Discussing the article: "Creating a market making algorithm in MQL5" - page 2

MrBrooklin #:

Hi Alexei, thanks for the clarification. )) When I wrote my message, I was relying on the same documentation (highlighted in yellow):

Regards, Vladimir.

This is the description of the PositionGetTicket function, and you said "regarding the use of the PositionSelectByTicket() function"

Alexey Viktorov #:

This is a description of the PositionGetTicket function, and you said "regarding the use of the PositionSelectByTicket() function"

Yes, I meant that the PositionSelectByTicket() function is no longer needed when you have PositionGetTicket(i). ))

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin #:

Thearticle should not be read diagonally, but from beginning to end, i.e. completely, then such questions will not arise.

Icompletely agree with Alexey Viktorov's criticism about using thePositionSelectByTicket() functionwhen a ticket has already been selected without it. By the way, I did not pay attention to it myself.

But thanks for the article anyway!

Regards, Vladimir.

Ooh, that's a mess.

though.

it's not surprising at all.

Friends, I have not been in the topic of writing EAs for a long time. I started writing code literally two years ago.

I admit that I am not a master. So in the code I made, because I thought that otherwise the code will not work multicurrency, because the goal then to introduce a lot of symbols, on each of which the EA will work through string symb.

I would very much like to write articles and describe ideas. I have 8 versions of this code alone, with different formulas for centring the spread and determining the delta, and for the speed of opening and executing orders, and other principles.

I hope the administration will not forbid me to write articles because I am not a guru.

Yevgeniy Koshtenko #:
I would very much like to write articles and describe ideas. I have 8 versions of this code alone, with different formulas for centring the spread and determining the delta, and for the speed of opening and executing orders, and other principles.

I hope the administration will not forbid me to write articles because I am not a guru.

The idea of your Expert Advisor is clear and quite working. I slightly improved it and instead of OnTick() function applied OnTimer() with millisecond interval, which can be changed in external settings. I got a more interesting picture of the passed test. For the sake of experiment, try it yourself.

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin #:

Thank you, Eugene, for the article! Many gaps in the puzzle of my knowledge of the currency market have been almost completely filled in.

There is one single nuance: some readers of your article may not start the Expert Advisor in the strategy tester if the currency pair being tested has a suffix or prefix. They should take this into account and specify it in the settings of the Expert Advisor parameters.

Otherwise - everything is SUPER!!!

Regards, Vladimir.

yes. yes - everything is super and there is no nuance.
Some readers - if there is no brains - the author has entered external symbol name - if they do not know how to enter the correct symbol name from the market review - then the problem of writing is on their side - the Expert Advisor should not be started in the tester with a crooked symbol name.
This can be mentioned in a note - that you should pay attention to the correctness of the symbol name from the market overview of your broker for tests.

In general, I liked the article. We are waiting for the continuation - multicurrency and with low drawdown and much more profit!!!!
PS on the essence of writing symbols - it is possible when writing a non-existing symbol from the Market Watch to throw an alert box on the screen - that the symbol " " you have entered is absent in the Market Watch in the lists - try again.

Thank you, Eugene, for your article.
In general, an important and very broad topic has been touched upon here.
I believe that the main thesis in the article has been proved: "The task of a market maker is not to make "a lot of money" (which he already has in fact), but to support the market in unstable moments so as not to undermine investors' confidence in this or that financial institution".

Aleksandr Seredin #:
I believe that the main thesis in the article has been proved: "The task of a market maker is not to make "a lot of money" (which he already has in fact), but to support the market in unstable moments in order not to undermine investors' confidence in this or that financial institution".

Just the opposite is true.

A market maker makes money. A lot or a little - as he manages. It's just that he does it in a form that enhances liquidity. If a market maker faces the prospect of losses, he gives it up, which is often the case in times of increased volatility.

And the article is about nothing at all. The author is not even familiar with the market maker's work. He wrote what he could - an ordinary net-maker.

Before placing orders, one should determine at what prices it should be done. And when bids are set, determine how to rearrange them. Remove them in moments of increased volatility. Move them closer/farther away depending on the volume of the position in hand.

Read the classic article "High-frequency trading in a limit order book" by MARCO AVELLANEDA and SASHA STOIKOV. Google knows how to find it.

Aleksandr Seredin #:
I believe that the main thesis of the article has been proved: "The task of a market maker is not to make "a lot of money" (which he already has in fact), but to support the market in unstable moments in order not to undermine investors' confidence in this or that financial institution".
to the point, yes. Only thing is that fwiw these mm dead on moex..... don't work.....
Reason: