No trades

HI,

I have an EA that when back testing through meta trader 5 does the following. (see attached picture)

Exactly...nothing.

It works fine with the meta trader 5 downloaded from meta quotes and then as soon as I download meta trader 5 from a broker (FX pro) and open a demo account and run through back testing it makes no trades whatsoever.

Yet, when I run my expert adviser on live charts on FX pro it executes trades perfectly.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Forexmm

Files:
Error.PNG  16 kb

forexmmm:

HI,

I have an EA that when back testing through meta trader 5 does the following. (see attached picture)

Exactly...nothing.

It works fine with the meta trader 5 downloaded from meta quotes and then as soon as I download meta trader 5 from a broker (FX pro) and open a demo account and run through back testing it makes no trades whatsoever.

Yet, when I run my expert adviser on live charts on FX pro it executes trades perfectly.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Forexmm

Check the Journal tab of the Strategy Tester.

There was nothing in the journal tab. IT said the EA was loaded correctly. Just no trades were made.

forexmmm:
There was nothing in the journal tab. IT said the EA was loaded correctly. Just no trades were made.
Then you have to check your EA logic, and the ST settings.

Ok thanks. I will give that a try.

Does it use pending orders? Maybe level of pending is too short ?