MQL5: Using custom indicator in strategy tester to debug an EA.

I'm finally making a serious attempt to convert my MQL4 codebase  to MQL5.

First, I'd like to mention this: what a freakin' nightmare this conversion is.

That said, after a brutal 3 day effort to convert one of my primary indicators to MQL5 - I have achieved near similar results with its MQL4 predecessor.

Here's side-by-side visuals which are nearly identical but notice the MQL5 has 'missing events' (events are tagged with a price label); this is a minor debug issue, could be data, could be something else,

Continuing on, while debugging the indicator,my buffers 'flash' (disappear, on-off-on-off, etc.) and go askew. I had to snap a screen shot at the moment the buffers were visible to show this behavior, behavior of which does not happen on a live chart. Aagain, not really an issue - I'm able to debug the indicator even though the visuals are wrecked.

The real issue is how to use this indicator on top of my EA while debugging?

Not trying to bemoan the issue - clearly, MT5's 64-bit architecture is rapidly becoming a must have. Then there are the rave reviews from the "after the switch from MT4 -> MT5 - I'm  never going back" group that keep me pushing onward.

Honestly, I don't see it (yet). I must be missing something.

My indicators are golden - class-based.  My EAs don't pull data from the indicators but rather, uses the same classes and derive data internally. I use indicators to visually represent what is going on 'under the hood'.

Hopefully, I've described the issues I've experienced. Any help and/or guidance will be much appreciated.

Add an iCustom call to your indicator into your EA. It will automatically be added to the Strategy Tester chart.