MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 116

I am trying to set up 2 MAs ontop of an RSI, using the Previous Indicators Data, and place a sell/buy when they cross. However I just can't seem to get my head around it and get it working and placing the buy/sell at the correct place. Any help is appreciated. My current code (mql4): double
[Deleted]
I have taken this code from an indicator and placed it into my EA so I can see the Bar Timer countdown Yet I have 3 Warnings - implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' + h + ":" + m + ":" + s, I would like to correct/remove these warnings All help appreciated. int ttc, d, h, m, s, rest;
Hi all, first of all, English is not my native language so I hope you won't get angry, if some misunderstandings occur in this thread ;-). Furthermore I want to give you a realistic view about my programming capabilities - well there are almost none. I can print "Hello world" in Python and know...
i try to install metatrader4 with windows 7, and the programe blocked installation it ask "specify proxy server" and login password
Hi all, I have been working primarily on MT4 which has undoubtedly the broadest support among my brokers, only a couple offer MT5 and not necessarily with the same instruments I want to trade with my algorithms. Recently I started delving much deeper into MQL5 and its standard library classes for
[Deleted]
I would like to be able to subtract 2-3 hours from the current time. What's the formula to do this?
Is that normal? I was finding it strange that this week the EA haven´t taken any trade so far. I went to Tools>Options>Expert advisors and to my surprise the "allow automated trading" was off, but it was definitely NOT me! The EA was taking trades last week, even friday. After the weekend, somehow
Hello everyone, please help, why do I order/open my position always different from the signal provider, for example, when the signal provider buys 0.01 at 2 PM then buys 0.01 again at 3 PM but on my mt4 account I only buy 1x at 2 PM and there is no second order, does anyone know the solution? even
  'Close all'/'Open' tools  (593   1 2 3 4 5 ... 59 60)
'Close all' scripts for MT4
Hello MQL5 Community, I am currently developing an EA and would like your assistance in implementing 2 MA Cross and CCI Filter conditions to confirm entry as either OP BUY or OP SELL market conditions. I'd like to have a choice for both conditions before using them as "True or False." The idea is to
Hi everyone, In the recent few months I'm doing some EA's and scripts. I'm looking to create a manual trading panel from zero with my own specs and it would be nice to know where from should I start? What should I look for an interactive (trading panel with tabs and etc) trading panel? Thanks and
Hello guys, is it possible to insert an order in MT4 from outside, e.g. via API...? (I would like to create orders based on telegram messages.) Or can I regularly poll something from inside MT4? If yes, could someone link me an example? Many thanks! Roger
Hello everyone. I would like to learn more about how a Multi Account Manager (MAM) sysyem works. In particular, will a MAM system work on demo accounts? For demo accounts, trades do not use the order book or liquidity providers. So hypothetically, is it possible to set up a MAM system using only
[Deleted]
I have installed a few different metatrader accounts on my computer. Now I need the registry entries from them. I only found HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > MetaQuotes Software > MetaEditor 4 + MetaTrader 4 But I found nothing from the different installations e.g. from fxcm, alpari, ... Where are...
  Problem with EA  (2)
Hi guys, I have ordered an equity protector EA on freelance, this EA doesnt remove and reload correctly if MT4 crashes and re-opens I dont know why this crashing is happening repetedly on VPS for my MT4 terminals but the bigger problem is : one of my EA's doent reload corectly on re opening the MT4
  Download history in MQL4 EA  (52   1 2 3 4 5 6)
I need 15M 1H 4H 1D 1W  for all 28 pairs for 30 periods back in my EA. I have used a very good tool in MQL5 published  here but is there a way of doing this in MQl4?
Hello All So I'm trying to find a much more efficient way of converting an integer or a double to string, without typing + IntegerToString (AccountNumber(),0)+ every time I use a Mail, Print or MessageBox function . I believe that you can apply the following: string thisIsTheAccountNumber =
Hi I write a code to to trade using MT4 API to perform a trade. Can we add a message to journal, so in the journal can show message such as location or device version ? Thank You
I notice a lot of requests by non-programmers for others to 'please implement an on/off button' in various indicators. This is actually a nice handy feature to have. Unfortunately there is a *terrible* template someone(?) is using to implement the on/off button that is, at best, slow and
  Breaking the For Loop cycle.  (31   1 2 3 4)
Morning, So I have a function which is designed to Select an order from the ledger through the OrderSelect(..) feature. It also selects the OrderSymbol(...) as well as the Magic Number(..). If any of these return False, it's supposed to return a Print Message (for demonstration purposes as seen
Hi guys, Does anyone has a tool or developed a tool/indicator to draw short trend line in MT4, just like in the TradingView.com below picture
Please can anyone help me modify this ea so that the sl for buy trade will be on the lowest of any of the 3 previous candlestick with 5 pips addition to it and for sell trade sl will be on the highest of any of the 3 previous candlestick with 5 pips addition to it #property copyright "for practice"
Is it possible to add an option to the MT4 tester that enforces the FIFO rule? For multiple open trades with the same symbol, the tester does not simulate real time FIFO-rule trading. For real time tradiing, with US MT4 brokers (FIFO rule), the SLs and TPs are forced to be the same for all open
This is the first EA that I've written, borrowing bits from others, too. I have it attached to 12 charts on my Demo account, but it seems to only allow one trade at a time across all 12 forex pairs. My account and broker aren't restricting me in this way, so is my code restricting me to only one
Friends, can any developer insert the CALL and PUT buffers to work with MT2 in this attached indicator? Thank you
I have received a system message regarding the latest version of a product. When I go to market tab inside MT4 and to my purchased products there is no option to update, it also is displaying the old version instead of the new. It´s been almost a day like this. I don´t wanna install again and waste
hello there, i have an investors password for an account the problem is i can see the history and added balance for that account but not running trades! yes when a trades are placed or its running its not showing on the terminal window but its straight going to the balance on the terminal window !!...
It looks to me like these two statements are functionally equivalent to each other. Is this correct? Are there any nuances I'm missing? if (tempZigVal < (op - tempATRMax)) sl = op - tempATRMax; else sl = tempZigVal; sl = tempZigVal < (op - tempATRMax) ? op -
Following exactly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4VrC_nhJA&list=LL&index=2) I coded the multi timeframe ema. However, when I try to use it with the strategy tester it does not work and I'm not able to find the problem / solution. I attach a photo where the Ema computation becomes flat
Hi, Is there any restriction on using an "if condition" within a "For Loop" or even a "Do while loop"? I have a code with a following structure: for (expression1; expression2; expression3) { expression=True; if (expression) operator1; else operator2; } Instead, on compilation