Tick trading - page 2

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Maybe you could outline the order flow?

When does a position get closed?
When a predetermined take profit for a group of positions is reached..it closed all positions and starts again

Dominik Christian Egert #:
How?

Please provide a valid calculation for such a scenario.

I am very confident, you are mistaking something here.

Please reconsider your idea, proof it to yourself.

I myself once thought crypto exchange arbitrage would be very lucrative. After 2 years of work and running the system, it gave 500$ gross a month for staking 50k$...

It looked good, but in the end, it wasn't.

And I see similar issues with your strategy, as it is right now. You must address the issues.

EDIT:

I am not typing this to proof you wrong, but to widen your point of view, from the experience I made myself.

Maybe someone else could confirm my statements as well, or ha e some other concerns to mention.

Or maybe some ideas on how to overcome the challenges, your "system" is bringing to the table.
I totally get where youre coming from but im working on it on a simulator in MT5 and getting good results and the only problem is unlike with a sim where you can slow it down and execute..to use on a real market i need a robot just in case network is low or i need a life since this is a neverending trade type of strategy...plus im lazy to be on the pc every waking second 

Jasper Tidigu #:
I totally get where youre coming from but im working on it on a simulator in MT5 and getting good results and the only problem is unlike with a sim where you can slow it down and execute..to use on a real market i need a robot just in case network is low or i need a life since this is a neverending trade type of strategy...plus im lazy to be on the pc every waking second 
Understood.

So can you put together all steps in a plan so that someone would be able to replicate your system on a chart?

This way maybe someone can be found to have enough interest to code it.

All questions I asked still need to be answered. As they will show up when coding this.

Also what are the symbol and account specs that need to be met?

I mean, if you want to drive this thread towards an EA being coded, these are all aspects, you as the creator of this system needs to take ownership of.

And resulting issues will be thrown at you, to be answered by you.

People will not Invest their time into such an endeavor if the original creator is not willing to go throu...

Maybe this way you could make people hop onboard.

EDIT:

Understand, most coders have seen lots of trading "systems" and got burned. They know what to look for and if you want a quality product, you want someone with experience. So you need to pitch it in such a way that people have confidence. And the more eyes are on it, the more robust the end result will be..

There are some really talented coders here who can throw together a proof of concept in a few days.

But they need all relevant details to do so.

It would not work for a long period in a safe way.
I made it a few years ago.
With fixed lot size for all cycles,
Martingale on new cycle lot size,
Without cycle with fixed lot size,
Without cycle with Martingale lot size,
etc.

If you are determined to do it, go ahead. You may find a new solution.

HosseinKOGO #:
It would not work for a long period in a safe way.
I made it a few years ago.
With fixed lot size for all cycles,
Martingale on new cycle lot size,
Without cycle with fixed lot size,
Without cycle with Martingale lot size,
etc.

If you are determined to do it, go ahead. You may find a new solution.
Nobody will code a martingale, sorry.

They don't work.

Lay out a definite plan on how it works, show it has no martingale and no grid, then it might get coded.

Else, go to Freelance section and get it there.

Jasper Tidigu #:

Make sure the test was on "Every tick using real ticks" not "Every tick" 

Jasper Tidigu:

Why did you remove your initial post ?

What should we do with this topic now ?

Alain Verleyen #:

It was about opening a trade on each new tick in an "interweaved" fashion , probably when there was a tick down a buy and a tick up a sell , or the inverse of that .

(the first idea one gets when they use the interpolated [if proper term] ticks backtest in other words) 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

It was about opening a trade on each new tick in an "interweaved" fashion , probably when there was a tick down a buy and a tick up a sell , or the inverse of that .

(the first idea one gets when they use the interpolated [if proper term] ticks backtest in other words) 

it was the inverse.

EDIT:

But the ticks weren't specified. I think he was only considering bid changes. - Doesn't even make sense this way. But when trying this with martingale, it's a guarantee to blow your account in a matter of minutes, no matter the account size....

Alain Verleyen #:

Second time this happens to me when I give time to a thread.... - Maybe I should stop disillusioning people....