Are you ready to give up MT4 for MT5 ? - page 8

graziani:
I missed this info, it took a while for mq to allow this, I don't know why they have been so stubborn...

Anyway few days ago I was considering giving another try to mt5 for development purposes when I realized that history debugging is finally possible 🙆.

So I guess another migration is on its way. Have you already started? Personally this is a PITA for me, as I have a huge codebase in MT4 so I am not sure whether I should just jump into it...

API must have changed, how bad is it ?
Is the history import possible already? I cannot migrate until I have my history data available in mt5...

I will check it soon, don't have time at the moment ...
History import and custom charts should be this summer according to Renat (Metaquotes CEO).

No

I think MQl5 is like windows vista, ill wait to MQL6 :p

No.

Please ask developers to create new new function for setting global variables to start numbers.

Like "ResetGlobalVariables()" (not variables of terminal) 

It will be very usefull.  

the only way I will get excited about MT5 is if it's completely 100% backwards compatible with MT4 + all the new features of MT5 otherwise it's always going to be no ... someone made a reference to Windows Vista, and that's exactly what MT5 is to me ... it's a VISTA of Forex, buggy, lacking, and simply too much headache to consider at this point

Alejandro Cuartas:
I think MQl5 is like windows vista, ill wait to MQL6 :p
exactly ... we've all been there ... I just hope it doesn't get forced on us like the free Windows 10 auto-install LOL

Alain Verleyen:
History import and custom charts should be this summer according to Renat (Metaquotes CEO).

The summer is over and still no news about history import. This is really annoying.

When history import happens I can really forget about MT4 and only use MT5 with Market Depth, 64 bit processing and so on.

Alain Verleyen:

In fact this promis is why I have been checking this site every day since. Though I am not sure if they meant this summer.

Ovo Cz:

In fact this promis is why I have been checking this site every day since. Though I am not sure if they meant this summer.

Yeah I know, I asked some updated information, but no reply till now.

Alain Verleyen:
Yeah I know, I asked some updated information, but no reply till now.
Oh, I forgot about the Russian forum was the prime one. Ok, thanks, I can read Russian, though I cannot type. They have really weird keyboard layout.