Market rules - page 2

Thomas Bradley Butler #:

what do you mean?  No hoops, some people ask for the previous version. I update them and change parameters or have optimized versions some people run out of downloads or whatever, some want the previous version.

And with the signature solution you can be sure that if a person has not purchased the original product they wont be able to use it .

You are putting work load on your end by manually addressing (and checking) the requests for older versions .

And you are putting extra steps on the clients -the real ones- who have purchased your product and want an older version.

The only upside is the communication with the clients , which will happen anyway even if you place a very visible link in the overview for getting older versions .

Thomas Bradley Butler #:

I just dont want to break a rule.  If I say in the description get the previous version free, then come to find out that is not allowed. I'll just contact the desk on it

There is no such rule up to this point . 

The mod shared an opinion and it is an opinion that scared you into being penalized.

-moderators have nothing to do with metaquotes they are just users like you and me who can delete stuff and talk to the admins directly-

older versions have nuances that maybe the new version lacks so I have posts with pics in the comments that can't be deleted, and they are of previous versions.

Thomas Bradley Butler #:
older versions have nuances that maybe the new version lacks so I have posts with pics in the comments that can't be deleted, and they are of previous versions.

i understand yeah . And the user starts reading the comments from the start gradually and maybe the selling point is in seeing one of those screenshots of a feature no longer available.(usually when they reach the point of convinction to buy they just go ahead and do it)

You could also tell them to message you for older versions and then send them the sig-ed version manually . Will score you more points in the quality of support provided . 

Yes

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic posts".

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Variations of the same product are also forbidden.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

1. The Seller shall not publish multiple copies of Products, which are based on the same idea and differ only in input parameter settings, symbols, and/or timeframes. Creation of similar Products having slightly changed descriptions and/or design shall be considered as spam and lead to the removal of all detected copies from the Market showcase, while the Seller shall be banned from all paid MQL5.com services.
Well, that's what I was aiming at. It doesn't make sense to change a product fundamentally and just apply a new version number.

Instead, it should be as the original product was, in such way, you don't need the previous one.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Well, that's what I was aiming at. It doesn't make sense to change a product fundamentally and just apply a new version number.

Instead, it should be as the original product was, in such way, you don't need the previous one.

i said nothing about adding a bunch of variations.  

Thomas Bradley Butler #:
Yes
One option could be to have both versions in the product, and let an input selector determine which version you want to use.

Another option would be to implement the product as a library, distribute the library for free as market product and sell the frame-EA that loads the library to use.

This way, the customer can choose the library he downloads and only paying once for the frame-EA.

You get what you want and you can offer the customer what he wants...

EDIT:

I am not sure the second option actually works...

It might be, you cannot upload such a product.

Thomas Bradley Butler #:

i said nothing about adding a bunch of variations.  

Bunch of variations? Sorry, I cannot follow your words/thought process....

What do you mean with "not said about a bunch of variations"??