Discussing the article: "Modified Grid-Hedge EA in MQL5 (Part II): Making a Simple Grid EA" - page 2

Roman Shiredchenko #:

in the picture 100,000.00 - discrepancy with the report - incorrect source data....

Are you doing this on purpose?

Ohh, That was not at all on purpose, I would never do such a thing. It was a mistake. Though the main idea behind the graph was to explain the key problems in the strategy. That were later explained by marking red circle on those key points on the plot. But thanks for pointing it out, I will be careful with these things from next time.

Thanks

Roman Shiredchenko #:

for the trading approach and its implementation in the code on mql5 - thank you.

You are very welcome. And again sorry for a few silly mistakes I made. Really appreciate you investing your time to point those out, I will be more mindful about my research from next time.

Thanks 

Kailash Bai Mina #:
paid attention

Yes. No problem - I'm in the topic myself - I see it all at once - I trade on the real market myself with rollovers and pullbacks.....

The topic is interesting - I even reread it - everything is clear at once and you just look at it again.... when this material is already known....

now I adjust optimal values myself and continue trading....

one point I wanted to clarify myself, I will check it again: in your article - you write that to work out the volumes of the next position to be opened - you write that it is not necessary to normalise to the 2nd digit - i.e. from the coefficient of 1.5 and less - just multiply by the previous lot and that's all.....

I'll check again. I think I have and with normalisation to the 2nd decimal place - everything increases and opens volumes ok. I'll check again.....

Thanks for the content! By re-reading it myself you sometimes come to interesting things on refinement of trading strategy..... if anything I can share them later......

Roman Shiredchenko #:

Yes. No problem - I'm in the topic myself - I see it all at once - I trade on the real market myself with rollovers and pullbacks.....

The topic is interesting - I even reread it - everything is clear at once and you just look at it again.... when this material is already known....

now I adjust optimal values myself and continue trading....

one point I wanted to clarify myself, I will check it again: in your article - you write that to work out the volumes of the next position to be opened - you write that it is not necessary to normalise to the 2nd digit - i.e. from the coefficient of 1.5 and less - just multiply by the previous lot and that's all.....

I'll check again. I think I have and with normalisation to the 2nd decimal place - everything increases and opens volumes ok. I'll check again.....

Thanks for the content! By re-reading it myself you sometimes come to interesting things on refinement of trading strategy..... if anything I can share them later......

I am glad, my article intrigue you and it's all making sense to you, it only means my goal of connecting to the readers is being achieved.

Regarding your doubt, while opening the position we must normalize the lot size but while multiplying the new lot sizee with multiplier again, should we normalize the new value before proceeding further and asnwer is No we should not normalize the new value as we will stuck in a loop for the case where multiplier is 1.5 and initial lot size is 0.01 as explained in the article.

If you see any moer mistake, Please point them out to me as it will help me write better articles in future. Really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Kailash Bai Mina #:

I'm glad that my article intrigued you and that it all makes sense to you, meaning that my goal of connecting with readers has been achieved.

Regarding your doubt, when opening a position we have to normalise the lot size, but when multiplying the new lot size by the multiplier again, do we have to normalise the new value before continuing and the answer is no, we don't have to normalise the new value as we will be stuck in a loop for the case where the multiplier is 1.5 and the initial lot size is 0.01 as explained in the article.

If you see any other errors, please point them out to me as it will help me write better articles in the future. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Thank you for the article. I will use your code in bidding after optimisation!
Looking forward to the continuation! The topic - articles are very interesting!