My market tab, articles tab, and code base tab all say 'Pirated version!'. Never seen before, help?

I bought an EA for the first time and when I go to my account via MT4>Market tab..all the indicators and such say "Pirated version!"

I go to the Articles tab, says "You are using a pirated version of the program. Please upgrade to a genuine one!". Says the same thing in my Code Base tab.

I downloaded my MT4 directly from my broker's website, Hugosway. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling a new version per the EA dev bc they haven't seen such an error and that was a suggestion to try. Didn't work. No idea what to do. Currently chatting w Hugo customer service too 

First of all - check your Market purchases - they all should be here listed in your profile: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/extractszn/market

------------------------

It may be related to yourr anti-virus or firewall.
And you should ask your broker for support (because the support for MT4 was stopped some years ago, and the brokers only are supporting this old trading terminal).

------------------------

...or download and install "clean MT4" (clean from brokers) - post for two attachments: metaeditor_build1420_clean.zip and terminal_build1420_clean.zip

MT4 download
MT4 download
  • Sergey Golubev
  • www.mql5.com
I want an MT4 download link, I do not want to use MT5... Most people want MT4 so why push users towards MT5?Why should I go through a broker...

I am moving your thread to MT4 section of the forum.

Sergey Golubev #:

First of all - check your Market purchases - they all should be here listed in your profile: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/extractszn/market

------------------------

It may be related to yourr anti-virus or firewall.
And you should ask your broker for support (because the support for MT4 was stopped some years ago, and the brokers only are supporting this old trading terminal).

------------------------

...or download and install "clean MT4" (clean from brokers) - post for two attachments: metaeditor_build1420_clean.zip and terminal_build1420_clean.zip

Do you know how I can troubleshoot if it's my antivirus/firewall? I'm not very tech savvy. I've tried reinstalling a clean MT4 direct from my broker and still running into the issue. 

ExtractSZN #:

Do you know how I can troubleshoot if it's my antivirus/firewall? I'm not very tech savvy. I've tried reinstalling a clean MT4 direct from my broker and still running into the issue. 

As far as I know - it may be necessary to add the installation file and/or other files to "white list".
This is the discussion thread where the users found the way about how to fix it:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/462628

Bit Defender Anti-Virus Found Something in WebInstall Folder (2024.0218) - My anti-virus shows false warning about terminal Exe
Bit Defender Anti-Virus Found Something in WebInstall Folder (2024.0218) - My anti-virus shows false warning about terminal Exe
  • googollien
  • www.mql5.com
Today my anti-virus show a warning [gen:variant. Or i can only wait the mt4 next automatically update. And press something to be installed and so on. It may be same action for any other anti-virus software programs