How to code: If at least n of N conditions are met, then

How do I create an indicator with a set of say N conditions, and then say indicator only paints if n of those conditions are true? in mql4. 

You could set up a counter, whenever a condition is true the counter will increment by 1. At the end you could check if n conditions are true.

Amine Abed #:
You could set up a counter, whenever a condition is true the counter will increment by 1. At the end you could check if n conditions are true.

Not a professional coder so really have no idea how that is done. Is this something that I need someone to do for a small fee?

Yes. I think so!

1. marasha #: Not a professional coder so really have no idea how that is done.

You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your difficulty.
              No free help (2017)

MT4: Learn to code it.
    MT5: Begin learning to code it.

If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into your code.

Or pay (Freelance) someone to code it. Top of every page is the link Freelance.
              Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum (2019)

2. We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help (2017)

3. marasha: How do I create an indicator with a set of say N conditions,
    int c=0;
    if( condition1 ) ++c;
    if( condition2 ) ++c;
    ⋮
    if( conditionN ) ++c;

if(c >= n) paint();

William Roeder #:
  1. You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your difficulty.
              No free help (2017)

If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into your code.

2. We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
              No free help (2017)

William Roeder #:
  1. You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your difficulty.
              No free help (2017)

No free help (2017)

Thanks William, slowly learning the ropes

marasha:
How do I create an indicator with a set of say N conditions, and then say indicator only paints if n of those conditions are true? in mql4. 

Something similar was asked in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/375910

Have a look at that

what function should use if want to choose 4 out of 7
what function should use if want to choose 4 out of 7
  • www.mql5.com
I have this 7 value example A,B,C,D,E,F,G if value of A,B,D,E is more than 1 (or) if value of B,D,E,F is more than 1 (or) if value of C,E,F,G is mo...