MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 653

Hi, I am trying to implement an Order Management feature in my EA. I want the EA to only place one order per Symbol. Has anyone implemented this before? Any help will be greatly appreciated Thankyou
hi my friend i have two expert (expert send and other recieved ) the expert send is true but recieved is Can not read array because he read a lot of array At the same time and read first to last Which brings error array out of range . for this i want read every last array and show this at comment...
double CalculateHH ()// This function is to get the highest high price since open price of certain order                {  for ( int n=OrdersTotal()-1; n>=0; n-- )// first i need to loop all orders          {            if (OrderSelect( n ,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) // select my order of...
[Deleted]
Hello Sir,I am working on socket programming in MT4 using DLL files.Though I am able to send the orders from server to client ,But I am facing certain issues with the mechanism.They are as follows: 1. If I send the orders from Server to Client within fraction of seconds,then complete data is not...
Afternoon, I am new to MQL4 and MetaTrader. I've just written my first EA, and I'm doing some backtesting. I have a few questions on back testing OR if someone can point me to a good best practives doc, I would appreciate it. So, the EA I created has MoneyManagent, Risk Percent, Stop Loss, Take...
  Close[0] and Bid  (3)
Hi guys, Why is NOT Close[0]=Bid? I knew that these are the same, but are not. See my USDCAD picture: UPDATE: I found these, but did not get answer from them. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/144280 and https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143082 Thanks
[Deleted]
I'm having an issue with my profiles overwriting one another. I created a EuroUSD profile and saved it. Then, Created a USDJPY profile and saved it separately. When I open my EURUSD profile, The USDJPY profile appears. I switched to a third profile, and back to the EURUSD and the USDJPY has...
[Deleted]
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.1,Ask + 15*Point,3, Bid-20*Point,Bid+20*Point); When sending a buystop I get an error 130 , Searched the web to find the solution and one of them was setting the buystop close to the current price , but 15 points is really enough I think , is there any other thing...
Hi... Greetings from Brazil! I'm starting to build my first EA and one of his strategies is analise RSI from the last 3 past candles... But i need to force the EA to do start the calculations only on data after EA stated, then the past candles on EA starting must be discard. I'm working on the logic...
Hello, I am new to MT4 and learning to program EA's.  I have a current EA working just fine, but I'm trying to backtest it and having problems. After finishing the Run with Optimization turned on, nothing appears in the Optimization Results or Graph. The Journal shows some of the following: 581...
Hi All, Below is the code which is capable of generating screenshot and push notification whenever the condition is TRUE, whereas the indicator works only during strategy Tester and NOT during LIVE market. During LIVE market only Push Notification works but the Screenshots are not being saved. Did...
Sincemixing MQL4 and MQL5, what kind of new features do you like to use? The reasonI ask is because I just don’t see the point of most of it. Structures aregreat. They are a no-brainer. But beyond that… Forinstance, why would I use the SymbolInfoTick with the MqlTick structure whenvariabels like Ask...
How can ALL indicators be removed from the chart, programmatically? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi Guys,   Is there a way to create a fixed-step trailing stop in MT4? I'm not sure if the default one in the platform is dynamic or fixed. I want to trail my stops in increments, so for example: If I want I to trail in 50 pip increments, it will only come into effect every time the price moves 50...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone.   I'll try to keep to the point, and keep my post short. I'm attempting to save an analysis (retracements and trendline objects.) My understanding is that I can save a chart as a template, and then save multiple charts with their CURRENT templates as a profile.   As it stands, when I go...
Hi, Im new in mql coding. Couple days ago i tried do make a simple EA. I wanted open and closes postions at choosen timeframe. For Example: timeframe H4 pair EURUSD: EA will start placing orders at 00:00. So my first trade is: buy at 00:00 and closes at 03:59. Second one: sell 04:00 closes at 07:59...
Hi: I am trying to use MACD and OsMA indicators in my EAs but I find that they lack the same precision they show on the screen. When I use MACD or OsMA indicators on the screen and put the mouse pointer over a bar, they show some seven or eight decimal digits, and sometimes, differences between bars...
[Deleted]
I have MT4 Build 840 (Jun 12 2015). I found 2 indicator files on forex factory forum - GMMA Fast.ex4 4KB and GMMA Slow.ex4 4KB. I copied them to FXDD-MetaTrader/experts/indicator folder. I cannot find them in the Navigator window to install them. I have used the same procedures for other indicators...
Hi All, Just read it on the forum that the tester doesn't support mutli currency trading (I am assuming EAs can do). Is there a workaround way? perhaps a little nudge in that direction. Or is there a way i could export variables to excel. That way i would myself do some manual testing? Cheers!! 
Hey guys,  I am in need of assistance please. What I would like to do is every time price creates a new high or low for the day I want to be able to save the price and the time somehow (perhaps in the global scope) to use it as a reference point? Would anyone know how to do this? 
I wrote a custom indicator that finds the swing highs and lows. Currently it puts an arrow object point to the price level and the time bar.  Green for High and Red for Low. I would like to change it to text that shows a count variable. Here is a portion of the code I created but it isnt showing the...
[Deleted]
My initial balance is 1000 USD Risk per trade 30% Stoploss 2000 pips for USDJPY 122.622000 How do I calculate Lot Size
Hi, I have a class that holds a dynamic array of pointers to types of subclass of another base class. It has a method that accepts a reference to a certain type of the subclass and I need to know if  it already has a saved pointer to that type of subclass. Is there a way doing it by the pointer type...
Is it possible to change the location and the colour of the comment that is displayed on the chart through Comment function or ChartSetString(with CHART_COMMENT)? By default, it gets displayed in white colour on top left corner.   
Hi all, i'd like to ask if it is possible to enable Metatrader default Trailing Stop in an Expert Advisor 
Hello everyone, I was little clarity on how OnTick() works. I am trying to check if a new bar is forming void OnTick () { //--- int m_nLastBars= 0 ; int m_bNewBar; int nBars= Bars ( Symbol (), PERIOD_M15 ); if (m_nLastBars!=nBars) { m_nLastBars=nBars; m_bNewBar= true ; //////run my
[Deleted]
Iam using mt4 on my ipad to trading forex. And mt4 is a great app ever. But now i want to add some custom indicator to my mt4 for support trading. And how i can do that? Can you help me?   Thanks. 
If I use the function iClose with a Shift == 0, will its value be changing as the price changes while on the current bar or will it wait for the close of the current bar? But then the value wiill be the same as iClose with a Shift == 1?
Hi, I am new to MQL i needs to find a way to get alert when market moves inside a range. Ex : when the last 10 candles high and low is just less than 20 pips. High : 1.1250 Low : 1.1230 Appreciate someones help. Thanks you
New article Tips for Selecting a Trading Signal to Subscribe. Step-By-Step Guide has been published on mql5.com: This step-by-step guide is dedicated to the Signals service, examination of trading signals, a system approach to the search of a required signal which would satisfy criteria of...