How can I retrieve specific mt4 indicator data using python api - page 3

M Ibrahim #: Well, because I am using it to trade with a python API..I have never used MQL4 

I give up!

Fernando Carreiro #:

I give up!

I have a trading program written in python. I have never used mql4, so why would I learn a new language and change the entire program for one indicator?

M Ibrahim #: I have a trading program written in python. I have never used mql4, so why would I learn a new language and change the entire program for one indicator?

Because you are the one that insists on using an indicator that is closed source and only works on MT4.

If you only want to work on Python via the MT5 API, then please use and port open-source Indicators to Python.

If you continue to insist on using this closed-source MT4 indicator, then you have no other choice but to learn MQL4.

Is that clear enough for you to understand?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Because you are the one that insists on using an indicator that is closed source and only works on MT4.

If you only want to work on Python via the MT5 API, then please use and port open-source Indicators to Python.

If you continue to insist on using this closed-source MT4 indicator, then you have no other choice but to learn MQL4.

Is that clear enough for you to understand?

Ok thank you for clarifying. 

M Ibrahim #:

Ok thank you for clarifying. 

If the speed is not matter to you, you can, also, write a simple mt4 EA to write your mt4 indicator data in a file, then, you can read the file in python, extract data, and use it in your python program.

Or if you need more speed, you can copy data to the clipboard, then, you can read it in python,....

Or something like this.

There is no way to make communication between python and mql4 directly.