mql5 csv imported but not displaying volume

Hi everyone

I have a situation with mt5 where I imported and requested data on created custom symbol, but it turned out to be without volume on display which made it useless.

moreover, I have asked the data provider Tickstory.com about this and they informed me it's issue with mt5 and better to ask at mql5 forum to find solution.

kindly see screenshot of this issue and let me know if you have any solution or if you have another data source suggestion. by the way I have tried random dates and random length of data months or year, but all have the same issue!

* Note (I have searched in the forum about this issue but so far, all results I found was about volume indicator not csv volume data).

Files:
1.PNG  77 kb

cashtome:

Hi everyone

I have a situation with mt5 where I imported and requested data on created custom symbol, but it turned out to be without volume on display which made it useless.

moreover, I have asked the data provider Tickstory.com about this and they informed me it's issue with mt5 and better to ask at mql5 forum to find solution.

kindly see screenshot of this issue and let me know if you have any solution or if you have another data source suggestion. by the way I have tried random dates and random length of data months or year, but all have the same issue!

* Note (I have searched in the forum about this issue but so far, all results I found was about volume indicator not csv volume data).

Check the source file to see if volume is included 

Paul Anscombe #:

Check the source file to see if volume is included 

Hi Paul 

thank you for reply, that's smart note how come I never thought of it, thanks for the tip.

I'm shocked to see this after I opened the csv file in notepad on bar data looks all is there if I'm not mistaken. but on tick data looks many data is missing and i see digit 0.

kindly see screenshot and let me know your reading of this and confirm me if these data are incomplete and therefore unreliable and if you advise me where to get best source of data sorry if ask you too much but kind of lost brokers have poor quality of data and best of them only back to 2018.

many thanks and best regards paul

Files:
bar.png  356 kb
tick.png  337 kb

cashtome #:

Hi Paul 

thank you for reply, that's smart note how come I never thought of it, thanks for the tip.

I'm shocked to see this after I opened the csv file in notepad on bar data looks all is there if I'm not mistaken. but on tick data looks many data is missing and i see digit 0.

kindly see screenshot and let me know your reading of this and confirm me if these data are incomplete and therefore unreliable and if you advise me where to get best source of data sorry if ask you too much but kind of lost brokers have poor quality of data and best of them only back to 2018.

many thanks and best regards paul

May depend on symbol but forex volume for example is normally a simple count of the ticks in the period so tick data would have no volume or 1

Paul Anscombe #:
May depend on symbol but forex volume for example is normally a simple count of the ticks in the period so tick data would have no volume or 1

ok many thanks for confirmation Paul