Discussing the article: "Gain An Edge Over Any Market (Part II): Forecasting Technical Indicators" - page 2

Stanislav Korotky #:

Some nonsense. Averaging is digital or analogue signal processing, which is built by delaying the signal - purely by formulae. To deny it is to show illiteracy.

And there is no need to juggle with terms - of course every indicator has a current value, but it does not become more accurately predictive from this name. And to argue the fact that the last leg of a zigzag is redrawn is ridiculous. You cannot tell where the current leg of a zigzag will end until the next one appears. This means that the prediction you can make based on the statistics for the current end of the zigzag configuration will change dynamically.

You just don't know what lag is

It's when the calculation of the forecast takes longer than the forecast itself. That's it.

And you're confusing prediction with lag.

There is NOTHING to lag, the indicator shows exactly what is shown on the chart, only in a perverted form. Each indicator is twisted in its own way, but all of them show exactly the same thing that is already on the chart, because the formula is the same.

Therefore:

1. The simplest linear indicators do not lag
2. The simplest linear indicators do not have to forecast. They simply have nothing to do. There is no corresponding stuffing.

I think it can be understood in the second or third year of acquaintance with Forex.

I have always used indicators as a convenient iCustom tool for differences or any interactions with the price.

What else can you get from them? Those who write about their lag, try the opposite,

funny, stupid, etc.

Ivan Butko #:

You just don't know what lag is

It's when the calculation of a prediction takes longer than the time of the prediction itself. That's it.

And you're confusing prediction with lag.

There is NOTHING to lag, the indicator shows exactly what is shown on the chart, only in a perverted form. Each indicator is twisted in its own way, but all of them show exactly the same thing that is already on the chart, because the formula is the same.

Therefore:

1. The simplest linear indicators do not lag
2. The simplest linear indicators do not have to forecast. They simply have nothing to do. There is no corresponding stuffing.

I think you can understand this in the second or third year of acquaintance with Forex.

This is just linguistic trolling. Obvious things are mixed with terminological overtures and denial of mathematics.

I agree that indicators have nothing to predict - that's what I said from the very beginning.

Stanislav Korotky #:

It's just linguistic trolling. Obvious things mixed with terminological overtures and denial of maths.

I agree that indicators have nothing to predict - that's what I said from the beginning.

Stasnislav, how can you discuss indicators, if the price is influenced not only by a thousand indications, and there you can look for a bias in which direction, but also by the interest of the crowd and cunning schemes.

An indicator shows the current state, and the most important thing here is that it can't create paradoxes just like that.

lynxntech #:

always used indicators as a convenient iCustom tool for differences or any interactions with the price

What else can I get from them? Those who write about their lag, try it the other way round,

funny, stupid, etc.

What does this have to do with forecasting indicators?

Inadequate.

Stanislav Korotky #:

What does this have to do with the context of indicator forecasting?

Inadequate.

I'm beginning to doubt your adequacy. I'm not interested in your handbook, don't forget who you are here.

You're already brainwashed.

Stanislav Korotky #:

It's just linguistic trolling. Obvious things mixed with terminological overtures and denial of maths.

I agree that indicators have nothing to predict - that's what I said from the beginning.

No, this is an attempt to bring down

You know, when Mother says "Close the door, the air conditioner doesn't pull!", she doesn't mean temperature dissipation due to increased blowing area. No, she means that the air conditioner will "break down!".

Or father forbade to play console on TV because the kinescope will "go down".

And what the first one pulls, and what the second one will go down - it doesn't matter to them, the main thing is their habitual belief.

So, the notion "lagging" in the context of linear indicator is linguistic trolling. By themselves.

Мы будем использовать ту же схему кодирования для изменений скользящей средней: целевое значение 1 означает, что будущее значение скользящей средней в следующих 60 свечах будет больше, и наоборот, целевое значение 0 означает, что значение скользящей средней снизится в течение следующих 60 свечей.

Gamuchirai Zororo Ndawana, I think the classification error will strongly depend on the distance of the price from the SMA at the time of the forecast. Check this if it's not too much trouble.

Full moon - the inadequates are on edge.

Stanislav Korotky #:

Some nonsense. Averaging is digital or analogue signal processing, which is built by delaying the signal - purely by formulae. To deny it is to show illiteracy.

And there is no need to juggle with terms - of course every indicator has a current value, but it does not become more accurately predictive from this name. And to dispute the fact that the last segment of a zigzag is redrawn is ridiculous. You can't tell where the current leg of a zigzag will end until the next leg appears. This means that the prediction that can be made based on the statistics for the current end of the zigzag configuration will change dynamically.

you're taking liberties with the concepts of "redrawing" and "not redrawing".

because in your interpretation, everything is redrawn:

-- a price chart redraws because it has a current bar forming and it's not stable.

-- the MA is redrawing because the value on the current bar is forming and is unstable

-- etc.

any indicator consists of elements -- the current element (if its construction involves unformed other elements, for example, the current bar) is always formed -- there are one-bar elements (MA, price chart), N-bar elements (fractal), X-bar elements (there is no exact number of bars in an element, for example, Zig-Zag).

formation and instability of the current element does not make the indicator redrawing.

p.s. if you think of replying to my post -- do not use the phrases "rubbish", "show illiteracy", etc. -- conduct the discussion correctly and reasonably -- otherwise the discussion has no sense