concatenate: invalid handle -1 in FileIsEnding" and "2009.12.14 11:29:56Meta COT Script Concatenate: invalid handle -1 in FileClose" - is that OK?

And here the same: I got new csv-files containing data.

By the way: I am using WinXP and experienced no other problem than described...

Please take this as "bug-report" or positive critics - I only want to understand everything right ...

TuRRiCAN:
C-4 wrote:

czelenx wrote:

You Right!!! Can I use that EA for real acc.??

What is "EA" and "acc."?

"EA" is an Expert Advisor -> the program for automated trading

"acc." means most probably account.

yes, Can I use the metacot expert advisor for real account?? And How setup that expert advisor for reall account??

thanx's

Why are your (downloadable) programs not translated in english like in your article here? That makes it very hard to understand for me (I am from germany, so please forgive me my bad english and much worse russian skills)

Further I will make program translation.

I tried to follow your "video-steps": in your video you donwloaded the "Futures Only Reports", in your article you recommend to download the "Futures-and-Options Combined Reports".

The program works with both versions of reports. For an example in video operation with reports "Futures Only" is shown.

After I started your Build-Script I only got some cyrillic-chars followed by ": 1" -> So I copied the english texts from this article to the Build-Script. Now I found out that the script says "File not found: 1". So I tried and tried to find out, what not works. But (at the same time) I wondered, why my computer was so busy and why the date and time of the csv's was changing. After a while I found out, that the script had NO problems with the files - it was working. Why do you generate the message "File not found?"

I do not know. I hardly understand as the program works which I has written.

After running the concatenate script, I got these messages: "2009.12.14 11:29:56Meta COT Script Concatenate: invalid handle -1 in FileIsEnding" and "2009.12.14 11:29:56Meta COT Script Concatenate: invalid handle -1 in FileClose" - is that OK?

This very old error. I do not know why it appears. The mechanism of opening and closing of files is written correctly. This error does not change for result.

czelenx wrote:

yes, Can I use the metacot expert advisor for real account?? And How setup that expert advisor for reall account??

thanx's

In this program there are no functions of the control of a current state of the terminal. In the future I will write some experts specially for trade on the real score. If want wait them.

Hi, I think I have detected a little error in the cotlib file, about the movement index: I realised the movement for operator didnt actually reflect de difference of today index minus shift days ago index.

I only know little basics of programming, but I had a lot at the cotlib file, and thik the problem is here:

Instead of substracting data index about i - data index (i+shift), so that the previous data is sustracted, the code is now sustracting (i-shift).

Apparently results are displayed correctly modifying this sign, anyway I apologize if I happen to be wrong about this, I am familiar to cot report "reading", but not able to really program.

Anyway, globally, thank you so much for this wonderful new tool, and the accurate explanations on how to use it.

Thank you for your work. A quick comment: instead of creating different files based on field "Market and Exchange Names", the BUILD script can create files grouped on field "CFTC Commodity Code" which automatically includes all the different past and likely future changing market names and contract codes, quirky contracts and spelling within each general commodity category: wheat, soybeans, eur, gbp, etc... Or we can group on "CFTC Contract Market Code" which is specific to each contract, and accommodates changes in names/spelling within it. In attached xls notice the summary of fields "CFTC Commodity Code" corresponding to the "Market and Exchange Name" and "CFTC Contract Market Code"
Reason: