What to feed to the input of the neural network? Your ideas... - page 8

Any strategy that is based on historical data is unsuitable.

And that is why no MOs, including NS, are unsuitable for trading.

How much and how you want to train or retrain your robot, even if it will know all the details of history for 50 years, by ticks, trends, figures, levels, know how all kinds of news and interventions affect the market, under what circumstances the price goes, etc., all this is not enough to determine which way the price will go.

Why is it so? Let me give you a simple example:

When a person walks, before he takes another step, he looks at the road.

Do you say I made a great discovery ? :)

Yes, but when he looks under his foot and beyond, he looks into the future.

Without that, he can't take a single step if he doesn't know where that step leads.

This is the same way all robots (not trading robots), drones and all other creatures that move work.

They're scanning space all the time.

I.e. looking ahead.

Your robot, even if it is an all-knowing prodigy, will not be able to determine where the price will go if it cannot see the future.

And that is why any strategy should act according to the circumstance, and not on the basis of history to predict where the price will go.

What has happened before is absolutely irrelevant, because we or the robot cannot determine when they start and when they end based on these patterns in real trading.

I can really show the result of a strategy that works by analysing the next tick. It takes only the maximum and minimum of the last 28 days from the history.

Petros Shatakhtsyan #:

Any strategy that is based on historical data is unsuitable.

And therefore no MOs, including NS, are unsuitable for trading.

How much and how you want to train or retrain your robot, even if it will know all the details of history for 50 years, by ticks, trends, figures, levels, know how all kinds of news and interventions affect the market, under what circumstances where the price goes, etc., all this is not enough to determine which way the price will go.

Why is it so? Let me give you a simple example:

When a person walks, before he takes another step, he looks at the road.

Do you say I made a great discovery ? :)

Yes, but when he looks under his foot and beyond, he looks into the future.

Without that he cannot take a single step unless he knows where that step leads.

This is the same way all robots (not trading robots), drones and all other creatures that move work.

They are scanning space all the time.

I.e. looking ahead.

Your robot, even if it is an all-knowing prodigy, will not be able to determine where the price will go if it cannot see the future.

And that is why any strategy should act according to the circumstance, and not on the basis of history to predict where the price will go.

What has happened before is absolutely irrelevant, because we or the robot cannot determine when they start and when they end based on these patterns in real trading.

I can really show the result of a strategy that works by analysing the next tick. It takes only the maximum and minimum of the last 28 days from the history.

Logically speaking, you are taking historical data

Your first and last sentences contradict each other. You even highlighted them.

Ivan Butko #:
Logically speaking, you take historical data

Your first and last sentences contradict each other. You even highlighted them.

It is not a contradiction. Obviously, to trade you need to have at least 2 things: time and price.

If I compare the current price with the previous price, then according to you the previous price is also history ? :)

Petros Shatakhtsyan #:

This is not a contradiction. Obviously, you have to have at least 2 things to trade: time and price.

If I compare the current price with the previous price, then according to you the previous price is also history ? :)

I am a supporter of logic) Everything that happened is a fait accompli and therefore a historical fact.

So as not to be stuffy, I'll say that I understand what you mean. You meant something back there, further back.

Ivan Butko #:
I am a proponent of logic) Anything that happened is a fait accompli and therefore a historical fact.

So as not to be stuffy, I'll say I know what you mean. You meant something back there, far back there.

It's not clear what you're saying.

I'll just say there are 2 variations of the strategy, the 1st uses those min-maxes and the other without.

P.S. I understand how those who deal with MO and NS and those who develop various indicators based on history will react to this.

Petros Shatakhtsyan #:

Any strategy that relies on historical data is unsuitable.

Here I really, can show the result of a strategy that works by circumstance, analysing the next tick. It takes from history only the maximum and minimum of the last 28 days.

You can explain a little more about what is next, when and where and where to buy/sell ...

A traveller has the ground under his feet, which he looks at, and he manages his feet. A trader without history has only the current point on the map, and there is nothing ahead, and he does not control the price. Where will the price go?

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
A traveller has a road under his feet that he looks at. But a trader without history has only the current point on the map, and there is nothing ahead. Where will the price go?
Sounds like a hokku

Oh, my God! Didn't realise. So expanded the post a bit :)

Aleksei Stepanenko #:
A traveller has the ground under his feet, which he looks at. But a trader without history has only the current point on the map, and there is nothing ahead. Where will the price go?

You have to start from the current point. Find the current minimum and maximum. Naturally, they will coincide with Bid and Ask. When the second tick comes, there will be a new min. or max.

In this way the current min. and max. are determined. And after the order is closed, everything starts from zero, i.e. from the current price, and what was earlier is not important.

To describe all of this, it is necessary to make screenshots, draw charts and write several pages of text, as well as video.

I just wanted to say that you can get good results without analysing history, without MO and NS and any external indicators.