Discussing the article: "Sentiment Analysis and Deep Learning for Trading with EA and Backtesting with Python"

Check out the new article: Sentiment Analysis and Deep Learning for Trading with EA and Backtesting with Python.

In this article, we will introduce Sentiment Analysis and ONNX Models with Python to be used in an EA. One script runs a trained ONNX model from TensorFlow for deep learning predictions, while another fetches news headlines and quantifies sentiment using AI.

Integrating deep learning and sentiment analysis into trading strategies in MetaTrader 5 (MQL5) represents a sophisticated advancement in algorithmic trading. Deep learning, a subset of machine learning, involves neural networks with multiple layers that can learn and make predictions from vast and complex datasets. Sentiment analysis, on the other hand, is a natural language processing (NLP) technique used to determine the sentiment or emotional tone behind a body of text. By leveraging these technologies, traders can enhance their decision-making processes and improve trading outcomes.

For this article, we will integrate Python into MQL5 using a DLL shell32.dll, which executes what we need for Windows. By installing Python and running it through shell32.dll, we will be able to launch Python scripts from the MQL5 Expert Advisor (EA). There are two Python scripts: one to run the trained ONNX model from TensorFlow, and another script that uses libraries to fetch news from the internet, read the headlines, and quantify media sentiment using AI. This is one possible solution, but there are many ways and different sources to obtain the sentiment of a stock or symbol. Once the model and sentiment are obtained, if both values are in agreement, the order is executed by the EA.

Author: Javier Santiago Gaston De Iriarte Cabrera

Hi guys, remember this bot is not complete. It has bugs, like the DL model creates again and again each day, you don't need to make a model every day, a model can be used for 3 o 6 months (depending on the data used to create the model), you must learn and understand how it works so you can fix it when a problem occurs. But the idea I think its cool. I hope you like this and would be glad to hear feedback.

If you want me to do a complete bot, you can say it to me here, and I could make one to sell in the store. Articles are for every one to learn. If you want me to compromise with the bot and you don't want to learn, please tell me so, and tell me how many of you would be interested in buying a monthly subscription to the bot, and I would make one and keep it tuned up and actualized. I don't have one at the moment, because I have tried that and have not made sales. So I don't want to invest time in something its not going to give me back sales. Pleas give me back feedback. If there are sufficient subscribers for a bot made by me, I could do a bot that works, give back returns (past results don't mean future results ... but if you don't like the bot you could unsubscribe), and would not be very expensive. I'm telling you this, because I spent lots of money in bots, that now even don't exist, so I lost all that money. I can make one for my readers that would be the same one I would use for me, but to invest time, I would need to know first how much people are interested (I can do a bot for me easy, but to pass mql5.com controls you you need to work on it harder). 

I know people that read articles will probably want to make his own bot, but, I don't know where to get feedback for this, and I find this place a good one to ask.

If I had around 40 subscripts, I could make a bot, for the minimum of subscription (30 € / month) that would be very good, and I would spend the whole month as full time job with this bot, to maintain it and to make it better, I could keep actualized the bot, and the only costs to maintain would be vps (14 € a month) and the subscription, so for not a lot of money, you could have a good bot and a person working on it full time. You might find this interesting, because, you could ask for modifications and I could make them for you or for everyone. If there where only 10 persons interested, the subscription should be higher ... all depends on the number of people interested. I would love to make this a full time job, please give me feedback of your thoughts.

I'm thinking of a bot, that has deep learning, deep learning with sentiment analysis, and deep learning with some strategies with auto optimization ... so subscribers can choose & do diversification ... I could do all the models and add them to the EA, I can do all this, I have already done something similar and loaded it to the market, but didn't have sales, so I didn't work on it more and deleted it from the market. We could have a page here for the EA, where people can ask for more addons, or discuss results, to see which of the strategies fit better with which symbols .... I would love to do this, and would love to help people win more money with a small inversion.

I could keep it actualized, and make more adjustments, like, not trade if important news are coming, or make another strategy for when news come (still need to work on this, but could be added) ... I just want to find my place a job and stability, and find this a good way to help people (for example, people don't have time to learn mql5).

Conclusion: if people like this idea, I could do a really good bot, with many profitable strategies for a low price (I can't say this is gonna give you money, because no one says this is gonna give you money, you can't predict future ... and if they say so, it would probably be a scam, as I've learned so, even backtestings have been shown that can be tricked) ... but, at least I can promise I will work on it full time to make reasonable good price bot, so you don't have to spend time or computer resources doing the models etc .... I like this idea, if people find this idea interesting, please let me know. This would also be the bot I use for me, I'm searching for a job, and find this an excellent way to work on.

I you don't want to leave here a message, you can write me a private message to discuss this. I would love to work on this, and sell for the minimum, If some one can reach or get 40 subscriber it would be amazing and this could be done, I have really thought of this being a good bot, for a low price, need to live from something, so the lowest price is the minimum. I would love to get 40 subscribers minimum, to start, so after no one gets angry if price changes, the idea is to keep it at a minimum price for ever.

I would like to keep it like this, because, I got scammed thousand of dollars with bots no longer exist. Be careful with whom you buy bots from and think no one needs to learn the rough way. At least I show my face, I started a youtube channel algotradingmastery , and also in medium.com and live in Alicante Spain, so any one can come here to hit me if they feel scammed, I can bet you others don't do this, and some even delete his mql5 page after making the hit in sales and you loose a bot after paying thousands of dollars.

I know people think the bot as something without a person behind, but here is the person, I'm telling you all about me, I don't like to lie, and would like to do this to help people and create my formal job.

Sorry, I forgot to add WinUser32 to the article

Files:
WinUser32.mqh  27 kb

Hello Javier. I wish to discuss this with you in private. I sent you a friend request. Please accept that and then I will propose you something very interesting. Cheers

Hello Javier, I find your idea very interesting and I would like to discuss it with you so that we can work on it together. If the results are good, I could bring traffic to your robot, with investors ready to pay.

I have sent you a friend request to discuss it :D

Javier Santiago Gaston De Iriarte Cabrera #:

If you want me to do a complete bot, you can say it to me here, and I could make one to sell in the store. Articles are for every one to learn. If you want me to compromise with the bot and you don't want to learn, please tell me so, and tell me how many of you would be interested in buying a monthly subscription to the bot, and I would make one and keep it tuned up and actualized. I don't have one at the moment, because I have tried that and have not made sales. So I don't want to invest time in something its not going to give me back sales. Pleas give me back feedback. If there are sufficient subscribers for a bot made by me, I could do a bot that works, give back returns (past results don't mean future results ... but if you don't like the bot you could unsubscribe), and would not be very expensive. I'm telling you this, because I spent lots of money in bots, that now even don't exist, so I lost all that money. I can make one for my readers that would be the same one I would use for me, but to invest time, I would need to know first how much people are interested (I can do a bot for me easy, but to pass mql5.com controls you you need to work on it harder). 

I know people that read articles will probably want to make his own bot, but, I don't know where to get feedback for this, and I find this place a good one to ask.

hi Javier, exactly. I went on to review and experiment with the code. Did the dl model found in backtesting folder first. in this model we create a neural network to predict price of etherium based on the close history right? -> i adapted it to see if we can get the direction right. that model itself does perform little better than the toss of a coin it seems, but i look forward to adding the sentiment data to it. Or did i misunderstand the purpose of that model? 

I am currently handling the issues i get saving it as ONNX model. Helpful I guess, for learning.

Thank you for this. I will share with you once i managed to get an implementation of this going.