Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 466

I am trying to circumvent the step of getting a handle for a particular indicator and stright forward accessing the values for decission in an EA; is this possible? Cheers!
hello the Moving Average file includes this function: double SimpleMA(const int position,const int period,const double &price[])   { //---    double result=0.0; //--- check position    if(position>=period && period>0)      {       //--- calculate value       for(int i=0;i<period;i++)...
Hello, my EA can work well on multiple currencies so I would like to test it with the portfolio tester on more than one currency. &nbsp;Is there any recommendations or resources for designing a multi-currency EA for the portfolio tester in MT5? &nbsp;Is it necessary to modularize the EA code and...
I started picking up mql5 on the weekend and have started creating a few EAs, none of them based on a strategy I'd use, but just to get used to the language itself. The EA puts in instant orders on the currency with a lot size of 0.1. If the trend continues I want the EA to be able to purchase...
  MQL5 EAs  (6)
I have put de META 5 verson from Metaquotes. Graphics are received OK. But the experts folders do not work, when traying install some EA. Instead indicators go .Any help please?
  Previous Ticks  (8)
Novice MQL5 programmer here. Is there a way to check the price of a previous tick? MqlTick's "last" variable is not available in the forex market :(
As promised, this version has a 10 day free trial. So you get to use it for free to create expert advisors in MQL5 in minutes. You can get it here: http://www.molanis.com/products/expert-advisor-visual-wizard (A free registration is required to access the download page) Also, we have many...
Dear Forum, I just want to place some text inside a Window onto a certain position. I get it done by using x/y coordinates but not when using: ObjectSetInteger(0,label_name,OBJPROP_TIME,Time); ObjectSetDouble(0,label_name,OBJPROP_PRICE,Price); Do you have some sample code on how to place...
At the moment, I'm preparing an EA for the Championship and although time is now very tight, it looks hopeful that I may at least have an entry this year. The problem I am currently having is optimisation. I am a competent in other languages (C/C++/PHP/etc) and as such have a good understanding of...
Hello I am porting my EA from MT4 to MT5. &nbsp;One thing I am having trouble grasping is how to implement pyramiding of orders w/each order having a unique stop in MT5. &nbsp;I understand that I need to use one position and add to that position but am uncertain how to execute the dynamic stops....
In object filter, it's impossiable to assign m_base_price in object m_signal. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Generating a buy signal. |//| INPUT: price - reference for placing the price of opening, |//|...
Hello, I have problem to use technical indicators class in standard library. I have scanned through this forum, but no one have similar problem as me. Basically i want to use technical indicator from standard library, but my outputs are very strange. Please take look my snippet code...
Hi, I would appreciate some help on the two issues described below. If a user drags and drops an EA to the chart, is there any way of finding out the exact time/price where the user has dropped/released the EA? Another question: can an EA make some kind of call to the user interface of metatrader...
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is a very noob question, but I wanted to test out this EA: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/261 but I couldn't get it to work, here's the error that I got: Appreciate if anybody can help me on this, I've been on this problem for 2 days now and I am not making any...
Please, how to use " kernel32::CompareFileTime " in MQL5? thanks very much
Please any one givean example to check the trade request before sending with the function OrderCheck().
When offsetting or closing existing trades, does MT5 close desired trades by offsetting 1 time the necessary lots? Or does it still close each existing trade out. Example. Buy EURUSD 0.1 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.4 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.3 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.15 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.5 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.35 lots
Hi all, I'm having some problems on reading a value from a .txt file in an Expert Advisor. I have the following code: int file_handdle=FileOpen("test.txt",FILE_READ|FILE_ANSI); string string_read=FileReadString(file_handdle,4);&nbsp;&nbsp; Print("String read: " + string_read);&nbsp;&nbsp;...
Hello, is there any smart way for newbies or people not really familar with computers to install an expert advisor ? What is the programmatical approach for this, common for xp-2008 ? Thank you
i have taken many orders at a certain time, i need a code to generate the average for all those Pending Orders Price and modify all those orders with that average value with some TakeProfit added to it. i want to implement this in Expert Advisors??....someone please help me...!!!
Hi to everybody. Forex Championship 2011 is very close. I’m looking for helper to write together the expert winner of Forex Championship 2011. We need: The Idea (I provide): 1. It really doesn’t matter what strategy you use. If we propose that some winning strategy exists (maybe) and it...
Need help in writing a code to write 8 boolean values to a text file every new bar after my conditions for buy/sell have been processed. If EA is turned off and restarted it would initialize the boolean values from the same file. I did something like below (my functions to obtain and write values...
i made an advisor depends on candles & cci indicator. compile no errors, however, 2 days now it didn't make any order. any suggestions, help please. thanx
Basically I just started coding my own eas but noticed that they only seemed to show some signs of life in manual mode and with the stategy tester. I leave any of them (even the default ones and 3rd party EAs made by others) and they won't buy or sell anything unless they are set to manual, where...
Hello, i need help with my EA. i need a simple trailing stop and a simple break even but i dont know how to do this. Thats my EA Code dont laugh its my first EA ;-) please do not change so much. if possible just only insert the trailing stop, that i can still simply put there my strategies. ive...
I looked all over help menu and cannot find how to write new line when writing to file. Should be somehow overwritten or use smth CRLF?
  script auto load  (2)
hello, is it possible to modify a script to auto load when the mt4 terminal starts? if yes... could somebody write it to me or it needs programming skills?
How can I access the series (time[],open[],close[]  etc )in the OnCalculate()function from an EA ?
Is there a variable of any kind that I can access from an expert which persists across strategy tester optimization runs? I have tried GlobalVariable functions however they don't appear to persist across optimization tests. I don't want to resort to using files as that seems like a hack and...
Hello, I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for how I should implement my cross strategy. I've written the beginning stages of it, but need a push in the right direction or even better some examples. My idea was to create an Expert Advisor that traded on a 1hr. chart with the cross of...