AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 141

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

It's a mess. What's a non-physical process? The transfer of information is a physical process.

entropy is related to the amount of information in a system.

By the way, earlier I repeatedly specified that information is transmitted by waves and other physical processes and gave examples.

about the obligatory participation of the nervous system in the storage and transmission of information in general, it's just a kind of obscurantism and medievalism, my opponents don't want to answer the questions I posed).

without information transfer man would never know about stars, moreover, complete absence of information transfer by means of physical processes implies complete impenetrability of space, in such environment all kinds of energy and information transfer are absent and intelligent life is impossible in principle. in other words, intelligent life is possible only due to permeability of space and possibility of information transfer.

So, in the question of what came before, the chicken or the egg, information or intelligent life, the answer is obvious.

Andrey Dik #:

By the way, earlier I repeatedly specified that information is transmitted by waves and other physical processes and gave examples.

about the obligatory participation of the nervous system in the storage and transmission of information in general, it's just a kind of obscurantism and medievalism, my opponents don't want to answer the questions I posed).

without information transfer man would never know about stars, moreover, complete absence of information transfer by means of physical processes implies complete impenetrability of space, in such environment all kinds of energy and information transfer are absent and intelligent life is impossible in principle. in other words, intelligent life is possible only due to space permeability and possibility of information transfer.

So, in the question of what came before, the chicken or the egg, information or intelligent life, the answer is obvious.

I didn't even expect it from you) Max is a philosopher (great) )))).

What information is measured in, what it is, what it can be measured and recorded with. Simple questions)))))) Just for me, a person who was engaged in lasers, how electrons jump from orbit to orbit, and the probability of this jump to calculate, is very strange the idea that there is besides the usual for physics entities in the form of matter, electromagnetic and gravitational fields one more entity, this is information. When this discovery occurred, I would like to read.))))))))

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

I didn't even expect that from you. Max is okay, he's a philosopher. )))).

What information is measured in, what it is, what it can be measured and recorded with. Simple questions)))))) Just for me, a person who was engaged in lasers, how electrons jump from orbit to orbit, and the probability of this jump to calculate, is very strange the idea that there is besides the usual for physics entities in the form of matter, electromagnetic and gravitational fields one more entity, this is information. When this discovery occurred, I'd like to read.))))))))

Well, you what? In bits and qubits. What's going on?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Come on. In bits and qubits.

Maths, addition, subtraction and solving equations is also a physical process)))))) A child thinks, a calculator counts, a programme in a computer also moves electrons. Physics, what can I say))))))

I like it, the smartest face is usually the stupid one, because it's hard for him to think)))))) (the original was about the cook, but I didn't want to offend anyone).

This is a comparison to understand that information and its production is different for different subjects, not to hurt anyone)))))

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

Maths, addition, subtraction and solving equations then is also a physical process)))))) The child thinks, the calculator counts, the programme in the computer also moves electrons. Physics, what can I say?))))

I like it, the smartest face is usually the stupid one, because it's hard for him to think)))))) (the original was about the cook, but I didn't want to offend anyone).

This is a comparison to understand that the information and its production in different subjects is different, not to hurt anyone))))
It's a mess again
Informatics, there is such a discipline.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

I didn't even expect that from you. Max is okay, he's a philosopher. )))).

What information is measured in, what it is, what it can be measured and recorded with. Simple questions)))))) Just for me, a person who was engaged in lasers, how electrons jump from orbit to orbit, and the probability of this jump to calculate, is very strange the idea that there is besides the usual for physics entities in the form of matter, electromagnetic and gravitational fields one more entity, this is information. When this discovery occurred, I would like to read.))))))))

What's wrong with that? Information transfer is a physical process, information itself is not a physical process. What's confusing about that? Name is not a physical process, name transfer is a physical process.))) - Before creating a registry office record, one must first at least say it out loud - i.e., through sound waves transfer information.
Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Well you what... in bits and qubits. What has started?

well, shame on the forum of programmers do not know what information is measured in)))))

by the way, this is how a person measures it (some loupe-eyed seven-tailed nine-legged guy measures it in other units).

Andrey Dik #:
what's wrong with that? information transfer is a physical process, information itself is not a physical process. what's confusing about that? Name is not a physical process, name transfer is a physical process.)

Well, shame on the programmers' forum, they don't know what information is measured in))))))

by the way, it's a human being who measures in such a way (some loupe-eyed seven-tailed nine-legged guy measures in other units).

It's a nightmare and a mess

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Come on, in bits and qubits. What's going on?

It's understandable, numbers also have a dimension. How to measure bits, qubits physically, well, and numbers too)))))) Weigh, gravitational or any other field?

Besides, the example about the difference of behaviour of particles with and without an observer is not accepted unconditionally by the scientific community. So it's not much of a pruf.

And to me it's not a purely set experiment, as Feynman would say)))))

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

It is clear, numbers also have a dimension. How to measure bits, qubits physically, well, and numbers too)))))) Weigh, gravitationally or by some other field?

Besides, the example about the difference of behaviour of particles with and without an observer is not accepted unconditionally by the scientific community. So it's not much of a pruf.

And to me it's not a purely set experiment, as Feynman would say)))))

they are non-material objects, they don't need to be physically measured.

Oh, my goodness, the princess is in shock.

how did you invent lasers?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

are NON-MATERIAL objects, they don't need to be physically measured.

Oh, my goodness, the princess is in shock.

How did you invent lasers?

LIKE)))