Is it common to Buy Above and Sell Bellow with Bollinger bands ? - page 2

phade #:
Never do this, and stop using the bollingers that way.
Professional traders would never do this
Stop saying what to do or not do. As long as he can build a profitable strategy, it's surely not wrong. This for all things into the world, result is the only valuable thing, not the path.

Fabio Cavalloni #:
Stop saying what to do or not do. As long as he can build a profitable strategy, it's surely not wrong. This for all things into the world, result is the only valuable thing, not the path.
I just thought it was a dangerous strategy surely with low RR, that's all.

phade #:
I just thought it was a dangerous strategy and surely with low RR, that's all.
This is surely true, and other people already said that.
Anyway better to have a profitable strategy with low RR, instead of losing strategy with high RR.
He's making his studies and researches.

Fine. Just giving my opinion. BB can be a fantastic indicator when used in other ways.

phade #:
Fine. Just giving my opinion. BB can be a fantastic indicator when used in other ways.
All indicators can be good as long as you find a good way to combine them and build a solid strategy. Nothing is always perfect or always wrong :-)

Fabio Cavalloni #:
All indicators can be good as long as you find a good way to combine them and build a solid strategy. Nothing is always perfect or always wrong :-)
Yes, I agree. There is no right or wrong in the markets. There are just some basic dont's that should be always respected.

Anyways, no broker cares about the trading style, and if you blow the account, they don't care.

I also agree with not to discourage someone who is exploring possibilities.

I myself began once with BBs and I learned from that.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Anyways, no broker cares about the trading style, and if you blow the account, they don't care.

this might be true for many brokers, although some brokers and especially prop firms do care about trading style, and have very strict rules including very strict drawdowns. so the account could be blown in no time

phade #:

this might be true for many brokers, although some brokers and especially prop firms do care about trading style, and have very strict rules including very strict drawdowns. so the account could be blown in no time

Prop firms have rules, but they are not brokers....

I don't know of any broker imposing trading rules on their users, except for EA usage, maybe.

And I do not consider Symbol or Account specs to be broker rules in this sense.

well one big rule on brokers is to keep your account margin above the minimum required level, or else there will be a margin call and it's goodbye funds

If the strategy is to buy high and sell low, it will be easy to reach the margin call, so I was just trying to warn (or save him) before he progresses with this trading strategy on live account

phade #:

well one big rule on brokers is to keep your account margin above the minimum required level, or else there will be a margin call and it's goodbye funds

If the strategy is to buy high and sell low, it will be easy to reach the margin call, so I was just trying to warn (or save him) before he progresses with this trading strategy on live account

Margin call with 1 trade means to use a gambler money management, it will be a failure regardless of the strategy!