AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 143

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

Well, I'm not contradicting you. There was a thesis that information transfer is a certain physical process, strictly defined. Logic bug, it is always a process, but they are different processes, and they are not strictly defined.

What's the difference? What are the properties of matter that precisely put an end to the possibility of full simulation on some super-computer?

can't be matter some form of information, because matter is matter and information is information

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

can't be matter some form of information, because matter is matter and information is information.

And on what basis did you divide them so strictly?

Valeriy Yastremskiy#:

very strange idea that there is besides the usual for physics entities in the form of matter, electromagnetic and gravitational fields one more entity, it is information. When this discovery occurred, I would like to read.))))))

Not "another entity", but all matter is information. And its entire existence, given the possibility of fixing/reflecting/seeing it in any way, directly indicates that it describes itself. In the ordinary world we describe complex forms of matter by simple generalised attributes, coded simplified information, but it "knows everything" about itself (possesses the entirety of information about its essence), which it is simply by virtue of the fact that it exists as it is (at the level of basic mechanisms of matter).

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

No, I read Panchin))))) I'm not trying to disbelieve in any way) I just agree with him, from the last one, Faith is an error of logic.

But it's one of the holy mistakes, so I'm not even trying))))))

It's a bit of a pain in the arse, I guess.

Ilya Filatov #:

And on what basis do you divide them so strictly?

They're different terms. On what basis did you lump them together? 😀 because in minecraft you can make a game within a game? Well put 2 mirrors in front of you and then find yourself in a multi-dimensional space with your doubles as well.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
They're different terms. On what grounds did you conflate them?

Just because I don't see any compelling reason not to. And the terms are different, that's how people came up with them. It used to be thought that the world existed for 6 thousand years, that's no reason to blindly believe in "terms".

Ilya Filatov #:

Just because I don't see any compelling reason not to. And the terms are different, that's how people came up with them. It used to be thought that the world existed for 6 thousand years, that's no reason to blindly believe "terms".

Make up your own, why spoil the already good ones?

Ilya Filatov #:

What's the difference? Here are the properties of matter that would put a definite stop to the possibility of a full simulation on some super-computer?

Why? Physics is complicated as it is. Why make it more complicated?
CCDs were the first steps in cellular memory. At that time it was not identified that these cells are also information) although charge bonding has a direct relation to the amount of information. It's complicated without it.)

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

can't be matter is some form of information, because matter is matter, and information is information.

Yes!!! And information can be different))))))

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:
Why? Physics is complicated as it is. Why complicate it?

Why make it simple?)))