MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1605

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Statistical Report #3 has been published. We go on collecting and analyzing statistical data obtainedin the course of the Automated Trading Championship 2007. In this Statistical Reportwe analyze the TOP Ten Expert Advisors for...
Hi all, (I'm a newbie). I'm trying to set some variable values according to the currency pair being tradedat the moment, using the code below. But when I try to compile it, I get the error"EURUSD - more than 1 symbol". Please what is wrong with my code? Here it is: switch(Symbol()) { case...
[Deleted]
Hi :) I would like to create some kind of custom tester in C++ to support the processingenvironment I plan to create, and to serve as a framework for the expert testing.However, I want it to resemble the Meta Trader one as best as possible. Do you by chance know what are the exact algorithms for...
[Deleted]
Hi, I want to my EA to automatically draw trend line of ray type every day from06:00 to 20:00 Hrs. How can I do this. A sample is given below. But i am unable to figure out what to write in ??? areawhich is basically the datetime ObjectCreate("obj name",OBJ_TREND, 0, ???, WindowPriceMax() - Point *...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Jury Session Record of the 17th of December 2007 has been published. At the session, the Jury discussed disqualification of severalParticipants. Some more Expert Advisors were set down. The full text of the article was...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Reporting the 11th Week of the Championship (10-16 December) has been published. The the last week but one of the Automated Trading Championship2007. Only five trading days are left till the finishing line. We wonder who...
[Deleted]
Hello How's everybody doing? I'm programming som simple things in MQL4, and i've a questionabout iBarShift The documentation defines it like this: [QUOTE] Search for bar by open time. The function returns bar shift with the open time specified.If the bar having the specified open time is missing,...
[Deleted]
  slippage and  (1)
Hi fellows, Can anyone explain the meaning of slippage and also moving average applied price to me?thanks
[Deleted]
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE FOLLOWING: CHART: 15 M CURENNCY: EURUSD VARIABLES: CURRENT OPEN BOLLINGER UPPER APPLY CLOSE BOLLINGER LOWER APPLY CLOSE STANDARD DEVIATION CURRENT APPLY OPEN STANDARD DEVIATION PREVIOUS APPLY CLOSE BUY LOGICS: CURRENT OPEN < BOLLINGER LOWER - 0.0003 AND ( STANDARD...
[Deleted]
Hi All How can you get line studies to show up on smaller time frame charts? Sometimesit seems to happen other times they don't appear! Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello all I am writing you because I have this problem: from time to time, my expert advisor does not get the most current data in the arrays Open[], Close[], Time[], etc. This problem happens randomly because it does not happen always, only sometimes. Firstly I thought that calling the...
[Deleted]
Hey guys, does anyone of you have a reliable trailing stop algorithm you use in your experts(with error handling and optimized - not sending a new OrderModify for each profitincrease) so that I do not have to reinvent the wheel? Would be much appreciated,others might find it useful as well. Thanks a...
[Deleted]
I wish to write a system and aim to enter into next years contest for autotrading. Can you recommend a starting template, something that takes into account the competition rules, something that is well structured and has error catching and logging and double checks open positions and counts etc.. I
[Deleted]
Hello everybody, I am new user of metatrador. I want to learn how to test my expert but the data only from august 2006... Is anyone knows where can i download data for the past 5-7 years for metatradorand how i can put it into the program? Thanx!
[Deleted]
Does anybody know if a EMA/Envelope (river/Channel) cross-over Alert (indicator) exists? To alert one the moment the 13EMA crosses the (let's say) the 0.05% deviation upper- or lower envelopes . Or maybe be so kind as to share. Thank You
[Deleted]
Hello I want to draw a straight trend line object (a Ray) every day from 0800 -- 1600 Hrs on my chart. How can I do this. Thanks in advance. regards, Ali Nasir
  Zigzag indicator and neural nets  (107   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Greetings romantics from the high road ! :))))))) Interested in the zigzag indicator. I came up with the idea while thinking about neural nets. The thought process was as follows. I want to look deeply into the history without using too much data. In the article Predicting Prices with Neural
[Deleted]
I need a EA that follows this trading strategy: http://www.forexfactory.com/BGX.pdf Basic principle is if the 5EMA crosses 20EMA then after price filter of 25 pipsenter trade, IF RSI is above or below 50 according to the cross. Attached is the indicator. I just need it to make live trades. Stop loss...
Does anybody know how to make a script to close more than one order in a singletick?
Is it possible to draw a arrow from an EA at the Bid price much like the functionOrderSend draws an arrow upon successsful order execution? Any help will be appreciated?
  loopy problem  (5)
I'm hoping someone can help here. I'll post the code. I can't seem to get the loop working in my code. It only ever wants to run throughthe loop during the last 2 or 3 candles. I've even taken out IndicatorCounted()and used Bars-1. I get the same result. Can anyone help out here? Thanks.
[Deleted]
I have been reading the Order functions and I have not found a function that canretrieve the ticket number of a particular order in my list of open orders assumingI do not know their ticket numbers off hand. Let's say I have 3 orders - 1 GBP/USD buy order, 1 EUR/USD sell order and 1 GBP/JPYbuy order...
[Deleted]
int live = 22; if(AccountNumber()== live) if(AccountProfit()>AccountMargin()) SendMail(" ", " "+AccountProfit()); } return(0); i would like that thisi is repeating every 30 minutes can someone add line code to do this thanks
[Deleted]
if some condition in axpert advisor is true does it mean that all other conditions will not be checked at all in that expert advisor or expert advisor is checking all the time. is it possible that i write more expert advisors and then to attach more than one at the same chart! i would like that some
[Deleted]
i would like code for closing all my orders if profit is > than margin is it possible that order number can be the only factor that program need to knowto close it. because the number of lots is changing.it is not constant. and then to delete all by and sell limit thanks
I would like to specify certain time periods for certain pairs on which my indicatoris to be used.   For example, if it is placed on the EURUSD, I need tolook at the previous hi's, low's open's closes from 3 HOURS ago, 2 HOURS ago and1 HOUR ago. If the indicator is placed on the GBPUSD then it needs...
[Deleted]
Hello All There are many out there who can code complex EA's. Can somebody help me in codingan EA based on the system rules I have. I have everythng written down to the lastdetail. This is a very simple one. I dont mind paying for this effort. Please PM if you are an expert in witing EA's....
[Deleted]
Hi, I am trying to create a loop with range of parameter called 'level'. This parameter is type of double. I wrote the following lines: Print("level ",level); if(level == 0.9222 ) { Print("level has been reached"); } This condition is always false even I see that level 0.9222 is being reached (in
Can i ask a big favour, i'd need a very simple MT4 indicator drawing histogram onbars (like on braintrend1) when C>H[1] and C<H[1]. Feel somewhat sorry but It does seem at the moment i'm not doing well with the MTsyntax. Thanks who can help Filippo
  Get Tickdata  (6)
Hello, is it possible to get the Tick Data which are all receive in the terminal. I would like as in a normal database to call the data´s that all been received, is not possible with the MetaTrader, that´s a absolutly normal Think and must be possible I think?