AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 188

I'll wrap up chapter one today with a third hint at the ending:

A mature person never chooses fantasies, but acts like an AI - maximising time efficiency, prioritising and being constantly aware of their activities. That's probably why immature people are afraid of AI - because they don't know how to do that. (But they can learn.)

Реter Konow #:

I'll wrap up the first chapter today with a third hint of the ending:

A mature person never chooses fantasies, but acts like an AI - maximising time efficiency, prioritising and being constantly aware of their activities. That's probably why immature people are afraid of AI - because they don't know how to do that. (But they can learn.)

I disagree, an "AI" acts the way it has been programmed or trained to act. It has no will of its own. Since it was trained by intelligent people, that's why immature or stupid people are afraid of it (not really, they just don't care). Just like a lot of smart people don't care, it's just not in their area of interest.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

I disagree, an "AI" acts as it has been programmed or trained. It has no will of its own. Since it was trained by people who are not stupid, so immature or stupid people are afraid of it (not really, they just don't care). Just like a lot of smart people don't care, it's just not in their area of interest.

Well, I didn't mean that literally. That's just for the sake of a pretty word. Modern AI is incapable of acting on its own in human conditions. It doesn't even have such algorithms. However, the concept of such an AI has been around for a long time and it has often been portrayed in films. That's why I wrote it that way.

Tomorrow I want to talk about the three divisions of the human brain (the "reptilian", limbic and neocortex) and why AI would presumably vastly outperform humans in rationality. (As a consequence of the hypertrophy of neocortex functions).

It is not exactly idle chatter about the AI's coverage of the world. Another thing is that LLM is obviously an unsuitable candidate for the role of such an AI, since it is just a probabilistic language model. Imho, it is unlikely that mankind is able to create such AI at all, together with conditions for its boundless evolution. For even retraining the same LLM is an extremely costly endeavour.

Probably already posted, but I'll post again a good video on the topic of zochvat:

Реter Konow #:

The channels through which the subconscious mind is influenced are numerous. The more a person is open to external information - TV, YouTube, Netflix, X, etc., the more his consciousness is exposed to structured influence from the outside, and the less strength he has to resist. Critical thinking must be developed, and it cannot develop normally under the pressure of attacks on the subconscious from all sides. Does a person's defence not work? - The defence is removed by broadcasting some kind of moral pleasure. His subconsciousness gets used to it and remains always open.

"The White Cane, 7.62 calibre" comes to mind.

JRandomTrader #:
"7.62 calibre white cane" comes to mind.

Are you referring to the LLM? )) Good. In the end, it doesn't matter who the author is. I'm not going to ask for an award. By the way. I already have one award from my 21st year. Perhaps when this thread is finished, I'll apply for it.))

Yesterday's start was a bit of a blur. That's okay. A bit over the top - two layers, hidden context, hints with an asterisk.... In the mode of unpredictable reactions it can't be realised. So, let's simplify the task.

As I started, I will continue to outline the key topic -"The Rise of AI", but in parallel I will touch on such things as social competition, conditions of capitalism, market and subconsciousness. One of the main questions to which the goal is to find an answer is:"How and why does a person spend a lot of time, health and energy on useless activities?" Or in short, the topic can be called "Irrational waste of irreplaceable resources syndrome". Although you can try it this way: "Unexpressed infantilism of personality leading to total failure in the conditions of social competition". I have not yet come up with a final title, and it is open for discussion. I should add that I am pursuing this topic because of my bitter experience and I believe it is necessary to understand and deal with it in order to help myself and others save precious time.

Thus, we are creating a hybrid of two topics. First we look at the Object ("Rise of the AI") and then our view of it - asking why we are looking at it, what it gives us, and whether it (the object) is worth the time spent. And if the object isn't worth it, we will perform a procedure to extract it from our subconscious. That's the plan.

Let us briefly run through the contents of the preface and the first chapter:

Preface:

• Tells of a fascination with science fiction and technology from an early age. About books read and films seen.
  • Shared my personal bitter experience - told about wasting many years of my life on a project that brought me nothing but disappointment.
  • I started looking for reasons and mistakes. Tried to find a catch in myself, people or society.
  • About how I began to value time, to be careful and sceptical about my choice of activities.
  • ... Everything was going well.
  • And then, from the dark depths of subconsciousness, painfully familiar topics began to penetrate into my barely awakened mind again, imperceptibly entangling my thoughts and leading me into the world of forgotten dreams: AI Uprising, AGI, LLM, GPT, VR, robots, generations, neurochips...). And before I knew it, I was being pulled back to the old path.
  • And that's when I said to myself, "Stop! I don't want a repeat of the old scenario , let's get into this one for good .".

Chapter one:

And so, instead of just abandoning the topic and doing something else, the decision was made to spend time on it. But not like before. This time the goal was to find the answer to the to the question"Why am I interested in this?". After all, there must be a clear explanation, right? And there certainly was. The question led to a logical chain of new reasoning - If I am interested in it, but I cannot explain why - then the answer lies in the subconscious. It must be opened. If something is there, it must have got there somehow. Consequently, someone or something brought this material (ideas, thoughts) into my subconsciousness from outside. So there is some external source, which secretly influences the brain. What is this source/trasmitter/transmitter, what and why does it load into my subcortex? Okay, where do I get my information from? From social media, YouTube, TV and MSM in general. What kind of content do I watch? About politics, about tech... And why do I watch it? - I get moral satisfaction. So the news channels broadcast moral satisfaction to my brain, I experience moral satisfaction and it makes me consume their content over and over again? Apparently, yes. And why do they do it? - They run channels because it's their business. They're making money. It's a market. So it is profitable for them to create an information heat around their content. This heat burns the brain and gets you hooked on the hype. Crowds of people like me hype together in the comments and rock the information wave around a topic even more. The higher the wave, the more profit for the author. Don't forget, WE ARE IN THE MARKET, and there all sellers are always shouting. And so, logically approached buyers and sellers. Sellers use any means to make buyers believe that they should buy their goods. That's the law of the marketplace.

Therefore, working with the subconscious mind and suggestion of anything is an integral derivative of the market process.

So I was compelled by the salesmen? - Yes! And Stanislaw Lem was one of them...

Реter Konow #:
we will perform a procedure to extract it from our subconscious.

exorcism

That is, the "sellers" who indoctrinated me to buy their books for their particularly fascinating content are Stanislaw Lem, Ray Bradbury, H.G. Wells, and the whole league of science fiction writers I've read or watched in film adaptations. They prepared a springboard in my subconscious from childhood and paved it with fertile ground on which all these ideas about AI and interests in technology later grew. But did it do me any good? We can say unequivocally that if this content is not removed from the head in time, the harm to the personality will be inevitable. And the older a person thinking in such categories and living in such worlds, the worse it is for him. I repeat - this opinion is based on personal experience.