Add "Collapse Sections of Code" Feature in MetaEditor 5

It would greatly improve the coding experience. The feature allows users to collapse or expand sections of code for easier navigation and readability. And it's available on every IDE.

As you may know, large trading systems and complex algorithms require hundreds or even thousands of lines of code. Without proper structuring, these codes can quickly become difficult to navigate, read and edit. With the "Collapse Sections of Code" feature, users can easily collapse and expand sections of code that are not relevant at a particular moment, making it easier to focus on the part of the code that is being worked on. I have a few library files up to several thousand lines of code, without the collapse feature, it is very inconvenient during editing and development. I believe that with this feature, users can improve their productivity and reduce the time and effort required to navigate through their code. 

I still don't know why the dev team don't add this feature to the IDE.

nocpinmylf: It would greatly improve the coding experience. The feature allows users to collapse or expand sections of code for easier navigation and readability. And it's available on every IDE. As you may know, large trading systems and complex algorithms require hundreds or even thousands of lines of code. Without proper structuring, these codes can quickly become difficult to navigate, read and edit. With the "Collapse Sections of Code" feature, users can easily collapse and expand sections of code that are not relevant at a particular moment, making it easier to focus on the part of the code that is being worked on. I have a few library files up to several thousand lines of code, without the collapse feature, it is very inconvenient during editing and development. I believe that with this feature, users can improve their productivity and reduce the time and effort required to navigate through their code. I still don't know why the dev team don't add this feature to the IDE.

Please do a search before posting. It has been requested many times ... https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=code%20folding&module=mql5_module_forum

nocpinmylf: It would greatly improve the coding experience.

I only use the Editor for compiling/debugging. I use Notepad2 with code folding.

Others use Notepad++, Eclipse, scite-mql, Emacs, Visual Studio, or other IDEs.

William Roeder #:

I only use the Editor for compiling/debugging. I use Notepad2 with code folding.

Others use Notepad++, Eclipse, scite-mql, Emacs, Visual Studio, or other IDEs.

there are also some alternative, but coding on Metaeditor is undeniably more productive than other IDEs. I spend a lot of time marking functions, classes... and finding them every time I need to edit them. It's funny that they have integrated ChatGPT to the IDE but the basic feature is still unavailable.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please do a search before posting. It has been requested many times ... https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=code%20folding&module=mql5_module_forum

I see, I just want to create this post to remind the dev team