Are SYMBOL_VOLUME_STEP & SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN ever different?

Are SYMBOL_VOLUME_STEP and SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN ever different?

I have never seen an instrument where the minimum volume wasn't the same as the volume step value. Did you ever see an example where it wasn't the same? Do you think it's possible even though you might have never seen it?

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Symbol Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Yes, I remember seeing that once, but I can't remember when or what the symbol and broker were at the time.

In the Strategy Tester you can indeed set them differently and simulate such a case.

Your broker can easily have min=0.1 and step=0.01, thus valid lot sizes are 0.10, 0.11, 0.12, etc.

For instance, in a default metatrader demo account some NZD symbols have different values (NZDCAD, NZDCHF and NZDJPY have 0.1 minimal and 0.01 step)

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, I remember seeing that once, but I can't remember when or what the symbol and broker were at the time.

In the Strategy Tester you can indeed set them differently and simulate such a case.

William Roeder #:
Your broker can easily have min=0.1 and step=0.01, thus valid lot sizes are 0.10, 0.11, 0.12, etc.
Manuel Alejandro Cercos Perez #:
For instance, in a default metatrader demo account some NZD symbols have different values (NZDCAD, NZDCHF and NZDJPY have 0.1 minimal and 0.01 step)

Thanks for the answers!