Technical Indicators - page 120

Hi, I am new to MT4 having been using Trading Station and as a result I have a simple question that I wondered if someone would be so kind as to answer for me please:) Using MT4 how do you go about adding an EMA to both the CCI and TSI (True Strength Indicator)? Can you simply do it through...
Hello guys, i was trying to make an indicator to plot an arrow in the chart when there is a high that closes out of the bollinger band, and then a new high, that closes inside the bands. The purpose is for counting test. This is what i got so far, but couldnt get any result. for(int i=limit;...
I don't know If any body knows why the RSI mq5 file that's submitted by MetaQuotes: rsi.mq5 does NOT wanna calculate the RSI(3) of GBP/CHF ?!?! not in any time frame particularly for this currency pair. If any body can help me here Please?! here is the code (that's inside this mq5 file If u can't...
Hi  I'm building a DLL for a EA I'm working on and part of it adds winform controls such as list boxes to the chart. This works just fine, however whenever there is an update to the chart it causes my added components to flicker.. I've searched high and low for a workaround/fix for this issue, but...
hi i use this simple vertical line indicator to mark ny open and close times but i don't want an infinite number of lines on the chart, rather only have 3 or 4 lines at any given time. what can be added to the code to allow me to choose how many lines will be shown? thanks
I'm trying to add a sound file to Mt4 for an indicator. There used to be a sounds folder in the old build, but in the new build I don't see it. If anyone can tell me where it is, or how to add my file, any help would be appreciated. Much Thanks. Ralph
  Extra copies!  (1)
Within the past few days I purchased an indicator which I downloaded and installed onto my desktop computer without any problems. Within the 5 copies allowable in that purchase I now want to download and install it onto my business laptop so that I can trade using the indicator during the day. I am...
v1 = 10 * wAverage(Close, 50);v2 = wAverage(Close, 100);result_osc = wAverage((v1-v2), 90); This code is in Easy Language and I need to use in MT4. Can you help me? Thanks a lot!
Hi all, I am trying to use a dual MA crossover indicator ( IINWMARROWS.mq4 found in internet) which just displays arrows when a crossing of the two selectedMA's takes place in RENKO charts. It works ok most of the times but all of a suidden sometimes I get some extra arrows in the last candles...
Hi. I'm looking for the mt4 indicator that will identify the bar (candle) which has higher high (HH) and lower low (LL) then the previous bar. Thank you for any help.
Hello guys! I'm having some dificulties trying to make an indicator plots its arrow buffers only in specific times. For example, I would like the indicator only draws its arrows from GMT 8:00 AM to 02:00 PM. I tryed doing this, but its not working. extern int starthour = 8;extern int endhour =...
Hi Guys I'm new here so thanks to all in advance. I'm looking for a stochrsi indicator for my mt5 platform. I've tried a couple but they don't seem to appear on my indicator list. I have copied them into any folder indicators, downloads etc but to no avail. I can only presume they are not mt5...
i have already mtf super-signal but cant use it at my mt4
Hello, Can somebody code and give the value of SUPERTREND of all time frame one the chart screen (Green if up on anytimeframe and Red if down on anytime frame). The reason is we need not scroll to different timeframe to know the value. Thankyou. Regards, KRIHSNA
I want to change line length. At the moment line is full line from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen. I want them from today to the right side. At the moment lines made by OBJ_HLINE but I saw somewhere was recommendation to use OBJ_TREND instead of. But If I just change...
Hi, Im trying to implement alerts into my script but im not aware of howto. It should alert when two MA's crosses. Most of the script is already working, its drawing the arrows at the right spot, but i also want to implement alerts when it crosses. Right now my script is stressed out when i try...
Hi, I have a stochastic alert for MT4...I only want it to fire an alert if ADX is less than something like 25. How on earth can this be done? It must be very simple if you know a bit about coding... I have googled for quite some time on this but just can't find out how to do it. Thanks in advance
Is someone able to detect why this Pivot Confluence indicator won't print text? It only draws lines but it should also print line name and price. Holding cursor on the line it shows label and price but it also should show same information on the lines.
I tried to change the color of the 2 iMA lines below, but failed. What's wrong with the codes? How to fix? Thanks. double MAShortCur=iMA(NULL,MaPeriod,MaShort,0,MaMode,MaPrice,0); double MAShortPar=iMA(NULL,MaPeriod,MaShort,0,MaMode,MaPrice,1); double MALongCur=iMA(NULL,MaPeriod,MaLong...
Hello,  I use the indicator ZigZag in my Expert Advisor and I noticed that this indicator gives me a wrong value in Strategy Tester for the period 2015.01.05 - 2015.01.06 (EURUSD - H1).  Everything works fine until 2015.01.09 at 06:00 (see screenshot 1), but then the last high...
[Deleted]
I manually add two indicators from my expert advisor as given below. The idea is to add separate sub windows to the chart and if the expert advisore is removed from the chart, so should all the indicaotrs it created. int handle1;int handle2;int OnInit(){ handle1 = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(),...
The example CPanelDialog (PanelDialog.mqh) show how to create, set an event and delete these objects. I tried, BUT i understood nothing i'm new in the programming. Someone could explain it in a simple way to how use the classes for the dialogs, ty
  i have a doubt  (1)
i have the moving average shifted 10 and with sma i know his value(price) but it's possible get the datetime of the shifted period too? thanks in advance! double sma = iMA ( NULL , PERIOD_CURRENT , 16 , 0 , MODE_SMA , PRICE_CLOSE , 10 );
Hi, I'm trying to catch a trend from MA to the indicator but it doesn't work. It should drow the label when ma 3 bars back is higher than ma 1 bar back. The code is like this: MA6=iMA(Symbol(),0,ma_fast_period,0,ma_fast_method,ma_fast_price,1); MA6_2=iMA(Symbol(),0,ma_fast_period,0...
  Spread Indicator  (1)
Hi Could some one please tell me how to code the following. I want to place the maximum spread ABOVE each bar. I can easily find the spread double x=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD); but don't know how to place it above the bar Many thanks
Hi all, Has anyone got the bool CWndContainer::OnActivate to fire? I need to know when the container is active so I can put a highlight around the control, but i just can't seem to get it to fire and I have tried lots of different methods. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Dan
Hi everyone! I tried to code the Chaikin Volatility indicator but it does not work at all. I know that there is plenty of examples of such an indicator, but my point is to understand what I am missing and whether I got the MQL language. The problem I am encountering is the following: no data is...
Please anyone has any idea or know hoe i can get an email alert on my email whenever my indicator gives an alert on my chart. I have already set up my email with metatrader 4 and i have successfully sent test message applying all the SMTP settings.Thanks....
I need an indicator for MT5 that shows the average daily range. Please can anyone suggest where I can find one or how if I could create one?
I have tried to generate a custom indicator that is based on a ema indicator which would draw multiple lines all based on the same period value but shifting the plot up and down based on the closing price multiplied by a percent value. the code compiles but only prints one of the waves requested any...