Discussion of article "Multibot in MetaTrader: Launching multiple robots from a single chart"

New article Multibot in MetaTrader: Launching multiple robots from a single chart has been published:

In this article, I will consider a simple template for creating a universal MetaTrader robot that can be used on multiple charts while being attached to only one chart, without the need to configure each instance of the robot on each individual chart.

In addition to the template, there is a simple interface, which, I think, can also come in handy, for example, when writing an order in freelance or for other purposes:

I left free space in this interface, it will be enough for three entries in case you do not have enough space. You can easily expand or change its structure completely if necessary.

Author: Evgeniy Ilin

MetaQuotes:

New article Multibot in MetaTrader: Launching multiple robots from a single chart has been published:

Author: Evgeniy Ilin

Hi, this is really cool. May I ask if with this template, can I  use the `BotsInstance` class to attach another Expert from the terminal (external EA outside of this EA) ? If this is possible then means that we can actually backtest multiple EAs simultaneously in StrategyTester.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| create and hang all virtual robots on charts                     |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void CreateInstances()
   {
   for (int i = 0; i < ArraySize(S); i++)
      {
      for (int j = 0; j < ArraySize(Charts); j++)
         {
         if ( Charts[j].CurrentSymbol == S[i] )
            {
            Bots[i] = new BotInstance(i,j);
            break;
            } 
         }
      }
   }

Duc Anh Le #:

Hi, this is really cool. May I ask if with this template, can I  use the `BotsInstance` class to attach another Expert from the terminal (external EA outside of this EA) ? If this is possible then means that we can actually backtest multiple EAs simultaneously in StrategyTester.

yes, it is possible, but you will have to rewrite the adviser code a little, for this a template was made, it will allow you to trade and test such an adviser multicurrency. you just need to place the code in the body of the BotInstance class, and fit it to it