why mt5 or mt4 charts and cursor are lagging when zoom out or run on multiple instances - page 3

Alexander Atilla Kallai #:

its an 2022 razer advanced 11 i7 geforce 3060 8 gb 32 gigs. temp is ok qwith 70c cpu usage is at 3% with mt5 windows. its just lagging.. when i go to 1080 resolution its almost gone but still visible. yes its lagging on single screen laptop as well. everytime its on 4k and maxed out zoom its going bad. ctrader and every other platform has no issues.. ive checked and researched and some people say its cuz mt5 is still GDI based and windows dropped native gdi support after windows 7. 

try different device and see if you have same issue. But in my experience, high end laptops are shit. Especially when it comes to handling heat. The reason they cost more is because the makers and stores keep high number of them in the back room to replace the ones that overheat and blowup. (yes it was expensive it its day)

Gaurang.Nadig #:

I am experiencing the same issue. When I close MT5 my laptop works fine. No lag at all. When I launch MT5 again the mouse lag starts immediately. I am not using any indicators, nor do I have any objects on my single instance. 

- MT5 recently did an update so is it possible that it is due to the patch?

- Is there a way to rollback to the older version? It didn't seem to happen with the older version. (currently running build 4153 - Jan 22)

- Does anyone know if they are aware of the issue and working on updating again?

(Apologies for all the questions)

exaclty that. think this is with the new updates. 

Revo Trades #:

try different device and see if you have same issue. But in my experience, high end laptops are shit. Especially when it comes to handling heat. The reason they cost more is because the makers and stores keep high number of them in the back room to replace the ones that overheat and blowup. (yes it was expensive it its day)

as i mentioned ive tried it with several devices. from a standard gaming pc from my friend that runs pretty high end specs. 64 gigs ddr5, ryzen 9 , 4090 geforce and still same issues. ive used my 2 laptops once dell xps with geforce 3080 and one razer blade 15 advanced with geforce 4060. its unusable. the moment u work on 2k or 4k its bogs down.. also if u have several charts open. ive run DAS trader and ctrader and they r lightning fast. INSTANT execution .. 

as i mentioned ive tried it with several devices. from a standard gaming pc from my friend that runs pretty high end specs. 64 gigs ddr5, ryzen 9 , 4090 geforce and still same issues. ive used my 2 laptops once dell xps with geforce 3080 and one razer blade 15 advanced with geforce 4060. its unusable. the moment u work on 2k or 4k its bogs down.. also if u have several charts open. ive run DAS trader and ctrader and they r lightning fast. INSTANT execution .. 

maybe your internet is bad or if you are using wifi, then you shouldnt.

I use mt5 on 4k and 8k screens on almost daily basis, using crosshair, and I do not get any of the issues you have demonstrated. And i have older computers, to boot.

But as i am a computer techie -- you've got me curious. I will monitor this page -- even pin it to top of browser.

wish you good luck.

Gaurang.Nadig #:

I am experiencing the same issue. When I close MT5 my laptop works fine. No lag at all. When I launch MT5 again the mouse lag starts immediately. I am not using any indicators, nor do I have any objects on my single instance. 

- MT5 recently did an update so is it possible that it is due to the patch?

- Is there a way to rollback to the older version? It didn't seem to happen with the older version. (currently running build 4153 - Jan 22)

- Does anyone know if they are aware of the issue and working on updating again?

(Apologies for all the questions)

search in telegram Metatraders Archive.

When did you initially observe this occurrence? Have you verified with your broker if there have been any changes in the server's location or if maintenance is required?

disable use of the gfx card in mt5 settings. see if that makes a difference.

exaclty that. think this is with the new updates. 

i am running 4160 now, but i had to download the setup file from my broker to get it. the update menu wouldnt go above 4153.

WARNING: I DON'T RECOMMEND UPDATING to the above 4160 or 4162.

I just now found out these are beta builds. I was not aware of this before I installed it.

see https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/461795

in journal: pages of Chart: Saved.
in journal: pages of Chart: Saved.
  • www.mql5.com
What is this...