Experts: Adding password protection to your Indicator / Expert Advisor - page 4

tyfred:

Hey, thank you so much for the coding and explanation on everything to password protect my EA :)

I just have a couple questions for anyone who can answer...

1. When I 'compile' my source code after going through the 'password_check' process of putting in all the codes you have given, I always get some errors. I get an error that says ''init - function already defined and has body"'.. How do I fix that?
2. Secondly, how exactly does that "password_generate" part work? Where do I place that code (separate from the other coding?)? Also, how exactly do I run it? I guess I'm slightly confused.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

-Tyler

Show your code.

Already defined is self explanatory.

Hi Claude,

Thank you very much for this great script.

It works perfectly fine when i include it into an EA which is really good but it doesn't seem to work on an indicator (MT4) file. Is there changes that need to be done to the code to get it to work with an indicator file or is it for EA's only?

Best regards,

Rod

Claude Beaudoin, thank, nice work, congratulations...

Claude Beaudoin:

Thanks (again) Mohammad!

Cheers! 

Hi, do you have a version for MT5/MQL5 ?

Hello Please 
How can i make use if this in MT5 platform, 

Is it possible to achieve 

Actually i have almost zero knowledge about coding but i can follow clear instruction , 
When given .Thanks 

Thanks so much
But u have a question:
If everyone download the generate_password code from this page , can get password of any ex4 files who we create and set its password with this method!!!!
What we can do for this problem????

Ebrahim Noroozi Sani Yadaki:
Thanks so much
But u have a question:
If everyone download the generate_password code from this page , can get password of any ex4 files who we create and set its password with this method!!!!
What we can do for this problem????
That's why is there a MasterKey variable. You can put any 7 characters password there. Put in in both files - Password_Generate.mq4 and Password_Check.mq4.

Awesome work, thanks for sharing!!!

I have a question, is there any way to revoke a password from users that have been inactive after several months? or just by cherry pick from the person in charge of the password_generate? (let's say I saw he is not following the policy to use my EA)

every time you open MT4 it returns an incorrect password message, even if it was already typed in the indicator, is it possible to fix this?

thx

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".