MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1270

Recently I came across a signal like this, which indicates a possible trend reversal. I liked it a lot. I wouldn't trade on it exclusively (except scalp, but I don't do that), but it's good as an additional tool. I may have the nerve to ask - may be there is a kind soul who will translate it into
just started to learn and experiment with mql. here is the problem, for example i put onto charts lets say Moving Average and other indicators and my EA how can i find out through my expert advisor what is current MA price, or any other param of any other indicator? i could copy paste source code
Many times I lose connection with my broker. I dont know when extern variables are loaded into PC MEMORY. What are differences between EXTERN VARIABLE and VARIABLE initalized under init() function ? I would like to know when the SETTINGs of EXTERN VARIABLEs are SETS and RESETS ? When I restart the...
[Deleted]
The simple answer is to ask... I have and my enquiries get 'lost' So I come here where the pro's are ;) In a nutshell, I do not wish to mix history data from more than one source... Would like to use terminals history center's download button. A 'Download Warning' msg states: As I understand it,...
Hello friends this is checkmail and am a bit less experienced in the mql4 language, so want help in form of an EA. Am having some awesome indicators that works well for me till now, so now want to create an EA based on it. Though there are many complex indicators, I want to try an simple indicator...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I ask your help regarding the issue that arises when I nest an if condition inside another if condition: the code does not do what is contained within the second condition, even when the condition is true. I tried to reverse the order of the conditions (the first if replaces the
Hello everyone, I am new here, so I need a experienced trader to tell me this: I know how to use "OrdersTotal" function to return the value of all orders (opening+pending), But how to return the value of those only the pending orders? I need to know how many buystop/sellstop orders I have while...
  basiaforex  (4)
Hi, exelent work-nik_psar_2b they can write a ea ? they look at eur/usd - m1 parabolic step 0.04 max 0.5 so long werner
New article How to Create Your Own Trailing Stop is published at mql5.com: The basic rule of trader - let profit to grow, cut off losses! This article considers one of the basic techniques, allowing to follow this rule - moving the protective stop level (Stop loss level) after increasing position...
[Deleted]
Hello I have a unique trading system (Expert Advisor) Full Day Trader 1 Full Day Trader works on all trading instruments 2 Full Day Trader suitable for any broker (on test Alpari) 3 Full Day Trader to trade all day and does not depend on the spread and ... TF = D1 Broker - any Deposit - any Pair -...
[Deleted]
i am getting this error time after time when running an EA on a demo account. can anybody tell for what reasons this happens? thank you mario
I was wondering if Meta Quotes was ever planning add other time frames other than the standard M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, D1, W1, M1. How can I go about requesting additional time frames like other non-MT4 or MT5 brokers are doing? I really would like to see 2 hour, 8 hour, and 12 hour time frames...
[Deleted]
Hi all, how do you measure your EA's profitability? Do you used DD, PF or any other equation?
[Deleted]
hello, I have a demo account that I used for 2 months in my laptop. However, my laptop collapsed yesterday( metatrader 4 was open at that time) and I downloaded metatrader 4 to my other computer but I can only see my positions. I could not buy-sell anything and could not close the positions that I...
Can someone please help me with this code. It is a hedge strategy I am trying to write but I can not get it to work. It is suppose to open a buy and sell simultaneously. When either side is stopped out, the stop of the winning order should move to the opening price of the order(Break-even) then...
Hey Guys, I'm into forex trading using robots, and I have found outthat the most crucial step is the choosing of the forex robot. Nevertheless,there's almost no way to take an informed desicion, all the robots sites look and say the same,"buy me and be a millionaire". So, I've been trying to find...
[Deleted]
Hey everyone, I recently wrote an indicator for GBP/USD. I'm pretty new to coding but I was able to write an indicator that shows where the close of the current candle is in reference to the alligator lines. I know my code is pretty crude but it works for the time being. I want to manually backtest...
[Deleted]
Hi, My broker just recently switched to a new "core" technology, whatever that is, and along the changes came a 5 digits switch. The problem is that now my OderSend() function is broken and every time gets an error 130. I've tried everything, from normalizing takeprofit and stoploss to sending the...
[Deleted]
Hello traders, Is there anybody that can help me with a script for to create an indicator that plots stochastics of an RSI please. I am not a coder or programmer at all. If anybody can help i would appreciate it very much. Thanks Fred
[Deleted]
  Help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  (13   1 2)
i have this indicator,, it calculate three levels to buy and three sell according to the strategy of Wafi. I have written this indicator to facilitate searching of wafi levels, we can also use this indicatos with others strategies. usually if the direction is upward price we can only buy from the...
I am curious if the brokers will be forced to make us switch to MT5 at some point? Do you think they will offer both 4 and 5 to keep business? Obviously they would want to but they are a regulated broker that may not be an option. I don't want to get behind in either language but the thing is,...
[Deleted]
  wafi_area.v1.2  (5)
hello, wafi_area is an indicator creted buy younous filaly, it calculate three levels to buy and three sell according to the strategy of Wafi. I have written this indicator to facilitate searching of wafi levels, we can also use this indicatos with others strategies. usually if the direction is...
  Which design is correct?  (80   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Like this void Close_All() { int Total = OrdersTotal (); for ( int i= 0 ; i < Total; i++) //требует уточнения эта строка { if ( OrderSelect (i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==true) { switch (OrderType()) { case OP_BUY : OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid, 5 ); break ; case OP_SELL
Is there some sort of compiler switch available for mql4? Like #ifdef? Thanks.
I'm running into a very weird phenomenon. I have an indicator that redraws on every new bar, so i'm re-initializing the indicator buffers everytime the loop is triggered in start() . When i do this: ArrayInitialize(indicatorBuffer,NULL);//ArrayInitialize(HighMapBuffer...
[Deleted]
I am trying to run an Expert advisor through a backtest and get an output csv file. When I run the EA live the output file generates fine, however when I run the back test no file gets created. I know some functions are disabled during backtesting. Are File operation functions included in disabled...
[Deleted]
I want to set the horixontal line properties in my indicator to 'Draw object as background'. Does anyone know how I can code this? I can click on a pivot line and and set this manually each time I open a chart which is not practical as their are over a dozen of them and as far as I can see it can't...
[Deleted]
Can anyone help with this please? I can't seem to get the "Extern" variables to change value in the next tester run, even though I edit them in the EA via "Modify EA" and recompile the EA before running again. I've tried putting "DeleteAllGlobalVariables()" at the end of the EA, but to no avail....
[Deleted]
Hello all, Just to tell you, I saw OrderStopLoss() function returned value on the 16th digit on decimal part. That mean, if you have a condition like that, Stop < OrderStopLoss() with these values in the log file Stop = 1.36190000 & OrderStopLoss()=1.36190000, it could be TRUE. Because...
I have a DEMO account with Fienex Group Ltd. (fxcbs.com). I tried to use the attached MACD sample and Moving Average program to test EA. No buy/sell could be executed. Even after I deleted all possible limiting conditions, still no buy/sell went through. I tried Print...