How to disable the backspace key event. - page 2

honest_knave:

In addendum to my last, I can't recreate your animated gif.

This is what I believe you are doing:

1. Create an object
  2. Select the object
  3. Create another object
  4. Press backspace

Your result: the first object (the selected one) is deleted

My result: the second object (the unselected one) is deleted.

Which build are you using?

1. Exactly. It has always worked like that.
  2. 1045

whroeder1:
  1. Exactly. It has always worked like that.
  2. 1045

Worked exactly like what? You terminal appears to be working differently to mine. Please see my animated gif.

My experience (and seemingly Ovo's too) is that backspace doesn't care whether the object is selected or not.

Without being patronizing, you are using backspace and not delete? That is the only way I can recreate the behaviour you describe.

hi.

i try the method has been comment here. but non of them has the final solution.

i asked again if there is solution ?

as i see one indicator ( .exe file ) has this compatibility and can't delete his object by pressing "Backspace".

Mehrdad Shiri: i asked again if there is solution ?
After 2½ years, honest_knave's behavior is still current with build 1220. So stop pressing the backspace key and use the del (.) key which only deletes selected objects.

William Roeder:
After 2½ years, honest_knave's behavior is still current with build 1220. So stop pressing the backspace key and use the del (.) key which only deletes selected objects.
ok. thank you .   :-)

I can't understand why this is an issue for some. In all the years that I have been using the platform I cannot think of one time that I have pressed the backspace key (while the chart is in focus) except when I have actually wanted to delete an object.

If you accidentally press backspace and delete an object, simply use Alt backspace  to reinstate it.

Ive got the same issure exactly.

my laptop has one key for both the keys(delete key and backspace). If I press the the "fn" key plus backspace, the result is "delete key". so i understand what he is trying to say. why we cannot disable deleting an object created by our expert?!

abbas.zahiri # why we cannot disable deleting an object created by our expert?!

You make it non-selectable.

William Roeder #:

You make it non-selectable.

Actually with mql5 it's non-selectable by default, you need to make it selectable explicitly.