Error :: the forum rating is no longer affecting the main rating - page 3

Lorentzos Roussos #: The unread bold title = the read state ?

Yes, but after a certain amount of time (I don't know how long), it then becomes a "normal title" and no longer "bold", and no read/unread state is kept for it. So if you did read it before, it gets "removed" from your read count.

EDIT: I suspect they remove the read state from their database to conserve space, otherwise the database would just grow exponentially.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, but after a certain amount of time (I don't know how long), it then becomes a "normal title" and no longer "bold", and no read/unread state is kept for it. So if you did read it before, it gets "removed" from your read count.

EDIT: I suspect they remove the read state from their database to conserve space, otherwise the database would just grow exponentially.

But why is it penalizing you ?

Could it be that the read/unread bug still exists and posts that you have seen and replied are marked unread and then it tallies them up on the "clean up" and punishes you for not reading them ?

From your observations though it seems theres 2 datacenters trying to be in sync . 

Lorentzos Roussos #: But why is it penalizing you ? Could it be that the read/unread bug still exists and posts that you have seen and replied are marked unread and then it tallies them up on the "clean up" and punishes you for not reading them ?From your observations though it seems theres 2 datacenters trying to be in sync . 

No, it punishes you for "reading" them, not for "not reading" them. Whether it is a bug or simply an oversight we will never know.

MetaQuotes is known for ignoring bugs that don't interest them, nor do they publicly take responsibility for any changes they make.

I have grown accustomed to just accepting things and trying to adapt as best I can. In this case, it's not that important or critical anyway.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, it punishes you for "reading" them, not for "not reading" them. Whether it is a bug or simply an oversight we will never know.

MetaQuotes is known for ignoring bugs that don't interest them, nor do they publicly take responsibility for any changes they make.

I have grown accustomed to just accepting things and trying to adapt as best I can. In this case, it's not that important or critical anyway.

Wow . That's why when you reply to a thread it marks it unread ! to not be punished for replying .  😆

Lorentzos Roussos #: Wow . That's why when you reply to a thread it marks it unread ! to not be punished for replying .  😆

No, the read counter only increments for the first time you read a thread. Future updates to the thread no longer increments the rating counter.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, the read counter only increments for the first time you read a thread. Future updates to the thread no longer increments the rating counter.

So if you open all the threads that have not gone into the "recycle" phase you will be penalized as they reach it gradually 

Or 

In other words if you read and not contribute you get penalty ?

Lorentzos Roussos #:So if you open all the threads that have not gone into the "recycle" phase you will be penalized as they reach it gradually Or In other words if you read and not contribute you get penalty ?

That is what I suspect is happening! The counter gets incremented when you first read it, and then decremented again when it gets archived (irrespective of your posts on it). So the net result over time, is zero change on the "Forum:Reading" rating. They might as well remove that specific rating.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Correct! The counter gets incremented when you first read it, and then decremented again when it gets archived. So the net result over time, is zero change on the "Forum:Reading" rating. They might as well remove that specific rating.

I see, well its a defense mechanism (was) Against rating abuse .

This is so sad , its like discovering an ancient civilization .Its evident someone had a full detailed mapping of what the community would be and they were very ambitious , and they got fired or something .