MT4 script/plugin to modify TP in bulk for a given pair?

I use a martingale strategy in MT4 (not MT5 yet), and sometimes it is obvious price is going to overshoot my TP. I want to be able to change the TP on all open trades simultaneously for a given pair. It would help to be able to enter bulk SL as well for a pair, especially to enter bulk trailing stop. Does anyone know of such a script? 

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

• Usually people who can't code don't receive free help on this forum.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community. Use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.
  • To learn MQL4 programming, you can research the many available Articles on the subject, or examples in the Codebase, as well as reference the online Documentation.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free). However, recommendations or suggestions for Market products are not allowed on the forum, so you will have to do your own research.
  • Finally, you also have the option to hire a programmer in the Freelance section.

1. platonicbomb: I use a martingale strategy in MT4

Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
              Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
              Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
              Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
              THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

2. platonicbomb: . I want to be able to change the TP on all open trades simultaneously for a given pair.

There is no such thing. You can only change one order after another.

Fernando Carreiro #:
  • Usually people who can't code don't receive free help on this forum.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community. Use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.
  • To learn MQL4 programming, you can research the many available Articles on the subject, or examples in the Codebase, as well as reference the online Documentation.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free). However, recommendations or suggestions for Market products are not allowed on the forum, so you will have to do your own research.
  • Finally, you also have the option to hire a programmer in the Freelance section.

Who asked for free help? Don't people sell scripts and plugins here? Either someone has created one that I can buy, or I'll create it myself. I searched the Market before asking.

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking for anything free; in fact I'm considering buying this script:[redacted by moderator] It just doesn't look like many people have used it, which makes me wonder whether it works.

platonicbomb #: Who asked for free help? Don't people sell scripts and plugins here? Either someone has created one that I can buy, or I'll create it myself. I searched the Market before asking.

As already stated in my post — "... recommendations or suggestions for Market products are not allowed on the forum, so you will have to do your own research."

William Roeder #:
Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum

Thanks for your feedback. I'm aware of the risks. Been making 10-25% per month since April, took out my initial investment twice already. Eight months in, the bot had its first losing day on Tuesday: -0.2%, swap fees were greater than nominal profit on an EURGBP trade. Obviously the bot isn't doubling down as it scales in. The exponent bases are 0.05-1.25. But sure, odds are it will blow up my account one day... if I don't close the position first, if I don't add funds to support margin health, if I start with too large of a lot size, etc etc. The risk is real. 

So... the script I'm looking for is impossible? My wife coded one this afternoon, still debugging... not working yet, so maybe you are correct. 

platonicbomb #:

Thanks for your feedback. I'm aware of the risks. Been making 10-25% per month since April, took out my initial investment twice already. Eight months in, the bot had its first losing day on Tuesday: -0.2%, swap fees were greater than nominal profit on an EURGBP trade. Obviously the bot isn't doubling down as it scales in. The exponent bases are 0.05-1.25. But sure, odds are it will blow up my account one day... if I don't close the position first, if I don't add funds to support margin health, if I start with too large of a lot size, etc etc. The risk is real. 

So... the script I'm looking for is impossible? My wife coded one this afternoon, still debugging... not working yet, so maybe you are correct. 

It is very possible to create a script to apply bulk SL or TP's at the same time. Here's one way:

1) Script 1 to create a horizontal line specific to the Symbol. If it is on EURUSD the script will create a horizontal lined call EURUSD_TP

2) Move horizontal line to TP price location.

3) Script 2 to set all TP values of the 'Symbol_TP' to the horizontal line price. 

You can actually combine that all into 1 Script.

platonicbomb: I use a martingale strategy in MT4 (not MT5 yet), and sometimes it is obvious price is going to overshoot my TP. I want to be able to change the TP on all open trades simultaneously for a given pair. It would help to be able to enter bulk SL as well for a pair, especially to enter bulk trailing stop. Does anyone know of such a script? 

It is not possible to update orders "simultaneously". They have to be updated synchronously in sequence one after the other.

Updating them in "bulk", would mean having a MQL program update them together to the same SL/TP levels, as fast as possible, but still synchronously one order at a time.